Hdmi 2.1 Xbox series X

Discus and support Hdmi 2.1 Xbox series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone I have a question regarding the HDMI 2.1, so my question is I have an Xbox one S and it shows my TV is capable of Dolby Vision and 4k... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AndrePepe, Jan 28, 2022.

1. AndrePepe
    AndrePepe Guest

Hdmi 2.1 Xbox series X

Hello everyone I have a question regarding the HDMI 2.1, so my question is I have an Xbox one S and it shows my TV is capable of Dolby Vision and 4k but the TV doesn't have HDMI 2.1, since I bought the Series X will it affect the 4k resolution or will only affect me playing at 4k 120 FPS (witch only is possible with a 2.1 HDMI ) ? Will I be able to play at full 4k with a TV capable of Dolby Vision but with a 2.0 HDMI?

Best regards

:)

AndrePepe, Jan 28, 2022
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox series x

And what if I buy a cable will it work
    The Xbox Series X will come with a HDMI 2.1 cable,

But whether you use a HDMI 2.1 cable or not, the HDMI port on the TV needs to be HDMI 2.1 to achieve the 120hz refresh rates at 4K.

using a HDMI 2.1 cable on a TV port with HDMI 2.0 will still only limit the Xbox Series X to 60hz refresh rates.

[table][tr][td]Xbox Console HDMI Port[/td][td]HDMI Cable[/td][td]TV HDMI Port[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 120hz[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][/table]
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Variable Refresh Rate greyed out with a AMD compatible Monitor (HP 27xq AMD FreeSync monitor)

The Xbox One X is the only console that has HDMI 2.1. Xbox One S has HDMI 2.0.
    The Xbox One S and One X both use HDMI 2.0,

The Xbox One uses HDMI 1.4

The Series X will have HDMI 2.1.
  4. THX1138 Win User

Variable Refresh Rate greyed out with a AMD compatible Monitor (HP 27xq AMD FreeSync monitor)

Hello,

VRR is supported via HDMI 2.1. The Xbox One X is the only console that has HDMI 2.1. Xbox One S has HDMI 2.0. This Fall 2020 the new Xbox Series X will also support HDMI 2.1 features like VRR, Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and up to 120fps support.
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox series x

So o can connect the hdmi 2.1 to a regular 4 k 2.0 hdmi port but I will not get the full experience or
    there will be like some xbox series xs that have different cables.
    No, The Xbox Series X has a HDMI 2.1 port therefore it will always ship with a HDMI 2.1 cable,

[table][tr][td]Xbox Console HDMI Port[/td][td]HDMI Cable[/td][td]TV HDMI Port[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 120hz[/td][/tr][tr][td][td][td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][/table]

"So o can connect the hdmi 2.1 to a regular 4 k 2.0 hdmi port but I will not get the full experience or there will be like some xbox series xs that have different cables."

Yes, you can connect a HDMI 2.1 cable to a HDMI 2.0 port on your TV, you'll just be limited to 4K at 60hz, which is no different to what it like to play on the Xbox One X right now,

[table][tr][td]Xbox Console HDMI Port[/td][td]HDMI Cable[/td][td]TV HDMI Port[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox One X, HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.0 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][tr][td][td][td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox One X, HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 1.4 = 4K at 24hz to 30hz[/td][/tr][/table]

As long as you have HDMI 2.0 port on your TV you'll be fine to use the Xbox Series X, but if your wanting to experience 4K at 120hz, you'll need a TV or Gaming monitor that has HDMI 2.1 ports.
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

144hz?

Thank you again, last question, will the xbox series X be able to support 144hz for monitors?
    No, they will be capable of 120hz over HDMI 2.1 if you have a monitor with HDMI 2.1,

But, as of yet, there are no gaming monitor with HDMI 2.1,

The first gaming monitors to have HDMI 2.1 wont be available until the end of this year to early 2021.
Thema:

Hdmi 2.1 Xbox series X

1. Hdmi 2.1 Xbox series X - Similar Threads - Hdmi series

2. Xbox Series S does not and will not support 2K at 120hz with HDMI 2.0

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series S does not and will not support 2K at 120hz with HDMI 2.0: The Series S claims 1440p at 120hz. I’ve seen these posted “solutions” but it is only ever 1440p60 or 1080p120 and that’s it… Xbox needs to let series S owners utilize the full bandwidth of HDMI...
  3. Xbox Series X Display Issue / HDMI Port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Display Issue / HDMI Port: I turned on my Xbox Series X with my recently purchased Elite v2 controller when I got home from work but nothing appeared on the TV other than "No signal." I got behind my TV and checked the HDMI...
  4. Xbox series x HDMI and power ports.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series x HDMI and power ports.: so I noticed yesterday when hanging my Xbox on the wall mount and plugging in the power and HDMI cables that both ports are very very loose. they sway back and forth about a quarter of an inch...
  5. Damaged HDmi xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Damaged HDmi xbox series x: Hdmi is damaged on xbox x Have only purchased it nov 2021 It is saying on Microsoft that it will cost me £284 to repair even though under warranty and currys say nothing to do with them...
  6. Xbox Series S> hdmi switch > moniter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S> hdmi switch > moniter: Just purchased a Series S, having issues connecting it to my set-up. Direct to the monitor works fine but using an HDMI switch won't. It works for One S & Nintendo Switch. I'm using this HDMI...
  7. Hdmi e-arc audio Studio quality audio on Xbox series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Hdmi e-arc audio Studio quality audio on Xbox series X: On windows 10 or 11 there is an audio option to change hdmi audio from DVD quality audio to studio Quality audio why is there no option like that on the Xbox series X asking because Dolby audio on...
  8. HDMI port on Xbox Series One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI port on Xbox Series One X: My HDMI port stopped displaying so I sent it into Microsoft to be repaired.. Got the unit back and a year later the same issue seems to be happening. My unit turns on but no display on the TV. I...
  9. Series X HDMI-CEC Volume Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X HDMI-CEC Volume Issues: Is anyone still having issues with the HDMI-CEC settings and the volume? I saw some threads from launch, but nothing from late 2021 until now with a solution. I have the Series X, and I have...
  10. Xbox series x hdmi port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x hdmi port: Is hdmi port damage covered in the standard warranty? 55e81776-0417-4e47-b6d6-1d4dfe356143