HDMI connection not recognized

Discus and support HDMI connection not recognized in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My TV is not recognizing the HDMI port connected to my XBOX. The HDMI port and cables work with other devices (Cable box and DVR) just not the XBOX.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by scatboi614, Apr 2, 2019.

1. scatboi614
    scatboi614 Guest

My TV is not recognizing the HDMI port connected to my XBOX. The HDMI port and cables work with other devices (Cable box and DVR) just not the XBOX. When I try to switch to the HDMI port, it doesn't show as active. Any recommendations on how to fix??
    I have switched cables and ports, but only XBOX is experiencing this problem.

:)

scatboi614, Apr 2, 2019
  2. XBF Lance J Win User

Hey Scat Boi,

Thank you for reaching out. I see your console doesn't seem to be providing a signal to your TV. Make sure you are using the HDMI out and not the HDMI in port on your Xbox. Since the HDMI cable itself seems to be working just fine, I'd recommend setting
    up your console on a different TV or monitor to make sure this isn't a compatibility issue. Let us know how it goes! :D
  3. Atherza Win User

Have you tried the Xbox on another TV/Display?
  4. Cloud Gear 13 Win User

Question do you have a AVR?
  5. scatboi614 Win User

Thank you, my son had put it in the wrong port.
  6. johnsnyder34 Win User

RCA to HDMI converter not working in xbox.

i have opposite problem. Xbox is RCA. Want to play Minecraft in multiplayer mode but it only works in HD or using an HDMI connection to TV. I used a converter/adaptor of RCA to HDMI but the game does not recognize it as HDMI so no multiplayer mode. Any
    suggestions?
Thema:

1. HDMI connection not recognized - Similar Threads - HDMI connection recognized

2. Black screen connecting via HDMI to Plasma

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen connecting via HDMI to Plasma: I've seen a number of posts about this issue, but none of them seem to contain a definitive answer. I have re-connected an older tv to my xbox. Its a Panasonic viera, and worked with my Xbox One...
  3. No sound from xbox one x when connected via optical to soundbar and hdmi to tv!

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound from xbox one x when connected via optical to soundbar and hdmi to tv!: I have connect: xbox to tv sony kd55-xf9005 via hdmi xbox to jbl 2.1 soundbar (no 4k pashthrough) via otical jbl 2.1 soundbar to tv via hdmi (ARC) When i connect hdmi xbox to tv and hdmi...
  4. Xbox won’t connect to HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won’t connect to HDMI: Hi, I have tried 3 different tv’s, and multiple different HDMI cables, and looked up videos on Youtube but nothing has worked yet. May 18 2020 I went on a road trip and brought my Xbox, i didnt...
  5. Xbox won't connect to HDMI or controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't connect to HDMI or controller: I started my Xbox and tried to load a game. When the game couldn't start, my Xbox screen began to slow down and almost nothing worked, so I reset the console by clicking restart. When the console...
  6. Xbox one HDMI broken, Can I take the hard drive out to connect to my new Xbox One X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one HDMI broken, Can I take the hard drive out to connect to my new Xbox One X?: Xbox one HDMI is broken. Can I take the hard drive out to connect to my new Xbox One X? I cannot do the back up or transfer on the bad console. Can I access the hard drive as an external when I...
  7. XBOX One X no connection to TV (no HDMI output)

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One X no connection to TV (no HDMI output): Hey guys Just bought an Xbox One (just over a month ago). Turned it on this morning and just tried to go from FiFA to COD and the screen went black and TV said no hdmi input. Tried the usual,...
  8. HDMI not connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI not connected: When i power on my xbox it says no signal hdmi. Then the xbox powers off after about a minute. Help please 78b3da13-d4a0-4ff0-a07e-ef6a8754feac
  9. my xbox one s doesn't connect to hdmi

in XBoX Accessibility
    my xbox one s doesn't connect to hdmi: hello, 2 days ago, i turned on my xbox one s... i was playing with my friends, at a certain point i see a black screen on my monitor, i try to check if hdmi is ok, and i find hdmi out scart...
  10. Hardware Problem/Failure to Connect to HDMI - Anyone Else?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hardware Problem/Failure to Connect to HDMI - Anyone Else?: My Xbox one is having trouble connecting to the TV. I try connecting to 3 different TVs and sometimes I will get lucky with one of them. I’ve noticed the times it does work, the fan is running at...