Hdmi 2.0 vs 2.1 cables

Discus and support Hdmi 2.0 vs 2.1 cables in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been having trouble with dolby vision with xbox one x. I bought a new tv and even replaced my xbox and surround sound system and still having... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jonhilleary, Mar 23, 2020.

1. jonhilleary
    jonhilleary Guest

Hdmi 2.0 vs 2.1 cables

I've been having trouble with dolby vision with xbox one x. I bought a new tv and even replaced my xbox and surround sound system and still having problems with the tv cutting out while using dolby vision or hdr10 content. My question is the 2.1 cables
    that online says it would make a difference in the quality but the cables say they are E-arc can I use these on my Xbox? Are they compatible?

:)

jonhilleary, Mar 23, 2020
  2. supermm Win User

Hdmi 2.0 vs 2.1 cables

What's the brand of the TV?

For my sony TV i must enable the enhanced setting on the HDMI port which my HDR device is connected to.
  3. jonhilleary Win User

Hdmi 2.0 vs 2.1 cables

It's a visio m558 -f1 not real sure if it will except Earc even on my dolby atmos receiver onkyo txnr575 does it make difference on the hdmi cables dont they just work as a regular cable or does everything have to be Earc
  4. Flight_747 Win User

Which version of HDMI cable comes with the ONE X?

The cable labled version is not that important over a short run. Its the chipset inside the device and the display thats important.
    VRR on LG SM90 also works via HDMI 2.0 cable. If so, i really do not need a 2.1 cable.
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox X-Seris Displayport Support

Hello!

For 4K TVs, I think 120 hz with 2.0 hdmi is the maximum that the system will request. Now, for 8K TVs, 144hz with hdmi 2.1 it is necessary. So do not worry.
    Hdmi 2.0 can only support 4K at 60hz or 1440p ( 2K ) at 120hz, Hdmi 2.1 will allow 4K at 120hz.

I'm also hoping that the console has a Displayport 1.4, for 4K at 120hz to use on 4K 144hz monitors
  6. TwiggyChimera77 Win User

Xbox X-Seris Displayport Support

Hello!

For 4K TVs, I think 120 hz with 2.0 hdmi is the maximum that the system will request. Now, for 8K TVs, 144hz with hdmi 2.1 it is necessary. So do not worry.
Thema:

Hdmi 2.0 vs 2.1 cables

1. Hdmi 2.0 vs 2.1 cables - Similar Threads - Hdmi cables

2. Issue with HDMI cable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue with HDMI cable: Hey I just bought xbox one S digital version and it's HDMI cable is not working. This is brand new purchase and it is not working out of the box. 84b21bfc-bdd6-47d1-b10f-98453a5e83a8
  3. Which version of HDMI cable comes with the ONE X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which version of HDMI cable comes with the ONE X?: Which version of HDMI cable comes with the ONE X? 2.1 or 2.0(b)? I could not find the answer to this question on the Internet. b0165428-440b-4238-adec-8b33506c8944
  4. Kinects repair & replacement 4ft hdmi cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinects repair & replacement 4ft hdmi cable: I need to replace or repair my Kinect device. I need to replace 4ft HDMI cables . Help. Thanks 85e85ffa-f351-4156-9efe-db87be2f97e0
  5. If you have a High Speed 4K HDMI cable. What is the longest it can be for Xbox 1X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If you have a High Speed 4K HDMI cable. What is the longest it can be for Xbox 1X?: If you have a High Speed 4K HDMI cable. What is the longest it can be for Xbox 1X? I have 45-50ft cable to a projector that is having a hard time detecting the Xbox. If it does detect it. Only...
  6. Playing a dvd in xboxone and audio quit. Tv audio works fine. Changed hdmi cable and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing a dvd in xboxone and audio quit. Tv audio works fine. Changed hdmi cable and...: I was playing a dvd with the xboxone which is connected to my t v by an hdmi cable- no cable or sat tv. The audio quit. I changed the hdmi cable to see if that was it and still no audio. The tv...
  7. Would an optical audio cable to hdmi work for xbox to tv?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Would an optical audio cable to hdmi work for xbox to tv?: My hdmi port on my xbox one stopped working and I cant really get it fixed right now. Is there any way a optical audio to hdmi adapter would work for audio and video from my xbox to tv (connecting...
  8. HDMI cable is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI cable is not working: I just bought a brand new xbox one s; the hdmi cable that came with it is not working. How can I get a replacement from microsoft? 45fb1f98-ab29-41af-b3c2-8f98685f2a2a
  9. Best xbox 360 display settings with hdmi cable for the 4k hdr lg tv?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best xbox 360 display settings with hdmi cable for the 4k hdr lg tv?: I buy yesterday the used xbox 360 6d55ac67-b850-476c-95af-f08c744a6aa7
  10. 12+ft HDMI Cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    12+ft HDMI Cable: Hey everyone. I have always used the HDMI cable included in the consoles. However I have a new setup with a mounted TV and am now in need of a longer HDMI cable that will reach from my Xbox One...