HDMI CEC - Controlling the Xbox via TV remote

Discus and support HDMI CEC - Controlling the Xbox via TV remote in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Have the new Xbox Series X as an upgrade from Xbox One X. With regards to the HDMI CEC is it possible for the TV remote to navigate the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PunHy, Nov 17, 2020.

1. PunHy
    PunHy Guest

Hi,

Have the new Xbox Series X as an upgrade from Xbox One X.

With regards to the HDMI CEC is it possible for the TV remote to navigate the Xbox Menu when HDMI CEC is set to the Xbox?

Use case: From the TV, set the input to Xbox (in my case is via a receiver) using TV remote , Navigate to say Kodi or Plex or any other AV type application using the TV remote as oppose to the Xbox Controller.

Essentially using the Xbox as a Media centre and that way no need to have an android TV box connected (e.g. Nvidia Shield).

It's just the convenience of watching or streaming something without using the Xbox controller. Currently I'm using the TV remote to control the Nvidia Shield when HDMI input is selected to Shield on the TV. was hoping to have a similar experience when
    selecting the Xbox.

Hope this makes sense to someone.

:)

PunHy, Nov 17, 2020
  2. Nielo TM Win User

How does TV work with voice.

You can control your Set Top Box (STB) if it supports HDMI-CEC. You maybe able to control your TV, but again it needs to support HDMI-CEC.

-

Some STBs do not feature HDMI-CEC protocol (e.g. Sky HD STB), which means it can't be controlled via Xbox One. You need a Sky remote.
  3. IceStorm III Win User

xbox one's tv abilities?

ARC is Audio Return Channel. It allows a TV's audio to be sent back to the attached receiver via the HDMI Out of the receiver instead of having to run a separate audio line from the TV to the receiver. It's intended for use when using a TV's internal tuner
    via an attached antenna or cable source.

HDMI CEC is what allows your TV's remote to control other components without actually programming the remote with the code for the other devices.

HDMI CEC pre-dates ARC by several revisions. Unfortunately, few things take advantage of it.
  4. dpoet Win User

HDMI Pass-through Question

To take full advantage the cable/ TV box will need to be HDMI CEC. This will give Xbox One the ability to change channels via the Xbox One TV guide. If not CEC you will have to use TV box remote to change channels.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

My satellite tv remote keeps turning on my Xbox one console

Do you connect your Satellite TV box through the Xbox One (via the HDMI In port)?

The Xbox One doesn't have any Bluetooth functionality. So it's not the actual remote control turning on the console, but probably the HDMI CEC being
    sent from your TV box.
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

HDMI TV Control

the xbox does not support cec or hdmi control, you would need to go to tv setting on the xbox and setup tv control again as it may have lost the code, the xbox controls tv's via infrared only.
Thema:

1. HDMI CEC - Controlling the Xbox via TV remote - Similar Threads - HDMI CEC Controlling

2. Problems with HDMI-CEC after the latests Update [Insider]

in XBoX on Windows
    Problems with HDMI-CEC after the latests Update [Insider]: I love the HDMI-CEC features, to turn on my TV with the xbox controller, and turn my xbox off with the TV remote. but after i got the last update - 10.0.22000.3006 (xb_flt_2111co.2111119-2200) its...
  3. HDMI cec volume control stuck going up all the way or down neee to change increments

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI cec volume control stuck going up all the way or down neee to change increments: Every time I use my media remote, the guide or my app to adjust the volume on my series x it either goes all the way to max when I press up or all the way to mute if I press down. I’m baffled and...
  4. does the hdmi-cec control in alpha skip ahead exist for original xbox one? thx

in XboX Insiders
    does the hdmi-cec control in alpha skip ahead exist for original xbox one? thx: does the hdmi-cec control in alpha skip ahead exist for original xbox one? thx submitted by /u/kocoman [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC control Home and Apps

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC control Home and Apps: I’m on Alpha Skip-Ahead, I was checking the new home in 4K very nice by the way, but when I moved some things on my TV, I saw that the Xbox also reacted with the D-Pad of my TV control, and it...
  6. HDMI-CEC volume controls aren't working.

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI-CEC volume controls aren't working.: I'm having an issue where HDMI-CEC volume controls aren't working on my Xbox Series X. I have my console connected to a Hisense brand TV and it won't adjust the volume when I attempt to with an...
  7. Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC NOT controlling UI

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC NOT controlling UI: My Sony TV, has HDMI-CEC like every modern TV, and I have it ENABLED on my Xbox Series X, my TV, my AVR, and it WORKS PERFECTLY on my PS4, my Raspberry pi 2 and 3, but NOT on my Xbox Series X,...
  8. Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC Volume Control Not Working

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC Volume Control Not Working: As the title states, volume control via HDMI-CEC isn’t working through the Series X to my Vizio P55-F1. I’ve tried changing HDMI ports and cables, but regardless of changes the behavior stays the...
  9. HDMI-CEC volume control doesn't work on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC volume control doesn't work on Series X: I just got my Series X and I tried using the old Xbox One media remote - it seems to be working fine, just that controlling the TV volume through HDMI-CEC doesn't work. I enabled all the HDMI-CEC...
  10. : Xbox Series S - HDMI-CEC Volume Control not working

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Xbox Series S - HDMI-CEC Volume Control not working: : Xbox Series S - HDMI-CEC Volume Control not working Hey guys TV Model - Samsung Series 6 55", Anynet+ enabled Xbox Model - Xbox Series S, with HDMI-CEC options all enabled Digital Assistant -...