HDD issues

Discus and support HDD issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi got a new 120gb hdd and tranfer cable as well. When i plugged it in I could only use 32gb of it, I checked it on my pc it got 111gb free. I tried 2... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HappyG01, Feb 16, 2014.

1. HappyG01
    HappyG01 Guest

HDD issues

Hi got a new 120gb hdd and tranfer cable as well. When i plugged it in I could only use 32gb of it, I checked it on my pc it got 111gb free. I tried 2 formate it but tat option does not appear on the xbox memory storage, device option. I replaced my hdd
    in the 360 with it to see if it work but it comes up with no storage device detected. I cleared the system so there nothing on it now, but wen I check it on storage device the option I have is configure now up to 32 gb (it is seen as configure usb device)
    is there anyway for me to formate so I use the whole 120gb

:)

HappyG01, Feb 16, 2014
  2. Claptrap
    Claptrap Guest
    My Dashboard Is Slow

Yeah, it sounds like HDD issues or maybe overheating... since you're getting someone to check the HDD, wait for them to tell you if it's messed up or not. If it isn't the HDD, look into possible overheating issues...

Claptrap, Feb 16, 2014
  3. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    HDD issues

Is the data transfer cable the official Microsoft cable or some third party cable?

EggsBoxJuan, Feb 16, 2014
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

HDD issues

It sounds like you may have a third party cable. This is a known issue with those types of cables. Basically what's happened is that your hard drive has been formatted to be used as a flash drive and not as a 360 hard drive as intended. Unfortunately, there
    is no way to reformat it to it's original state.

Smwutches, Feb 16, 2014
  5. Undeadfire Zero Win User

Issues with the HDD

When hardware gets years of usage. They tend to slow down and perform slower then their post to. Like a car that loses it's horsepower due to age.
  6. Mister Ohnaka Win User

HDD issues

Hey right on! Glad to hear it's fixed! :D
  7. VES Detroit Win User

Issues with the HDD

Try clearing some space on it?
  8. Smwutches Win User

HDD issues

It sounds like you may have a third party cable. This is a known issue with those types of cables. Basically what's happened is that your hard drive has been formatted to be used as a flash drive and not as a 360 hard drive as intended. Unfortunately, there
    is no way to reformat it to it's original state.
  9. Misses Joust Win User

HDD issues

It's definitely worth a shot, BERRETTA. Delete the optional install to see if the game runs better. If not, try Photon's suggestion of clearing the cache, then restart your console and try playing again.

Let us know the results. =) If either of those don't work then we can try something else.
Thema:

HDD issues

1. HDD issues - Similar Threads - HDD issues

2. Update issue with external hdd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update issue with external hdd: Since July 2019 update, my Xbox x will not recognize my wd external hdd. I have done all steps already as per your site with no luck. Help please. Used my friends seagate hdd and it was...
  3. Xbox One S HDD issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One S HDD issues: Hi, I am having difficulty getting xbox one s to recognise a hitachi touro desk hdd (2TB) that has been partitioned and formatted to NTFS. I have tried all solutions on the internet and am at a...
  4. WD My Book 6 TB HDD issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    WD My Book 6 TB HDD issues: Hey everyone i just bought a new 6TB WD My Book for games and storage. My Xbox 1 X is not recognizing it nor is my laptop i know i need to format it but I don't know exactly what is the issue with...
  5. HDD fragment data issue Need to be fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDD fragment data issue Need to be fix: Dear Xbox Team or Microsoft Team. i'm sick and tired of having to keep reformatting my Xbox one and Xbox one S just because it has a Fragmented Data issue, Let me tell you about the things i...
  6. Games freezing / dropping connectivity - HDD issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games freezing / dropping connectivity - HDD issue?: I was playing Battlefield 3 and just lost connectivity, but my xbox one live account seemed fine. Next I was playing a blitz game in Halo Wars 2 and the game freezes in play unexpectedly. All...
  7. HDD Sata Dock Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDD Sata Dock Issue: So to start I was using a Seagate 5tb external Hd. Well to say the least it fell over and ruined the Sata bridge so I wasn't able to hook it back up. Well the drive and data were all ok so I...
  8. Xbox not seeing space on Ext HDD/Game Update issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox not seeing space on Ext HDD/Game Update issue: I have a 1TB Ext HDD, did a calculation to see I had only 300gigs of games installed, but it showed only 30gigs left. I have also had game update issues, Rainbow 6 and FH3 both do full reinstalls...
  9. [ISSUE] System Freezes when Accessing HDD.

in XBoX on Consoles
    [ISSUE] System Freezes when Accessing HDD.: I have quite the bizarre issue and haven't found anyone that's experienced anything similar. My story goes from last night, when I activated Xbox Live and began to start GTA Online. GTA Online...
  10. Unformatted external HDD issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unformatted external HDD issue: sorry in advance for a lengthy post, but wanted to include as much detail as possible to get better feedback...I have a 250GB external HDD on my 360. The HDD is at least 2 years old. Roughly 1-2...