HDMI connection not recognized

Discus and support HDMI connection not recognized in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My TV is not recognizing the HDMI port connected to my XBOX. The HDMI port and cables work with other devices (Cable box and DVR) just not the XBOX.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by scatboi614, Apr 2, 2019.

1. scatboi614
    scatboi614 Guest

My TV is not recognizing the HDMI port connected to my XBOX. The HDMI port and cables work with other devices (Cable box and DVR) just not the XBOX. When I try to switch to the HDMI port, it doesn't show as active. Any recommendations on how to fix??
    I have switched cables and ports, but only XBOX is experiencing this problem.

:)

scatboi614, Apr 2, 2019
  2. XBF Lance J Win User

Hey Scat Boi,

Thank you for reaching out. I see your console doesn't seem to be providing a signal to your TV. Make sure you are using the HDMI out and not the HDMI in port on your Xbox. Since the HDMI cable itself seems to be working just fine, I'd recommend setting
    up your console on a different TV or monitor to make sure this isn't a compatibility issue. Let us know how it goes! :D
  3. Atherza Win User

Have you tried the Xbox on another TV/Display?
  4. Cloud Gear 13 Win User

Question do you have a AVR?
  5. scatboi614 Win User

Thank you, my son had put it in the wrong port.
  6. johnsnyder34 Win User

RCA to HDMI converter not working in xbox.

i have opposite problem. Xbox is RCA. Want to play Minecraft in multiplayer mode but it only works in HD or using an HDMI connection to TV. I used a converter/adaptor of RCA to HDMI but the game does not recognize it as HDMI so no multiplayer mode. Any
    suggestions?
Thema:

1. HDMI connection not recognized - Similar Threads - HDMI connection recognized

2. Xbox One X HDMI connective issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X HDMI connective issue: My xbox one x will work fine on my monitor but when I try to connect it to my other TV the HDMI input says that there is no signal. The TV is a TCL and I have tried multiple cords....
  3. 42PG20D: HDMI Not Connected

in XBoX TV Hardware
    42PG20D: HDMI Not Connected: 42PG20D: HDMI Not Connected Hi Kevin! Thanks for the swift update with your reply. As your console's HDMI connection isn't being recognized despite using a different TV and HDMI cable, if you've...
  4. Can't connect through HDMI LG TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect through HDMI LG TV: Anybody have a fix for a LG TV that won't recognize my xbox through the HDMI? Tried multiple chords, took it to a shop assuming it was the port on the xbox and it worked there. Got back home and...
  5. Linksys: xbox turns off by itself..won't connect to hdmi

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Linksys: xbox turns off by itself..won't connect to hdmi: Linksys (Modems/Gateways): xbox turns off by itself..won't connect to hdmi Hello feliciahill1, Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We recommend utilizing the article entitled, "Troubleshoot...
  6. How can i connect my xbox 360 to my hp all in one computer (windows 10) using a HDMI cord?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can i connect my xbox 360 to my hp all in one computer (windows 10) using a HDMI cord?: I understand that this question has been asked before but all the answer said was Start - Settings - System - Display. that's not enough I need you to elaborate more on how to connect it please....
  7. TWO XBOX ONE X CONNECTED TO THE SAME PHILIPS TV HDMI PORT BUT REACTING DIFFERENTLY...

in XBoX on Consoles
    TWO XBOX ONE X CONNECTED TO THE SAME PHILIPS TV HDMI PORT BUT REACTING DIFFERENTLY...: Two Xbox One X consoles connected to the same HDMI port of a Philips TV, but reacting differently! That's my problem: my xbox one x shows all the green check marks for hdr games but my brother's...
  8. Xbox One hdmi connection issue, totally baffled

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One hdmi connection issue, totally baffled: OK, so I bought a second hand Xbox one. Cannot connect it to my TV via hdmi. So bought a new hdmi cable, but no joy. Plugged hdmi cable into laptop and shows on TV. Amazon firestick also works on...
  9. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Cant connect to hdmi after update

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Cant connect to hdmi after update: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Cant connect to hdmi after update You could try an offline update. From what it sounds like is you turned the system off during the update process. If you can...
  10. Xbox 1X - do i need HDMI cable to connect to an ASUS monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1X - do i need HDMI cable to connect to an ASUS monitor: Hello, I purchased an XBox 1X for my son for Christmas along with a monitor for gaming. Do I need to purchase a high speed HDMI cable to connect them? Or does the XBox 1X come with the connection...