: HDMI CEC worked on XB1 for AVR, but new series X doesn't

Discus and support : HDMI CEC worked on XB1 for AVR, but new series X doesn't in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : HDMI CEC worked on XB1 for AVR, but new series X doesn't Pioneer 1022 AVR worked great with my XB1. TV and AVR would fire up with the console no... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by SamBartell, May 1, 2021 at 10:23 AM.

1. SamBartell
    SamBartell Guest

Pioneer 1022 AVR worked great with my XB1. TV and AVR would fire up with the console no problem. Got a series X yesterday(finally!), and with the CEC settings all enabled, it just wont interact with the AVR. Will not turn off or on.

Being that the XB1 will still power the AVR up and down without issue, how do I solve this? I liked the old spray and pray method the XB1 used; send command: did it work? No? Next command.

This intelligent CEC is working great with the tv, but kinda sucks the AVR is left behind. Especially since the remote for the receiver died years ago, but with the XB app and power on/off settings this was a non issue.

Any help?

:)

2. St0ckton Win User

X1 stopped turning on and off my audio receiver since update

Thendercleetz, HDMI-CEC support doesn't have to be an 'all or nothing' feature. If given the proper configuration settings, Kinect IR blaster and HDMI-CEC could work in tandem quite well. As you say most cable boxes don't support this feature, so they would
    be continued to controlled by the Kinect, the rest by HDMI-CEC (with the ability to turn this on/off). As for the Power On/Off, HDMI-CEC is a two-way communication if you turn the Xbox on and the TV and AVR are both already powered on it's checks that and
    does nothing. For powering off, we would need to be given an additional option (just as PS4 does). 'Power off console only', and 'Power off all components'.
  3. Chunky DeMonkey Win User

Switch DVR input when Xbox One is turned on

I think that is an hdmi cec thing and should be a setting within your avr to sense the signal is in use and performs the auto switching of your input.
  4. dpoet Win User

HDMI Pass-through Question

My bad, I didn't know XB1 had a IR socket. It just seemed some people expected to just plug in TV/sat box, and xb1 would control it via HDMI, which it will if it is CEC. I know some friends in UK use TV with built in Freeview tuner, and are going to buy
    external Freeview/ Freesat receiver for xbox1. Post was Just a heads up really, look for one that is CEC and it should work OK. I think Sky+ HD receiver is CEC, but Sky+ receiver is not. It doesn't matter as much if XB1 has IR socket.
  5. Andy P2 Win User

Xboxone and AVR

Ok, so my Pioneer is HDMI 1.4 but my Cisco STB is HDMI 1.3...But it does have CEC (which is another way to control devices). Still not seeing how this is going to work... betting a lot of us won't be set the way we want on day one. Now with Time Warner
    I do control my STB from my MS surface via the web (this is a TW service), I wonder if the xbone might leverage some of those service... still doesn't answer the pass through for STB - AVR - Xbone -AVR - HDTV
  6. SillyBoy18 Win User

Losing TV/cable signal need help

Hi All, I had this issue with a Dish Hopper. I fixed it, it's kind of funny that M$ doesn't hire the right people to test this stuff. Need to hire people who are consumers not just because they have a college degree form some stupid college that doesn't
    teach them ***.

Fix: Go to settings Turn off HDMI-CEC, CEC is to turn of the TV when you turn off the receiver, of course the Xbox is suppose to do this. Xbox needs to do a patch to ignore this signal so it doesn't do the signal lose.

I have 3 Xbox Ones and it was only happening on the XB1 that I had with my hopper, and wasn't effecting the XB1 with the Joeys, so I compared setting and found that this is the only one that HDMI-CEC turned on. Once I turned it off the issue of signal lose
    was resolved.
Thema:

1. : HDMI CEC worked on XB1 for AVR, but new series X doesn't - Similar Threads - HDMI CEC worked

2. : Hdmi cec problems since last update Xbox Series X LG TV and sound bar

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Hdmi cec problems since last update Xbox Series X LG TV and sound bar: : Hdmi cec problems since last update Xbox Series X LG TV and sound bar I have problems with hdmi cec in xbox series x since last update. Before it worked perfectly, now with last update, now when...
  3. Preview Beta, HDMI CEC stopped working?

in XboX Insiders
    Preview Beta, HDMI CEC stopped working?: After the most recent update -0000 my CEC stopped working. Turning off the Xbox no longer turns off my tv and soundbar. Anyone else experienced this? submitted by /u/daje0000 [link] [comments]
  4. HDMI CEC not working on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI CEC not working on Xbox Series X: After long search on the internet and contacting the xbox support, I'm still searching for a solution. The HDMI CEC doesn't work on my new Xbox Series X, unless it was working fine with my Xbox...
  5. HDMi-CEC stopped working for a period

in XboX Insiders
    HDMi-CEC stopped working for a period: Anyone experiencing Cec stopped working on receivers? It works now after telling the Xbox to not decode and let the soundbar do the job submitted by /u/HumanBackground3 [link] [comments]
  6. HDMI-CEC doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC doesn't work: Hi guys! Another question on a newly bought XBOX Series X - for whatever reason it doesn't turn on / off my TV when I enable / disable the console. HDMI-CEC is enabled, I've doublechecked, my...
  7. Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC Volume Control Not Working

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X HDMI-CEC Volume Control Not Working: As the title states, volume control via HDMI-CEC isn’t working through the Series X to my Vizio P55-F1. I’ve tried changing HDMI ports and cables, but regardless of changes the behavior stays the...
  8. HDMI-CEC volume control doesn't work on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC volume control doesn't work on Series X: I just got my Series X and I tried using the old Xbox One media remote - it seems to be working fine, just that controlling the TV volume through HDMI-CEC doesn't work. I enabled all the HDMI-CEC...
  9. : Xbox Series S - HDMI-CEC Volume Control not working

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Xbox Series S - HDMI-CEC Volume Control not working: : Xbox Series S - HDMI-CEC Volume Control not working Hey guys TV Model - Samsung Series 6 55", Anynet+ enabled Xbox Model - Xbox Series S, with HDMI-CEC options all enabled Digital Assistant -...
  10. Feedback: HDMI-CEC not working when turning the system on

in XboX Insiders
    Feedback: HDMI-CEC not working when turning the system on: Since I can't use the internal report a problem app I'll post this issue here. I'm on Alpha Skip-Ahead. When I turn on my XsX all my other devices connected via HDMI are not turned on. I need to...