HDMI CEC not working on Xbox Series X

Discus and support HDMI CEC not working on Xbox Series X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; After long search on the internet and contacting the xbox support, I'm still searching for a solution. The HDMI CEC doesn't work on my new Xbox Series... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MrAthl3tiK, Feb 22, 2021.

1. HDMI CEC not working on Xbox Series X

After long search on the internet and contacting the xbox support, I'm still searching for a solution. The HDMI CEC doesn't work on my new Xbox Series X, unless it was working fine with my Xbox One X on the same TV (LG). The settings are good on the TV. I emptied the cache, change the settings on the console (for HDMI CEC) enabled and disabled it but nothing change. The TV can't be controlled by the Xbox for now...

For more information, don't hesitate to ask me, I want to solve this issue for me and other people facing it.

Console : Xbox Series X Build : Omega

HDMI cable : Official

TV : LG Simplink : Enable Synchronization : Enable

submitted by /u/MrAthl3tiK
    [link] [comments]

/u/MrAthl3tiK, Feb 22, 2021
  2. AsHperson Win User

Why doesn't Xbox consoles(360 and newer) have HDMI CEC?

Just any random device? How does this work extensively? Does this just enable CEC on the primary HDMI out or is there some weird trick to plugging in my receiver to the HDMI in on the xbox and the input turns into the output but with HDMI CEC?
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox series x

And what if I buy a cable will it work
    The Xbox Series X will come with a HDMI 2.1 cable,

But whether you use a HDMI 2.1 cable or not, the HDMI port on the TV needs to be HDMI 2.1 to achieve the 120hz refresh rates at 4K.

using a HDMI 2.1 cable on a TV port with HDMI 2.0 will still only limit the Xbox Series X to 60hz refresh rates.

[table][tr][td]Xbox Console HDMI Port[/td][td]HDMI Cable[/td][td]TV HDMI Port[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 120hz[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0[/td][td]HDMI 2.1 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][tr][td]Xbox Series X, HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.1[/td][td]HDMI 2.0 = 4K at 60hz[/td][/tr][/table]
  4. IceStorm III Win User

Does Xbox One Live TV work with OTA Digital Tuners?

Xbox One supports HDMI-CEC.
  5. St0ckton Win User

X1 stopped turning on and off my audio receiver since update

Thendercleetz, HDMI-CEC support doesn't have to be an 'all or nothing' feature. If given the proper configuration settings, Kinect IR blaster and HDMI-CEC could work in tandem quite well. As you say most cable boxes don't support this feature, so they would
    be continued to controlled by the Kinect, the rest by HDMI-CEC (with the ability to turn this on/off). As for the Power On/Off, HDMI-CEC is a two-way communication if you turn the Xbox on and the TV and AVR are both already powered on it's checks that and
    does nothing. For powering off, we would need to be given an additional option (just as PS4 does). 'Power off console only', and 'Power off all components'.
  6. Coreldan Win User

Xbox One Passthrough work when off?

I don't know what anynet is, nor do I know if "HDMI control" and HDMI-CEC are the same thing, but HDMI-CEC is supported according to MS.
Thema:

HDMI CEC not working on Xbox Series X

1. HDMI CEC not working on Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - HDMI CEC working

2. : Hdmi cec problems since last update Xbox Series X LG TV and sound bar

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Hdmi cec problems since last update Xbox Series X LG TV and sound bar: : Hdmi cec problems since last update Xbox Series X LG TV and sound bar I have problems with hdmi cec in xbox series x since last update. Before it worked perfectly, now with last update, now when...
  3. : HDMI CEC worked on XB1 for AVR, but new series X doesn't

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : HDMI CEC worked on XB1 for AVR, but new series X doesn't: : HDMI CEC worked on XB1 for AVR, but new series X doesn't Pioneer 1022 AVR worked great with my XB1. TV and AVR would fire up with the console no problem. Got a series X yesterday(finally!), and...
  4. Preview Beta, HDMI CEC stopped working?

in XboX Insiders
    Preview Beta, HDMI CEC stopped working?: After the most recent update -0000 my CEC stopped working. Turning off the Xbox no longer turns off my tv and soundbar. Anyone else experienced this? submitted by /u/daje0000 [link] [comments]
  5. HDMi-CEC stopped working for a period

in XboX Insiders
    HDMi-CEC stopped working for a period: Anyone experiencing Cec stopped working on receivers? It works now after telling the Xbox to not decode and let the soundbar do the job submitted by /u/HumanBackground3 [link] [comments]
  6. HDMI-CEC doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC doesn't work: Hi guys! Another question on a newly bought XBOX Series X - for whatever reason it doesn't turn on / off my TV when I enable / disable the console. HDMI-CEC is enabled, I've doublechecked, my...
  7. Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC Volume Control Not Working

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC Volume Control Not Working: As the title states, volume control via HDMI-CEC isn’t working through the Series X to my Vizio P55-F1. I’ve tried changing HDMI ports and cables, but regardless of changes the behavior stays the...
  8. HDMI-CEC volume control doesn't work on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC volume control doesn't work on Series X: I just got my Series X and I tried using the old Xbox One media remote - it seems to be working fine, just that controlling the TV volume through HDMI-CEC doesn't work. I enabled all the HDMI-CEC...
  9. : Xbox Series S - HDMI-CEC Volume Control not working

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Xbox Series S - HDMI-CEC Volume Control not working: : Xbox Series S - HDMI-CEC Volume Control not working Hey guys TV Model - Samsung Series 6 55", Anynet+ enabled Xbox Model - Xbox Series S, with HDMI-CEC options all enabled Digital Assistant -...
  10. Feedback: HDMI-CEC not working when turning the system on

in XboX Insiders
    Feedback: HDMI-CEC not working when turning the system on: Since I can't use the internal report a problem app I'll post this issue here. I'm on Alpha Skip-Ahead. When I turn on my XsX all my other devices connected via HDMI are not turned on. I need to...