Hdmi to DVI-D

Discus and support Hdmi to DVI-D in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey everyone looking to buy an xbox one x today and I have an Asus vg238qe for a monitor it supports 144hz but unfortunately only through displayport... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VeNoM G, May 10, 2019.

1. VeNoM G
    VeNoM G Guest

Hdmi to DVI-D

Hey everyone looking to buy an xbox one x today and I have an Asus vg238qe for a monitor it supports 144hz but unfortunately only through displayport or DVI-D. Does anyone know that if I buy an HDMI to DVI-D adapter will it work for the 120hz option on xbox?
    Not concerned about sound as I use astros and have it the optical cable. Also will it cause input lag?

Any feedback is great, thanks in advance!

:)

VeNoM G, May 10, 2019
  2. SprintR HUN Win User

No picture and sound with HDMI.

I connect it directly to the TV with hdmi.

If I use it with my monitor, i plug in a HDMI to DVI-D converter and DVI-D to my monitor.

I tried it with different hdmi cables, still not working.
  3. IceStorm III Win User

DVI-D Monitor won't recognize Xbox 360?

DVI-D is digital only. The port needs to be DVI-I for an unpowered VGA to DVI adapter to function.

Try an HDMI to DVI cable. That should work.
  4. SojerManLanLIVE Win User

Hdmi to DVI-D

Hi,

You can use a HDMI-DVI adapter, but it is not supported and may cause unexpected problems.

Cheers.
  5. ooO StAsH Ooo Win User

Hdmi to DVI-D

Hi,

The HDMI to DVI-D will work fine with the Xbox one X. Due to your monitor being 144hz even if you don't select 120hz you will still be able to run 60hz without any major input lag. The quality of the adapter you're using may affect the overall output so a good
    quality cable may also help.

Happy Gaming!
  6. XA_Triumvirate00 Win User

Hdmi to DVI-D

Hey there!

I think I actually had the same Asus monitor a while back before upgrading to one of their newer 4k monitors. Back then I was just running a simple DVI to HDMI cable from my X1 to my monitor and it worked like a dream. Similar set up to you too, I just had
    my Razer headset running sound from my controller adapter. Input lag shouldn't be an issue, just don't cheap out on the cable, instead buy a decent high quality cable that'll last you longer than the monitor will. Do that and you should be fine.

Hope this helps!
Thema:

Hdmi to DVI-D

1. Hdmi to DVI-D - Similar Threads - Hdmi DVI

2. HDMI to DVI not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI to DVI not working: HI everyone. I'm trying to connect my Xbox to a 1440p DVI monitor via HDMI to DVI. When I plug it in I get multiple pictures of my Xbox on the screen and its green and blurry with lines through...
  3. No picture on direct HDMI connect, DVI detected on Display Discovery, HDCP fails

in XBoX on Consoles
    No picture on direct HDMI connect, DVI detected on Display Discovery, HDCP fails: Seven year old setup: "S" console with Kinect and HD DVD external drive. HDMI connected directly to Panasonic Viera P54G25. TosLink to a Sony V333ES receiver. Life was good for seven years....
  4. Hdmi and Dvi problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hdmi and Dvi problems: This is my first time making a post so sorry if this isn't in the right forums. I have a seiki tv and 3 HDMI ports on the back. When I have the HDMI setting selected on my xbox, the picture is...
  5. Xbox One S HDMI to DVI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S HDMI to DVI: Im planning to purchase a Xbox One S and play it on a 19" monitor with a resolution of 1440x900, these are the specs (Gateway HD1900 Series Specs). Im planning to connecting them using a HDMI...
  6. No Sound out through HDMI when using DVI setting

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Sound out through HDMI when using DVI setting: The latest update has stopped the sound going through the hdmi cable when using the dvi output setting, This worked before, the reason I and others need this is the cable first goes into a...
  7. DVI to HDMI Adapter for Monitor was working, but now isn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    DVI to HDMI Adapter for Monitor was working, but now isn't...: Hey all, So I've been using an HDMI to DVI adapter since December 2015 to play my Xbox One on my Dell Monitor, and it's been working great until this past week when my monitor no longer detected...
  8. HDMI-DVI-D CABLE QUESTION!

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-DVI-D CABLE QUESTION!: Hello, I'm buying a xbox one soon, and my monitor im going to use it on has a broken HDMI port. So it has a dvi-d port that i can use. So im wondering if i can use to the HDMI-DVI-d connector to...
  9. Resolution works on DVI but not on HDMI.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Resolution works on DVI but not on HDMI.: Hello, I tried hooking my Xbox One to a newer TV. When I connect with an HDMI cable, the resolution expands too far horizontally on 1080p or 720p, but on 640 x 480 it's too short vertically and...
  10. Help Linking a 360 to a HDTV with NO HDMI Input (Has DVI)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help Linking a 360 to a HDTV with NO HDMI Input (Has DVI): Hi all, Apologies if i'm in the wrong section. Basically as the title suggests. I'm trying to hook my brothers xbox 360 up for him to a HD tv that he bought in 2007(ish) which DOES NOT have a...