HDMI Not working Xbox One X

Discus and support HDMI Not working Xbox One X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One X was working perfectly fine last night and now today i’ve tried plugging it up with many different HDMI’s and different monitors/tv’s and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ItsHunter23, Mar 21, 2020.

1. ItsHunter23
    ItsHunter23 Guest

My Xbox One X was working perfectly fine last night and now today i’ve tried plugging it up with many different HDMI’s and different monitors/tv’s and nothing has worked and it all acts like nothing is even plugged in

:)

ItsHunter23, Mar 21, 2020
  2. RawToastMmm Win User

Xbox one X no signal

I'm very sorry to hear that your Xbox doesn't seem to be displaying... have you checked the following?

• Verify HDMI cable works with another device
    • Verify the HDMI input on your TV or Receiver works with another device
    • Verify that the HDMI cable is plugged into the HDMI IN port on the Xbox One X
    • If you have another display (like a HDMI computer monitor or another TV) try connecting it to that
    • Try disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable while the Xbox One X is powered on

Check if it's just the display having issues... if if the Xbox One X isn't booting properly:

1. Turn on the Xbox One X, and connect a LAN cable to your Xbox One X and to your router
    2. Log into your router and check to see if your Xbox One X is showing up on the network
    3. If you can see it on your network than that means that there's an issue in your display chain specifically
    4. If you can't check it that way, see if the Xbox App can detect your Xbox on the network
    Do controllers wired to the Xbox One X power on and light up properly? This is another way to check and see if it's a display issue, or if the XBox One X isn't even booting properly

Hopefully one of the items listed above will help us get closer to the source of your problem 🙂
  3. Viper7Gamer Win User

If you have a High Speed 4K HDMI cable. What is the longest it can be for Xbox 1X?

I had a 50 foot HDMI 2.0 braided one for my Xbox One X and it worked fine in 4K HDR.
  4. elnetosabe Win User

1440p 120Hz Support?

Does your monitor have HDMI 2.0?. Any less then that it wont work with the xbox one S or X.
  5. Mister Andreas Win User

xbox one x can't do 4k but xbox one s can

I had this exact problem, which perplexed me for some time.

I blame the HDMI driver chip. In the Xbox One X, it seems to be much weaker than in the One S. I have both consoles, each feeding LG OLED TVs.

While the One S works fine in 4K without about any HDMI cable, the One X is **VERY PICKY**.

You need a very-high-quality HDMI cable to ensure adequate signal integrity with the Xbox One X.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

HDR Flickering Screen Tearing Xbox One X on LG OLED E9

Hi DizzleD,

Thank you for the update. I think LG support is actually correct with that statement and I think that's the reason why HDR is not working properly with those specific displays. The Xbox One X supports HDMI 2.0b as seen on the Xbox One X page under the tech
    specs (https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one-x). HDMI 2.1 is fairly new but I'm sure Microsoft's Xbox team is working on a firmware update for the Xbox One X and for sure with
    the next generation console to keep up with all of these improvements TV manufactures are doing with HDMI 2.1 on their displays.

Unfortunately we'll need to wait for a firmware update or an announcement that this improvement is coming in the near future.
Thema:

1. HDMI Not working Xbox One X - Similar Threads - HDMI working

2. My xbox one is not working for HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one is not working for HDMI: Hello, I have tried re starting the console, unplugging cords, settings on xbox and tv. Still I have only 680 available? Thank you in advance, Chase 9e7ba53b-eb59-48db-88d3-7a394b0223bc
  3. My Hdmi Port No Longer Works How Much Would It Cost To Have It Replaced By Xbox Or Gamestop Ect

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Hdmi Port No Longer Works How Much Would It Cost To Have It Replaced By Xbox Or Gamestop Ect: My Hdmi Was Keeping Getting Loose And Then The Port Went Out 41d66db5-64a2-4834-81d3-082697177dd0
  4. Playing a dvd in xboxone and audio quit. Tv audio works fine. Changed hdmi cable and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing a dvd in xboxone and audio quit. Tv audio works fine. Changed hdmi cable and...: I was playing a dvd with the xboxone which is connected to my t v by an hdmi cable- no cable or sat tv. The audio quit. I changed the hdmi cable to see if that was it and still no audio. The tv...
  5. Would an optical audio cable to hdmi work for xbox to tv?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Would an optical audio cable to hdmi work for xbox to tv?: My hdmi port on my xbox one stopped working and I cant really get it fixed right now. Is there any way a optical audio to hdmi adapter would work for audio and video from my xbox to tv (connecting...
  6. xbox one x hdmi port not working reference needed for repair ????

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one x hdmi port not working reference needed for repair ????: hi I've had the HDMI port fail I've tried all steps and tried the Xbox with different TV's and hd leads but no luck now I've been told to return it to Argos as its to do with them but Argos said...
  7. XBox HDMI output only works at 640p

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox HDMI output only works at 640p: A couple days after Christmas my XBox output suddenly stopped working normally. The screen was fuzzy and distorted, with after images, etc. By the end of the day, it had stopped working...
  8. console works, can game stream, but no hdmi out

in XBoX on Consoles
    console works, can game stream, but no hdmi out: tried hard resetting tried booting in low res mode, tried changing the resolution using game streaming, nothing fixes it. the HDMI out on my x1x has stopped working. again, I can access all the...
  9. HDMI cable is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI cable is not working: I just bought a brand new xbox one s; the hdmi cable that came with it is not working. How can I get a replacement from microsoft? 45fb1f98-ab29-41af-b3c2-8f98685f2a2a
  10. i have an Xbox one x special NBA 2k20 bundle and the HDMI cord doesn't work

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have an Xbox one x special NBA 2k20 bundle and the HDMI cord doesn't work: i have used the hdmi cord only like a few times and i even packed it how i bought it and it has stopped working ? what should i do 2cb049a7-cd2b-445c-a27f-b41b5b498c07