HDMI Error when connecting Xbox One X to TV

Discus and support HDMI Error when connecting Xbox One X to TV in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We cannot get our tv or any monitor to connect to the xbox one. We have tried several different hdmi cords and several different tvs and monitors and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BethCummings, Mar 20, 2020.

1. BethCummings
    BethCummings Guest

We cannot get our tv or any monitor to connect to the xbox one. We have tried several different hdmi cords and several different tvs and monitors and they keep saying they can't find the source. HDMI error. Help! My kids are going bonkers!

:)

BethCummings, Mar 20, 2020
  2. schnurren Win User

: Blanking Samsung QE55Q60 screen

Hello Stuart,

Can you connect your Xbox One X to another HDMI port? Also try with another HDMI cord?

Altough the best test you can do to check if the issue lies on the console or on the TV, would be connecting the Xbox One X to another TV monitor.

Please tell us the results of these test please!
  3. dboyrusky Win User

1X degrades cable picture

So are you saying you plugged your cable box into the HDMI passthrough on the One X?

If the cable box is defaulting to a lower resolution when connected into the Xbox One X's HDMI passthrough, you should be able to adjust the display output in the cable box's settings menu.
    When cable box goes through xbox one x the picture quality is degraded compared to when it is connected to tv straight. Not really resolution, theres more noise in the picture. Tried switching hdmi cables, inputs. Hopefully it can be corrected via software
    update.
  4. {Parity} Win User

Have you changed the input on the TV/monitor to the correct setting on the settings of the TV/Monitor.

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart
    the console.
  5. BethCummings Win User

I tried all of that, but not sure what that first sentence meant.

Looked at sending this back for repair, but it will cost me $250 because out of warranty. So frustrating...this thing is only 1.5 years old and was not cheap to begin with.
  6. RandyAU93 Win User

Xbox one

As long as your TV supports HDMI connections with a minimum resolution of 720p, you'll be fine. If it does not, you will have a problem, as Xbox One consoles (first-gen, Xbox One S and Xbox One X) all require HDMI connections and that minimum resolution.
Thema:

1. HDMI Error when connecting Xbox One X to TV - Similar Threads - HDMI Error connecting

2. saida hdmi do x-box one[Translation-exit hmdi on Xbox one]

in XBoX on Consoles
    saida hdmi do x-box one[Translation-exit hmdi on Xbox one]: Tenho o x-box já há algum tempo. Ontem fui baixar um jogo, muito pesado e durante o processo de baixar o jogo o console aparentemente passou a não enviar mais sinal para a televisão. A televisão...
  3. Xbox One don't start correctly - HDMI Ausgang defekt? Xbox One X startet nicht

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One don't start correctly - HDMI Ausgang defekt? Xbox One X startet nicht: Meine Xbox One X startet nicht korrekt: am TV kommt kein Signal an, als ob die Xbox ausgeschaltet ist >> ich habe schon ein anderes HDMI Kabel getestet und auch die Xbox an einem anderen TV...
  4. My xbox one s has a faulty hdmi component what should I do?

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox one s has a faulty hdmi component what should I do?: My xbox one s has a faulty hdmi component on the board my xbox is past warranty but is only a fault because of how it was made is there anything I can do? submitted by /u/michcarey456 [link]...
  5. Can't Figure Out to use HDMI Port for Gaming on HP 20-c013w

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Figure Out to use HDMI Port for Gaming on HP 20-c013w: I have about exhausted about an hour of my life trying to find anything on my pc to help and online with this issue. I feel I am fairly resourceful and intelligent, but I am stumped. I can't...
  6. Issue with HDMI cable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue with HDMI cable: Hey I just bought xbox one S digital version and it's HDMI cable is not working. This is brand new purchase and it is not working out of the box. 84b21bfc-bdd6-47d1-b10f-98453a5e83a8
  7. Xbox one x doesn't send hdmi signal

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x doesn't send hdmi signal: The console wont send any signal to the tv I've changed the hdmi and that didn't help I've changed my tv settings and that didn't help it turns on fine even the controller connects fine but now it...
  8. (X360) Full red ring error: Does it happen too if i plug HDMI?

in XBoX on Consoles
    (X360) Full red ring error: Does it happen too if i plug HDMI?: Or it will just do the same just because the console does not recognize the AV cable? PS: I already know how's the deal since i researched a lot. e0d39182-6198-41ae-9ce3-437fb33cdf19
  9. Xbox 360 S I have Red dot when i plug in HDMI cord and error code E82

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S I have Red dot when i plug in HDMI cord and error code E82: when the hdmi I unplugged I have Green lights I also changed cords w/ anew one still same problem? 5e0d1f09-4d70-4535-a917-04e591a8aa0e
  10. 5.1 sound passthrough HDMI to sony BDP E280 Home cinema : error ​0x80bd0009

in XBoX on Consoles
    5.1 sound passthrough HDMI to sony BDP E280 Home cinema : error ​0x80bd0009: Hello, Happy new year! I would like to get 5.1 sound passthrough HDMI to sony BDP E280 Home cinema but unfortunately i get error 0x80bd0009 Before updating the Xbox it used to work by forcing...