HDMI issue with Xbox

Discus and support HDMI issue with Xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I never post to anything like this, but I have searched everywhere online and have found no solution. So here goes... A few days ago my Xbox stopped... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Law3, May 30, 2014.

1. Law3
    Law3 Guest

HDMI issue with Xbox

I never post to anything like this, but I have searched everywhere online and have found no solution. So here goes...

A few days ago my Xbox stopped video and audio. I was finally able to get video back (the Y+RT thing might have fixed it), but no audio. Disabling Display Discovery in the Xbox settings brought back my audio. I returned the settings to 1080p. Everything
    works on the HDMI port on the side of my TV. There are 3 additional HDMI ports on the back of the TV. None of the three work. I get "mode not supported" or an all static screen with a split second of the dashboard picture flickering every 5-6 seconds.

HDMI 1,2, & 3 -- "mode not supported" or flickering static screen

HDMI 4 -- beautiful 1080p with audio

I have tried 3 different HDMI cables with the same results (all roughly 6'). I have plugged my DirecTV STB and panny blu-ray in, and all 4 ports work at 1080p with no issues.

I want these HDMI ports on the back to work because this is a wall mount install and I want a clean install. The side HDMI is visible.

Help me, Internet. You're my only hope.

:)

2. Droth1187
    Droth1187 Guest
    Anyone else have issues with TV after last update?

XBox one updated the other night and since than XBox is unable to detect my DirecTV box. Checked under Settings > TV and does not detect anything. Find it to be a huge coincidence that the XBox updates and now the HDMI cable went bad at the same time?
    Going to pick up a new HDMI cable tonight to see if this is the issue, was just wondering if anyone else experienced this issue or this issue at any other point with the XBox?

Thanks

Droth1187, May 30, 2014
  3. CaCHooKa Man
    CaCHooKa Man Guest
    NXOE Issue with HDMI

These aren't the preview forums:

forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

You also probably didn't read the release notes:

HDMI-In:

• You may experience a black screen when using a device via HDMI-in, even if this device is not a cable or set-top box.
    • Workaround: Run through the initial TV set-up and configure for a TV provider even if you don’t have a TV provider.

CaCHooKa Man, May 30, 2014
  4. FlintyGull79 Win User

What format to use ?

Try connecting the Xbox One HDMI Cable to HDMI 1 and see if that fixes the issue!
  5. Waxx1981 Win User

HDMI Input causing intermittent Audio and Video signal loss issues

1. Cisco ISB7500

2. AT&T

3. CISCO ISB7500 (HDMI) Xbox One (HDMI) Pioneer VSX-1021 (HDMI) LG LX6500

Removing the Xbox One eliminates the issue, and swapping HDMI cables into and out of the Xbox One does nothing. Signal loss is basically permanent now.

HDMI cable from Xbox One to receiver is the one provided with Xbox One, all other HDMI are insignia highspeed HDMI.
  6. Miss Portia Win User

Hdmi issue

DOes your TV have more than one HDMI Input? If so, could you try the others?
  7. Georgelulwaf Win User

Hdmi issue

OK I'll try that now, thanks.
  8. Hyperion145 Win User

HDMI issue.

Thema:

HDMI issue with Xbox

1. HDMI issue with Xbox - Similar Threads - HDMI issue

2. Xbox One X HDMI connective issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X HDMI connective issue: My xbox one x will work fine on my monitor but when I try to connect it to my other TV the HDMI input says that there is no signal. The TV is a TCL and I have tried multiple cords....
  3. Ongoing issue with HDMI signal loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ongoing issue with HDMI signal loss: I've had an ongoing issue with HDMI signal loss with HDR games - previous post:...
  4. Xbox One X HDMI Port Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X HDMI Port Issue: I have an Xbox One X still under Warranty last month it started flickering. The tv would go blank for a few seconds then come back on. After awhile it gor worse and worse. I switched tvs and...
  5. HDMI Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI Issues: Ok so since yesterdays outage all i get is no signal on my 40"tv i i ha tried different cables with each variation of end plugged into xbox. Definitely plugged in to tv out, tried all three hdmi...
  6. Xbox One hdmi connection issue, totally baffled

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One hdmi connection issue, totally baffled: OK, so I bought a second hand Xbox one. Cannot connect it to my TV via hdmi. So bought a new hdmi cable, but no joy. Plugged hdmi cable into laptop and shows on TV. Amazon firestick also works on...
  7. Sony: HDMI to RCA Audio Issues w/ new Xbox One Refurbished-

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Sony: HDMI to RCA Audio Issues w/ new Xbox One Refurbished-: Sony (Televisions): HDMI to RCA Audio Issues w/ new Xbox One Refurbished- Thank you for the suggestions. For now we are stuck as is- maybe when the tax refund comes we'll get a modern tv w/ HDMI....
  8. Issues While Using an HDMI Switch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues While Using an HDMI Switch: Split from this thread. So i purchases a HDMI switch and plugged it into the input of the XBONEX, and it says no video found. I know its not the switch because i plug it directly into the...
  9. Xbox one s hdmi port issue and how its fixed.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one s hdmi port issue and how its fixed.: XBOX ONE S HDMI PORT ISSUE. bdabb005-bbfb-4f54-8d67-9ebd82f07aa2
  10. HDMI Handshake issues when HDR is enabled?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HDMI Handshake issues when HDR is enabled?: Has anyone had any issues with HDMI handshaking (no-input on the tv) when enabling HDR on Xbox One X. 292ef4f7-bcfd-4229-9430-f3cbd2d9ac15