HDD games doubt

Discus and support HDD games doubt in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi As some (If not only a little few) of you might recall since i actively posted a lot of Xbox 360 doubts in here, i just bought a few-years-used (I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tanalbi, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Tanalbi
    Tanalbi Guest

HDD games doubt

Hi

As some (If not only a little few) of you might recall since i actively posted a lot of Xbox 360 doubts in here, i just bought a few-years-used (I always wanted an Xbox 360, but i just had my first job a year ago, in a year where it was kinda-discontinued,
    so i had no choice but find one that is kinda used, KINDA) Xbox 360 a month ago, and i now ordered a gamepad and expecting it to come this Friday so i can FINALLY play, but the guy who sold the console to me, said to me that not only it came with an external
    120GB HDD, but it alsocame with the console had some games inside it

Getting more into this (Since i am more a PC gamer than a console one), i realized it is a good thing, since i, having an active internet connection and having no problem in going online with my console, i could use it to start playing digital games instead
    of simply buying physical copies which, in my case, can either be lost or break or anything worse (Not to mention, i have no proper shelf where to store them).

But i just realized that the Xbox itself came with an account. Dunno if it's an offline or an ONLINE account (Turning on the console WITHOUT the HDD asks me to forcibly log in with a brand new account, but WITH it, it automatically logs into the menu with
    an account, but i did all that WITHOUT connecting it to internet iva cable), but...

What if those games on the HDD are linked that THAT account (I have a hunch, maybe that account is actually OFFLINE and the guy logged off before selling it) and i am not able to play them since i'll log in with my (Different) Xbox gamertag?

Regardless of the matter of wether this is actually playing with another person's account (Which i am gonna try to stay away from upon getting my gamepad and getting to the bottom of it), i was actually wondering if games that are stored inside an HDD (Along
    with save games) can be actually played with ANOTHER Xbox account?

I don't mean online, cuz as of now, i am not planning into getting a Gold subscription or anything, but what do i exactly need to play an offline game like Grand Theft Auto V or others?

:)

Tanalbi, Sep 6, 2019
  2. Tanalbi Win User

HDD games doubt

Hi ,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand you are trying to use games on a HDD that someone owned before you. Unfortunately, them games are tied to the profile that purchased them games. This is true for any console. Your best bet would be to uninstall
    all these titles and start fresh and purchase your own titles. You don't need a large shelf as a lot of games can be purchased digitally.

Thanks,

Brad
    Really? Yeah well, i knew it was too good to be true.

I'll start finding and purchasing some digital titles through any store i find, then.

And i'll uninstall those games and everything related, i am afraid i'll have to do it and start over.

Thanks for the quick answer, Brad!
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

HDD games doubt

Hi Tanalbi,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand you are trying to use games on a HDD that someone owned before you. Unfortunately, them games are tied to the profile that purchased them games. This is true for any console. Your best bet would be to uninstall
    all these titles and start fresh and purchase your own titles. You don't need a large shelf as a lot of games can be purchased digitally.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. XBF Ruben D Win User

HDD games doubt

Hello
    Tanalbi

We'll be locking the thread as there are no other resolutions for this issue. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums and create a new thread for further assistance. For those reading
    this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
  5. Mister Fitzer Win User

HDD Doubt...

As long as the second console you're using is the same make and model, you should be okay. Just note that any modifications to the Xbox 360 console whatsoever are grounds for a ban.
  6. Temhotabot Win User

HDD Doubt...

Simple answer, yes.
Thema:

HDD games doubt

1. HDD games doubt - Similar Threads - HDD games doubt

2. New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.: I have now purchased 2 different external HHD's for my XBOX one S, both are well over 256GB and both USB 3.0. One of the HDD was a 2TB and that told me that I needed one with 256GB storage or...
  3. Installing a game on both external and internal HDD causes bugs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installing a game on both external and internal HDD causes bugs?: Hello, Unsure if this is related to the game developer and/or its both xbox and game dev. In this game called "state of decay 2" I had the game installed on both - which caused a lot of bugs...
  4. Transfer Game data from computer to HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer Game data from computer to HDD: Hi Everyone. The situation is as follows; I have an old xbox 360 arcade with a 60GB HDD. I wanted to transfer the data from that HDD onto my new xbox 360 slim with 350GB HDD By using the...
  5. Downloading a Game via XBoxLive from one PC, saving it to a HDD and transfering it to another ...

in XBoX on Windows
    Downloading a Game via XBoxLive from one PC, saving it to a HDD and transfering it to another ...: Ladies and Gentlemen, I am living in a student accommodation and we have a monthly internet data limit of 70 GB and it is already hard to get on with it without huge Game Downloads....
  6. 0x80bd003c - Format HDD to NTFS to use for Xbox game captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    0x80bd003c - Format HDD to NTFS to use for Xbox game captures: Ive been trying to set up a USB 3 HDD to store game captures on my Xbox one and keep getting the error message: “First format this drive on your PC. To capture game clips and screen shots...
  7. Only a specific game freezes. Disc has no scratches/marks. Without HDD works perfect.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only a specific game freezes. Disc has no scratches/marks. Without HDD works perfect.: Hello, I'm trying to play the game ASSASSIN'S CREED II. Only runs to the main menu, and then it freezes. The disc has NO scratches/marks. I followed the solution of STEP 4 about the HDD: Xbox...
  8. Copy/move xbox one games from hdd to hdd

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Copy/move xbox one games from hdd to hdd: Hi there I have had this issue for a while now, my friend has and xbox one as do I, his hdd crashed and dowsnt want to re download all his games, now I have an extra hdd that I copy games to in...
  9. Why won't my external hdd launch games anymore?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my external hdd launch games anymore?: I have a Seagate expansion desktop drive model SRD00F2 and for some reason since january of this year it won't launch any games. I get the message saying that it took too long to launch the...
  10. Xbox One X in preview build 1805 not recognizing games or allowing reformat of external HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X in preview build 1805 not recognizing games or allowing reformat of external HDD: The title basically says it all. I've been having this issue on the preview alpha build. No, I'm not new at this, and no, I don't need to change a setting like show all games or show all storage....