HDMI in and HDMI out both failed within days of each other. Is this a coincidence?

Discus and support HDMI in and HDMI out both failed within days of each other. Is this a coincidence? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A friend of mine recently recommended the xbox game pass, and after seeing some of the games offered i decided to break out my original XbOne and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VenevicusYT, Mar 25, 2020.

1. VenevicusYT
    VenevicusYT Guest

HDMI in and HDMI out both failed within days of each other. Is this a coincidence?

A friend of mine recently recommended the xbox game pass, and after seeing some of the games offered i decided to break out my original XbOne and download some of them to play. After about a week of
    playing, my OneGuide, which i ran my TV box through, stopped receiving a signal. After trying different cords, unplugging and replugging, i figured the port was just faulty on my xbox. Not 2 days later, while playing 2k, my screen went black and i got up to
    look at the xbox. I jiggled the HDMI and the picture returned, and since i turned my xbox off that night i haven't been able to get a picture on any screen with any hdmi cable i have tried. I am however able to connect to my PC through the smartglass app,
    and can use my computer screen as a monitor with the stream feature, but this is far from ideal. Do i contact microsoft and send it back their way, take it to a shop near me, or is there some fix that I am unaware of? Any advice is appreciated, much thanks!

:)

VenevicusYT, Mar 25, 2020
  2. XA JJKILLERs Win User

A friend of mine recently recommended the xbox game pass, and after seeing some of the games offered i decided to break out my original XbOne and download some of them to play. After about a
    week of playing, my OneGuide, which i ran my TV box through, stopped receiving a signal. After trying different cords, unplugging and replugging, i figured the port was just faulty on my xbox. Not 2 days later, while playing 2k, my screen went black and i
    got up to look at the xbox. I jiggled the HDMI and the picture returned, and since i turned my xbox off that night i haven't been able to get a picture on any screen with any hdmi cable i have tried. I am however able to connect to my PC through the smartglass
    app, and can use my computer screen as a monitor with the stream feature, but this is far from ideal. Do i contact microsoft and send it back their way, take it to a shop near me, or is there some fix that I am unaware of? Any advice is appreciated, much thanks!
    If its the og xbox 1 you best bet is to just go get a new one the repair costs would be around the same if they would repair it at all
  3. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Sounds like the retimer chip went bad. You would have to send that in to fix. Since you said this was an original xbox I'm not sure it would be worth it though price wise.
  4. LastEeveeng Win User

5. FeyTech Win User

Denke thema ist erledigt wenn ich die antworten richtig sehe hier :)
  6. WinsomeSword Win User

Best settings for my TV?

[quote user="Silent Paradigm"]

Sounds like you have input lag/motion blur issues. Did you plug your Pro 360/silver HDMI into the same port that the Slim 360 was in when you tested it out, or was it another HDMI port? I'm guessing it's simply display settings on your HDMI input. You should
    check out what picture settings you used for the Pro 360/silver HDMI and replicate them on the other HDMI input. Either that or you could switch the HDMI cable to the other HDMI port and see if you get the results you're looking for.

[/quote] I had the Slim Xbox in HDMI port 1 and the Pro Xbox in HDMI port 2. I wasn't aware that the settings could be different on each port. Thanks for letting me know, I will check that out and see what is different on both
    Ports.
Thema:

1. HDMI in and HDMI out both failed within days of each other. Is this a coincidence? - Similar Threads - HDMI HDMI both

2. Xbox One X turning on, but not giving HDMI output

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X turning on, but not giving HDMI output: Hi there. My Xbox One X turns on - the Xbox button lights up, and there's a beep. But afterwards, there's no video or sound output through the HDMI output. My TV works otherwise, and I've tried...
  3. HDMI not working with Toshiba Tv?

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI not working with Toshiba Tv?: Yesterday I got my uncle's old Toshiba TV and all I want to do is connect to the Xbox so I can play games and watch Netflix. I don't care about the DirecTV or whatever. But I connect the HDMI port...
  4. Broken Hdmi port in xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken Hdmi port in xbox: My xbox one s has a broken hdmi port and cant communicate with my tv. I wanted to know if there is an alternative way to do this or do i just buy a completely new one?...
  5. Series X - HDMI passthrough dongle alternative

in XboX Insiders
    Series X - HDMI passthrough dongle alternative: Asked to post here by an Ambassador on Twitter. Since HDMI passthrough is officially nixed, support for USB HDMI capture dongles would be an acceptable alternative. Phil's argument against it...
  6. My xbox one is not working for HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one is not working for HDMI: Hello, I have tried re starting the console, unplugging cords, settings on xbox and tv. Still I have only 680 available? Thank you in advance, Chase 9e7ba53b-eb59-48db-88d3-7a394b0223bc
  7. I deactivate accidentally HDMI (config invalidations)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I deactivate accidentally HDMI (config invalidations): Hi, im facing a problem that is driving me crazy. I deactivate HDMI (invalidation HDMI when I had it in auto), now i cant see any HDMI signal xbox one works but is showing no signal hdmi. I tried...
  8. one guide give me no program information both of usb tuner and hdmi

in XboX Insiders
    one guide give me no program information both of usb tuner and hdmi: one guide give me no program information both of usb tuner and hdmi submitted by /u/chintups2 [link] [comments]
  9. How to use both analog and HDMI to a computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to use both analog and HDMI to a computer monitor?: I'm currently using a computer monitor as a display for my 360, it doesn't have any speakers so I decided to take apart the analog 360 cable housing so I could fit both HDMI and the analog cables...
  10. HDMI CEC or ARC or both?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI CEC or ARC or both?!: So, My kit is the following: LG Smart TV 47" Sony STR-DN1020 with 7 discrete speakers hooked up to it and a sub. Setup like this: Sky -- TV (ARC enables 5.1 DD back to amp) HDMI 2 PS3 -- Amp...