Having trouble with security proofs...

Discus and support Having trouble with security proofs... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I keep getting the pop up when trying to connect to XBL on my profile. It wants to keep submitting a phone number to call, an e-mail and SMS... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ImGayPirate, Mar 6, 2015.

1. ImGayPirate
    ImGayPirate Guest

Hello,

I keep getting the pop up when trying to connect to XBL on my profile. It wants to keep submitting a phone number to call, an e-mail and SMS text number. I have done so for each. I even put in a secondary for each of them and it still comes up and I don't
    know why. I have read that other people have this issue and I'd like to know how to fix it or I may have to cancel.

Thanks

:)

ImGayPirate, Mar 6, 2015
  2. Microsoft Account keeping me from changing my payment options

Hey there Josh! If you are having trouble with managing your security proofs, please take a look at our "Get help with your Microsoft account security
    proofs
    " guide. Try the steps there and let us know how it goes, thanks!

Mister Gwyther, Mar 6, 2015
  3. Miss Kleo
    Miss Kleo Guest
    Not receiving email to verify live account.

Hey xSucks4buckSx! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble removing that proof! Sometimes certain domains have trouble receiving the verification emails so it sounds like this is the issue here. I'd suggest giving
    phone support a call and having them help you out with your security proofs. Let us know how it goes! Having trouble with security proofs... :)

Miss Kleo, Mar 6, 2015
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

try the following steps, in the exact order

1. Check account.live.com/.../manage to see if at least two security proofs are setup and verified.

2. Delete your profile from the console, be sure to delete only the profile, to do so check this link:

support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

3. Clear the console cache, see this link for the how to:
    support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

4. Turn the console off.

5. Turn the console on.

6. Clear the console cache one more time

7. Redownload your profile.(See the same link as 2.)

Let us know the results

WPAK, Mar 6, 2015
  5. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

try the following steps, in the exact order

1. Check account.live.com/.../manage to see if at least two security proofs are setup and verified.

2. Delete your profile from the console, be sure to delete only the profile, to do so check this link:

support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

3. Clear the console cache, see this link for the how to:
    support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

4. Turn the console off.

5. Turn the console on.

6. Clear the console cache one more time

7. Redownload your profile.(See the same link as 2.)

Let us know the results
  6. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Adding Security Problem

Hey dude! Sorry to hear about the proofs troubles. Have you tried changing your Microsoft Account password?

Also, have you went to live.com and added proofs, such as a phone number, or alternate email?

If you need help setting up proofs, checkout this article:
    Add and Update Your Microsoft Account Security Proofs

Let us know. Thanks!
  7. LIGIT AVATAR H3 Win User

Xbox Security Proof Trouble

ive been having the same problem I need Microsoft number ):
  8. Miss Ermine Win User

Man this sounds like no fun! Sorry to hear that you all are experiencing it. For sure, clearing the system cache is a good step to start with. Instructions for that are here: How
    to Clear Xbox 360 System Cache
    . Then if that doesn't resolve it, we'll want to try redownloading the profile. In order to do that, you head into the Sign In screen, and then scroll all the way to the right to find the "Download Profile" option. Follow
    the steps and it'll recover your account.

Can you let us know if you have any further problems from there?
  9. Sentient Tiger Win User

After an extensive search for a fix to this really annoying problem I read somewhere to clear the system cache and it worked "yay" just press your silver button, go to settings, then system settings, then storage, you should see your hard drive, press the
    yellow "y" button to access device options and then clear system cache, as I said it worked for me so good luck :)
Thema:

1. Having trouble with security proofs... - Similar Threads - Having trouble security

2. i am having trouble signing into my microsoft account for minecraft on my xbox 1 s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i am having trouble signing into my microsoft account for minecraft on my xbox 1 s: i have checked all the settings needing to be allowed for multiplayer games like minecraft but its not still not letting me sign in therefore i cannot play. Thank you for your help have a good day...
  3. Has anyone been having trouble with uploading a custom gamer picture. Because i want to but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone been having trouble with uploading a custom gamer picture. Because i want to but...: Every time I try to upload a custom image it just tells me that we can't upload the picture and try again. And I am wondering if anyone else has this problem. d888702a-e3a5-4fad-b7b7-ddc8d55669ba
  4. Has anyone else been having trouble restarting?

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone else been having trouble restarting?: I’m in Alpha Skip Ahead and for the past few builds every time I try to do a restart or full shut down my console doesn’t turn off/restart. It loses signal on my TV when I do that but the power...
  5. Having trouble receiving my messages and deleting messages

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having trouble receiving my messages and deleting messages: Help i'm having troubles with receiving and sending and deleting messages they won't let me veiw my messages and on top of that i have deleted messages from other people and are refusing to clear...
  6. I'm having trouble with gamesharing on Xbox One.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm having trouble with gamesharing on Xbox One.: My friend and I are gamesharing with each other. He can access ALL of my games and apps however I cannot access his NEWER installments. I have made sure that his account has my Xbox as his home...
  7. Sorry, we're having trouble connecting you. Feel free to try again or ask another question.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sorry, we're having trouble connecting you. Feel free to try again or ask another question.: Ive tried 11 times to get get somebody to call me back and keep getting Sorry, we're having trouble connecting you. Feel free to try again or ask another question....
  8. Having Trouble Accessing Games Already Paid For

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having Trouble Accessing Games Already Paid For: So I got the digital version of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint last year and since then, have deleted it, but now when i look, it's trying to charge me again, and I don't know how to fix...
  9. My sons having trouble accessing Youtube and now today wont allow him to play fortnight

in XBoX Accessibility
    My sons having trouble accessing Youtube and now today wont allow him to play fortnight: He has been on both for the last week but yesterday he couldn't access YouTube now today he cant access fortnight. We have allowed access to both so unsure as to why all of a sudden he cant play...
  10. Having trouble with 2factor id

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having trouble with 2factor id: We receved 2fa verification by email but when we went to exbox it didnt work.it prompted us to do 2fa again Even though the email said we were good to go.can anyone help? Thanks...