HDMI to DVI cable

Discus and support HDMI to DVI cable in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have an older "HD" television that does not have an HDMI connector on the back. It does however have a DVI. I have seen adapters that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by vuotto-A5A2455B-5FCF-4FBC-AE24-BA30BBDE8678, Jan 24, 2014.

1. HDMI to DVI cable

Hello, I have an older "HD" television that does not have an HDMI connector on the back. It does however have a DVI. I have seen adapters that convert hdmi to DVI and cables with one HDMI end and one DVI end. If I use this will I be able to use the Xbox
    in HD ? Has anyone tried this before?

Thanks,

Brian

:)

vuotto-A5A2455B-5FCF-4FBC-AE24-BA30BBDE8678, Jan 24, 2014
  2. TokyoRose00
    TokyoRose00 Guest
    How can I use Xbox 360 on MY PC Monitor? (Please Read ALL)

If your xbox has hdmi the get a dvi to hdmi cable or dvi to hdmi converter.

TokyoRose00, Jan 24, 2014
  3. Will Xbox One be compatible with A/V cables?

If your monitor has DVI you can get a hdmi to DVI cable

Peter van Rijswijk, Jan 24, 2014
  4. TokyoRose00 Win User

How can I use Xbox 360 on MY PC Monitor? (Please Read ALL)

If your xbox has hdmi the get a dvi to hdmi cable or dvi to hdmi converter.
  5. Peter van Rijswijk Win User

Will Xbox One be compatible with A/V cables?

If your monitor has DVI you can get a hdmi to DVI cable
  6. Frathos Win User

Connection Xbox one

If your monitor has DVI inputs then an alternative might be to buy a HDMI to DVI cable.
  7. IceStorm III Win User

DVI-D Monitor won't recognize Xbox 360?

DVI-D is digital only. The port needs to be DVI-I for an unpowered VGA to DVI adapter to function.

Try an HDMI to DVI cable. That should work.
  8. IceStorm III Win User

Connecting to a computer flat screen instead of a television screen

If the monitor supports HDMI, use an HDMI cable. If not, use an HDMI to DVI cable.

If the monitor only supports VGA, use the AV port VGA cable.
Thema:

HDMI to DVI cable

1. HDMI to DVI cable - Similar Threads - HDMI DVI cable

2. Hdmi to DVI-D

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hdmi to DVI-D: Hey everyone looking to buy an xbox one x today and I have an Asus vg238qe for a monitor it supports 144hz but unfortunately only through displayport or DVI-D. Does anyone know that if I buy an...
  3. HDMI to DVI not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI to DVI not working: HI everyone. I'm trying to connect my Xbox to a 1440p DVI monitor via HDMI to DVI. When I plug it in I get multiple pictures of my Xbox on the screen and its green and blurry with lines through...
  4. No picture on direct HDMI connect, DVI detected on Display Discovery, HDCP fails

in XBoX on Consoles
    No picture on direct HDMI connect, DVI detected on Display Discovery, HDCP fails: Seven year old setup: "S" console with Kinect and HD DVD external drive. HDMI connected directly to Panasonic Viera P54G25. TosLink to a Sony V333ES receiver. Life was good for seven years....
  5. Hdmi and Dvi problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hdmi and Dvi problems: This is my first time making a post so sorry if this isn't in the right forums. I have a seiki tv and 3 HDMI ports on the back. When I have the HDMI setting selected on my xbox, the picture is...
  6. Xbox One S HDMI to DVI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S HDMI to DVI: Im planning to purchase a Xbox One S and play it on a 19" monitor with a resolution of 1440x900, these are the specs (Gateway HD1900 Series Specs). Im planning to connecting them using a HDMI...
  7. No Sound out through HDMI when using DVI setting

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Sound out through HDMI when using DVI setting: The latest update has stopped the sound going through the hdmi cable when using the dvi output setting, This worked before, the reason I and others need this is the cable first goes into a...
  8. DVI to HDMI Adapter for Monitor was working, but now isn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    DVI to HDMI Adapter for Monitor was working, but now isn't...: Hey all, So I've been using an HDMI to DVI adapter since December 2015 to play my Xbox One on my Dell Monitor, and it's been working great until this past week when my monitor no longer detected...
  9. HDMI-DVI-D CABLE QUESTION!

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-DVI-D CABLE QUESTION!: Hello, I'm buying a xbox one soon, and my monitor im going to use it on has a broken HDMI port. So it has a dvi-d port that i can use. So im wondering if i can use to the HDMI-DVI-d connector to...
  10. Resolution works on DVI but not on HDMI.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Resolution works on DVI but not on HDMI.: Hello, I tried hooking my Xbox One to a newer TV. When I connect with an HDMI cable, the resolution expands too far horizontally on 1080p or 720p, but on 640 x 480 it's too short vertically and...