HDMI, Emerson HDTV, and no signal

Discus and support HDMI, Emerson HDTV, and no signal in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an XBox 360 S and an Emerson 32" LC320EM3F A that just flat-out refuse to communicate with each other via HDMI, or component video for that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tarc917, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Tarc917
    Tarc917 Guest

I have an XBox 360 S and an Emerson 32" LC320EM3F A that just flat-out refuse to communicate with each other via HDMI, or component video for that matter; only the 3-RCA composite works.

I've googled and read through literally dozens upon dozens of "HDMI no signal" threads over the last few days, and nothing has worked so far; Y+RT while turning on, blind navigation, etc... I brought the XBox to another HDTV, it worked perfectly, and while
    there I set it down to 720p hoping that'd be good once I got home, but still no luck. Swapped HDMI cabled left and right, no success.

Has there been any further development or additional insight into this matter?

:)

Tarc917, Apr 3, 2015
  2. RIPPER731
    RIPPER731 Guest
    New to Xbox one and have home theater issue with sound.

Tv has 3 hdmi ports. No optical port. Receiver is Panasonic. Tv is Emerson. Black Friday. I went nuts. Lol

RIPPER731, Apr 3, 2015
  3. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    HDTV Settings - Elite Xbox 360 Slim + Roxio Game Capture

[quote user="Trude174"]I hook it up all correctly and I switch the HDMI cable from, "TV," to, "HDTV," and I turn on the Xbox but I don't get any signal just the regular blue screen from my HDTV.[/quote]There's no switch on an HDMI cable.

Do you perhaps have an original 360 Component cable that comes with both red/green/blue and yellow/red/white cable bundles?

IceStorm III, Apr 3, 2015
  4. tplarkin7 Win User

Console HDMI not working

I don't think you can record HDMI. It's a secure protocol. I think the 360 requires a secure signal when using HDMI, or it will not boot up. I know that when I turn my 360 on, and the HDTV if off, the 360 "waits" for the HDTV to turn on.
  5. VernierSlake Win User

Image appear in black n white

Googling about it seems you only need to set the console to output a 60Hz signal and you're using a HDTV if you're using component/HDMI
  6. LeonardOliveira-CED8 Win User

audio delay

Hello ! I hope my answer helps you.

Here it goes:

HDTV display sets (Plasma, LCD and LED) are built completely DIGITAL internally and because of that are optimized for HDMI signal. Because Y-Cb-Pr signals are analog (The three pins contain High Definition Black & White video on the GREEN wire plus analog
    signal with color information on RED and BLUE wires) the HDTV set need to first convert them to DIGITAL before displaying and the conversion process does create the annoying lag you're noticing.

If your HDTV set has DVR (Digital Video Recorder) capability, the conversion may also occur with the audio signal. And while the audio and video signals shown by the TV are in sync they can be up to a second behind what the console is currently displaying.
    This is going to be more noticeable on music games, of course.

The solution for your problem is upgrade the connection to HDMI (If your console has the HDMI connection it will be simple). While you can buy any standard HDMI cable I recommend the MS kit because it also comes with an extender which adds optical audio
    out.

Oh by the way if your console is an XBOX360s it already has all the needed outputs built in so you don't need to buy anything but a HDMI cable.

P.S.: Game mode works by attempting to optimize the Analog to Digital conversion inside the HDTV set.

Since you say tried that already, I'm suggesting you try HDMI.
  7. ctaubel Win User

HDMI stopped working

The fix I just did is:

1. My HDMI signal switched to DVI. I also lost the HDTV menu.

2. I turned on Display discovery, and rebooted.

3. I turned off Display discovery, and rebooted.

4. The HDTV menu came back, and now it works fine.
  8. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Connecting my xbox to my laptop

Very few laptops accept a signal in from the HDMI port, the HDMI port is in most cases an output only so that you can connect your laptop to an HDTV or other HD display. If there is nothing regarding using the HDMI port as an input in the laptop instruction
    manual then I'm afraid it just won't be possible.
Thema:

1. HDMI, Emerson HDTV, and no signal - Similar Threads - HDMI Emerson HDTV

2. HDMI out port slightly damaged but working perfectly, should I be worried?

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI out port slightly damaged but working perfectly, should I be worried?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Abdulllahmohsinn [link] [comments]
  3. Cost for an HDMI repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cost for an HDMI repair: My Xbox One is pretty old. Recently, the HDMI output has stopped working. How much would be charged if I sent it to Microsoft to be repaired? 31ebde07-efef-42b1-b193-6e5c1b48e139
  4. Xbox one HDMI broken, Can I take the hard drive out to connect to my new Xbox One X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one HDMI broken, Can I take the hard drive out to connect to my new Xbox One X?: Xbox one HDMI is broken. Can I take the hard drive out to connect to my new Xbox One X? I cannot do the back up or transfer on the bad console. Can I access the hard drive as an external when I...
  5. defect in the Hdmi port

in XBoX on Consoles
    defect in the Hdmi port: Ive been a xbox fan for a long time Why cant the xbox team stand by there product? I sent it to get fix and it was fixed now I have the same issue and the customer service team is charging me...
  6. Sent in Warrantied Xbox One X for Repairs with Controller, Power Cord, and HDMI and only...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sent in Warrantied Xbox One X for Repairs with Controller, Power Cord, and HDMI and only...: Wow, Unbelievable...so first I send my accessories with my Xbox and it sounds like from the answers I have gotten I am not able to get them back. On top of all this, I sent my Console back...
  7. Sent in Warrantied Xbox One X for Repairs with Controller, Power Cord, and HDMI and only...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sent in Warrantied Xbox One X for Repairs with Controller, Power Cord, and HDMI and only...: Hey all, Incredibly disappointing that my Xbox One X I sent in for repair a few weeks ago came back today without a power cord, HDMI, and Controller that I sent originally. Sure, I could have...
  8. Xbox One X changes bitstream format and hdmi audio on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X changes bitstream format and hdmi audio on its own: Does anybody have this problem? I want my Xbox One X to do HDMI audio Bitstream out with a Bitstream of DTS and THIS xbox consistently refuses to adhere to those settings. I have an xbox one s in...
  9. Audio is not working with HDMI with television monitor. Will it be working again in the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio is not working with HDMI with television monitor. Will it be working again in the...: is ther a way to get the HDMI feature back or not. If not what can be used to hear something? Thanks a bunch, i do not want to buy grammerly [mod removed] Marian...
  10. xBox one - No HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    xBox one - No HDMI: Hi, I've tried different monitors and cables, it's definitely something to do with the box. Hopefully not faulty as it's my sons and he'll be gutted. Thanks f3ef4865-6015-4046-a099-581bd60430ca