HDMI Output To TV Is Broken

Discus and support HDMI Output To TV Is Broken in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One X that I've been using for a few months now. Two days ago when I turn it on my TV says "No connection". I made sure I was on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Wolfpacker21, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Wolfpacker21
    Wolfpacker21 Guest

I have an Xbox One X that I've been using for a few months now. Two days ago when I turn it on my TV says "No connection". I made sure I was on the right input and I was. I plugged it into another TV and the same thing happened. I have checked the HDMI cables
    and ports on both TVs with things besides my Xbox and they all work fine. So that has narrowed it down to being an Xbox issue.

I was using a non-Microsoft HDMI cable when it broke, but I have since been using the cable that came with the console. That hasn't fixed it.

I did some sort of display reset on the Xbox which brought my resolution back to 640x480, but at least I can see the interface now. Whenever I try to switch it to 1080p or 4K (My TV does support 4K), it just goes to the "No connection" screen for a few seconds
    then comes back in 640x480 with an error message saying "That didn't work".

I have tried changing all the video modes and everything else that the Xbox Help menu gives me but to no avail. Is this a hardware issue that needs to be sent in to fix?

:)

Wolfpacker21, Sep 28, 2019
  2. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  3. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello Wholesale639,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. In regards to this video issue with the Xbox One X, it would seem that your Xbox console needs to be sent in for repair. As you stated before, you have tried to plug it into two TV's and multiple HDMI ports and have
    tried a different cable, this would conclude that it might be the HDMI port to the TV on the Xbox that could be having an issue. If you would like to send it in for repair, you can do so by either going to the
    Devices Website or you can
    Contact Xbox Support for further assistance.

If you are under the one year warranty still for the console there will not be a charge for the repair. If you are no longer under the one year warranty for the console there will be a fee to send in your console to be repaired.

If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
  4. Mesecur Win User

Blue lines on the screen xbox one s

This looks like an HDMI or TV issues to me. Could be that the HDMI cable or the HDMI port on either xbox or tv are broken. You could also try pulling the plug from your tv for several minutes. (Works for me when I have no hdmi output at all. Electricity
    is a weird thing ;) )

As suggested by other people: Try the HDMI cable on other devices, try the xbox on another screen or connect a different device to the same HDMI slot in the tv. (Have you also tried simply reconnecting the cable? Could be it's a bit loose.)
  5. fredgiblet Win User

No video signal from Xbox 360

Do you have a TV you can plug the Composite or HDMI cables into? If the HDMI doesn't work then your console may be toast, when you try the composite you'll need to reset the video settings with the steps here to get it back to 480 (support.xbox.com/.../image-on-your-tv-is-unclear),
    if composite doesn't work but the HDMI does then the main video output is probably broken.
  6. BlurOfBlaze Win User

New user needs some help

Make sure the HDMI cable is plugged into the HDMI output of your TV and your Xbox. Also if your using your original TV controller there should be a Input/Output button to quickly switch between different outputs such as HD1 HD2 Etc. if there's no button
    for that there may be a button that says "Source" that would work too.
Thema:

1. HDMI Output To TV Is Broken - Similar Threads - HDMI Output Broken

2. no output to screen anymore!!!!!!!!! HDMI works anymore!!! HELP PLEASE

in XBoX on Consoles
    no output to screen anymore!!!!!!!!! HDMI works anymore!!! HELP PLEASE: Hi my HDMI output dont work anymore from my xbox one to my tv.... no signal.... who can help me please 02e2a751-96bf-428e-907f-d746e60c199b
  3. Xbox One Hdmi Ausgang wahrscheinlich defekt. [Translate] Xbox One Hdmi output likely defective.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Hdmi Ausgang wahrscheinlich defekt. [Translate] Xbox One Hdmi output likely defective.: Meine Xbox one zeigt kein Bild mehr an. Beim anmachen kommt zwischendurch ein kurzer Signal zum Fernsehen doch das Bild ist völlig verzogen und bleibt nur immer für ein paar Sekunden. Ich hatte...
  4. No HDMI Output...AGAIN!!!??!?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    No HDMI Output...AGAIN!!!??!?!: Starting to drive me nuts this is....so a bit of background, went to play my xbox one x on Christmas Eve with my son, no HDMI output, tried all the troubleshooting, different TV, leads etc. and...
  5. Turn off HDMI output while streaming to Windows 10?

in XBoX on Windows
    Turn off HDMI output while streaming to Windows 10?: Hello. I'm trying out streaming for the first time, and I'd like the option of switching between that and HDMI output. My issue is that I don't want both at the same time, since there's no point...
  6. Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX): Hello Xbox support, I've posted this on Reddit already, but after a chat with Xbox support I'm posting this here. The reference from the chat was 1449985394: I just bought the Plantronics RIG...
  7. Hdmi output port not working properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hdmi output port not working properly: I was just wondering my Xbox one s hdmi output port is not working properly so I'm not able to play I was wondering if it's covered by the warranty or not it's very frustrating in know it's still...
  8. Console no hdmi output

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console no hdmi output: I purchased a new x box one on 06/12/2018 . Today it has stopped working (no output from hdmi port to television ) . What can I do . Is it still under warranty as I've been told...
  9. Lacking dedicated hdmi sound output on xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lacking dedicated hdmi sound output on xbox one x: Hi Regarding the lack of a dedicated hdmi sound output on xbox one x. I would really love to be able to disable the live tv hdmi in in via menu and be able to reasign it as sound out. As i...
  10. I think my hdmi output is broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    I think my hdmi output is broken: My xbox can turn on just fine and my tv and hdmi cords are all fine. I think that the place where you plug the hdmi cord is broken (refer to photo), is there a way to fix it? Help a helpless teen...