HDD died days after update, tried replacing it to no avail

Discus and support HDD died days after update, tried replacing it to no avail in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I was part of the Insider Program Omega, had an update, a few days later my Xbox HDD dies. I cannot replace the drive because that would require an... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DaikonDue5302, Jun 22, 2022.

1. HDD died days after update, tried replacing it to no avail

I was part of the Insider Program Omega, had an update, a few days later my Xbox HDD dies. I cannot replace the drive because that would require an OSU1 offline installation on the new drive which wouldn't work because of the Insider Program OS version. I tried replacing it nonetheless, doing factory resets, nothing works with the new drive, the old one doesn't work at all, displays nothing when I turn on Xbox. Is MS able to fix this issue if I pay their repair fee and send my console in, or would they just send a refurbished console? I would appreciate an answer to my question and no beating around the bush please. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/DaikonDue5302
    [link] [comments]

/u/DaikonDue5302, Jun 22, 2022
  2. IceStorm III Win User

LOCKED: Can I get banned because of drive problem?

[quote user="ksong1222"]Some time ago after the standard warranry is expired, my drive got stuck. It won't completely open or close.

Tried number of tricks suggested here, but none worked.[/quote]Did you try replacing the small square belt? It's a replacement that does not require opening the console or voiding the warranty.
    But one day, I heard if you turn on the xbox without drive
    attached, it will be logged and you might get banned.
    Why? If the drive dies, it dies. Eject will stop working entirely. It becomes useful only for HDD-stored content.

Try replacing the small square belt. That may resolve your issues.
  3. stevenstrange2 Win User

External drive keeps ticking on and off

After having this problem myself since the October update and with all the help I've had to sort it out none of it worked seems to be with something to do with the instant-on option. And now today My external hdd died after been stuck on for half day doesn't
    come on or be recognised by xbox or if plug it in to my pc.
  4. IceStorm III Win User

I'm tired of being ignored.

What, four HDDs have failed on you in the past six years?

The HDD is replaceable and, if you extend the console warranty, is covered under the console warranty. No need to buy a new console every time the HDD dies.
  5. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

Xbox One Hard Drive.

Hello "Hansaplastique" :)

It would have been nice to be able to swap the internal HDD of the Xbox One instead of having an external HDD stick out like an eye sore.

I still use the 20 GB HDD for my Xbox 360 and this HDD is so easy to replace :)

I am pretty sure that a couple of HDD upgrades became available (60 GB, 120 GB, and 250 GB) shortly after my design model Xbox 360 came out.

After this, the Xbox 360 Slim was introduced and I believe that this too had an easily swappable HDD :)

Have a nice day or afternoon or night "Hansaplastique" :)

6. Klokkwork Win User

Xbox removing everything from hard drive?

It's possible that the HDD has not died at all. If all it needs is to be reseated, then removing the HDD and putting it back in will not erase anything on the drive. If the HDD has experienced a failure, however, and reseating does not work, it's possible
    that you will need to replace the HDD. If this is the case, it may be impossible to retrieve the save game progress.
Thema:

HDD died days after update, tried replacing it to no avail

1. HDD died days after update, tried replacing it to no avail - Similar Threads - HDD died days

2. Xbox series x hdd and syncing problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x hdd and syncing problems: So I'm having trouble with two things. First the Series X won't recognize my 4tb hdd at all and second every time I have to hard reset the console (which is a lot) it disconnects all controllers....
  3. Optimised HDD and SSD :for this Xbox does reduce loading times ?

in XboX Insiders
    Optimised HDD and SSD :for this Xbox does reduce loading times ?: Hello I've seen that there are a new option for external HDD and SSD and Seagate Storage Cards named Optimized Storage for an Xbox If we activate it, does it reduced loading times for :...
  4. Need help please xbox hdd swap error e101

in XboX Insiders
    Need help please xbox hdd swap error e101: Trying to upgrade hdd but I'm an insider so I'm getting e101 errors since the update is older how can I get the new update on USB orxim stuck with a broken xbox submitted by /u/cmp2005 [link]...
  5. Series controller disconnect issue, external hdd

in XboX Insiders
    Series controller disconnect issue, external hdd: Hi, I've seen some twitter and reddit posts about controller disconnect issues and just wanted to share my experience. I've had this issue as well, but what i noticed is that it only happens when...
  6. External hdd died on xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hdd died on xbox one s: Hi Since the October update for my xbox one s my external wouldn't go sleep stayed on after doing all things sort it out with Microsoft and with seagate nothing worked, now this morning woke up...
  7. HDD died

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDD died: Last night my HDD on my Xbox one S died and the console is out of warranty. I have a new HDD but I need to know how to get the OS for my Xbox one S onto the new HDD ?...
  8. Xbox One HDD Died

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One HDD Died: Hi, I have a friend where his Xbox One HDD died, and he bought a SSD to replace it, thinking that he can just put it in and it'll work, but it said it isn't formatted. I looked around and it...
  9. External Hard Drive has died, trying to install disc to Internal HDD but no luck...

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive has died, trying to install disc to Internal HDD but no luck...: Hi, I have a 500GB internal HDD on my xbox one and a 1TB external HDD which I install a lot of games on. My external HDD has failed and I believe I'll need to get a new one. In the meantime, I...
  10. Xbox cuts off and dies after 10-20 mins - apparent hdd failure. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cuts off and dies after 10-20 mins - apparent hdd failure. Help?: I've had my Xbox 360 for around 18 months. It is a slim 250gb. It has always worked perfectly, but around an hour ago I was playing a game when it suddenly cut out and wouldn't reboot until it was...