HDR Broken on old Dashboard

Discus and support HDR Broken on old Dashboard in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm on the latest Skip Ahead Alpha OS, but in the current dashboard rather than the new preview one and HDR no longer works. If I check my video... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/OBiW4NSHiNOBi, Sep 9, 2019.

1. HDR Broken on old Dashboard

I'm on the latest Skip Ahead Alpha OS, but in the current dashboard rather than the new preview one and HDR no longer works.

If I check my video calibration settings it shows that my TV supports HDR / Dolby Vision however games no longer trigger HDR modes.

If I launch Forza Horizon 4 for example, previously my LG C7 would switch into HDR, however that's no longer the case, and the in-game HDR settings are unavailable, with they message "No HDR Display Detected".

I've seen the issue mentioned here, but the reports I saw said it was affecting the new dashboard, and I saw no mention of it on the old dashboard.

I've done a full shutdown / restart but the problem still persists.

Reported via console.

XB1X Project Scorpio Ed on an LG C7

Edit: typo

submitted by /u/OBiW4NSHiNOBi
    [link] [comments]

/u/OBiW4NSHiNOBi, Sep 9, 2019
  2. Ronchan411 Win User

Media Player green screen when playing 4K videos

I do not think it is HDR. The videos are from a (2 year old) Panasonic LX100 and from my iphone 6s+. I do not think that they have HDR. My TV is also 2 years old, so it should not have HDR too. The Batman v. Superman UHD BD worked well BTW.
  3. El256k Win User

Xbox One Preview Invites Check and Post Here

i'm one of those affected with the HDR problem and i cant test the new dashboard :(((

Can anyone send me an invite, please? i need to see if the HDR has been fixed already on LG OLED 55B6P/V
  4. TheDecn Win User

Netflix: No UHD on XBOX One S

I can verify this issue...Netflix UHD does not work on Xbox One S. I have a Vizio M55-D0 with the latest firmware enabling HD10 support. My TV is now recognized by the One S video settings as 4K HDR capable. I am able to enable HDR support and it works beautifully
    with the Blu-Ray app (Mad Max 4K Blu Ray playing 4K, 24fps, HDR as verified by the Vizio settings app). However when I start Netflix, the screen flashes, colors mute, and video fails to switch to HDR or 24fps. Netflix app is clearly broken right now for HDR.
    If I switch HDR off on the One S, Netflix app is fine, plays 4K correctly, colors are fine obviously no HDR.
  5. HAMI210 Win User

Xbox One S HDR washed out

I am having this issue both for Netflix and UHD HDR blu rays. I just got a Sony XBR55x850D which
    does support HDR. I have properly configured the HDMI ports to pass 4k. Also when checking the TV's capabilities within the Xbox settings, I have green checkmarks for each 4k category.

I will open up Netflix, and the initial white background and red font will show up. Then as the program loads, the HDMI will cut out for a second as I'm assuming the HDR is kicking in (when it shouldn't be) and the colors look faded and and terrible. If
    I go back to the dashboard and quit the app, the HDMI cuts out for another second to disengage the HDR and viola, the picture looks great again.

A similar issue is having when trying to watch UHD Blu Rays (Sausage Party). The initial load screens occur, then the HDMI cut out then a faded terrible looking picture. This happened consistently with the player.

The very strange thing is that sometimes the Netflix app will open per normal switch to HDR and look just fine. There is no pattern, just insanely maddening randomness.

If I disable HDR, then there are no issues.

Simply put, HDR on Xbox One S is broken and Microsoft needs to fix it. This is not a TV issue.
  6. Red264 Win User

The Xbox One S 4K Blu-Ray Player Is A Disaster...Good Job!!

There are a number of AV issues with the Xbox One S/X and UHD Blu-ray playback, your guess is as good as mine if they will be fixed.

Certain UHD titles are broken and will not play.

Dolby Atmos is unreliable.

4K AV receiver HDMI handshaking issues.

Image quality issues, the wrong color matrix being used in Blu-ray playback (see review comparison

in link
    ).

They could have broken something on the One S in their rush to fix the broken Blu-ray HDR on the One X with the 10.0.16299.4037 that includes said HDR fix.
Thema:

HDR Broken on old Dashboard

1. HDR Broken on old Dashboard - Similar Threads - HDR Broken old

2. xbox one not recognising HDR

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one not recognising HDR: i own a xbox one x and a sony kdl 43we750 a full hd tv capable of doing HDR. the cables i use are the ones provided with the xbox, i used different cables, i checked all my settings which are...
  3. HDR on/off per title setting

in XboX Insiders
    HDR on/off per title setting: Its well known not all games using HDR look their best while doing so and sometimes depending on tv/ monitor some look better on SDR so an option per title to toggle using or not HDR (instead of...
  4. HDR still flaky after 13th September Alpha Skip Ahead update.

in XboX Insiders
    HDR still flaky after 13th September Alpha Skip Ahead update.: Having to do continual cold reboots to get my X to correctly recognise my 4k HDR TV. Not fortunate enough to be in the 50% with the new dash so not sure if it affects both versions but this is...
  5. Xbox Movie Buy/Rentals Audio Format issue , 4K UHD HDR movies need "DOLBY ATMOS" on XBOX

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Movie Buy/Rentals Audio Format issue , 4K UHD HDR movies need "DOLBY ATMOS" on XBOX: Hello Xbox / Microsoft . When Renting movies on Xbox the Audio format for ALL movies should be clearly marked for each Resolution. When looking around a movies page on Xbox I Can Not find...
  6. HDR problem

in XboX Insiders
    HDR problem: Anyone else experiencing this issue with their Xbox One X: Any game and movie that supports HDR starts up and the screen is so dark that I have to go into the tv setting and turn off HDR and then...
  7. Alpha Skip Ahead - No HDR

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Skip Ahead - No HDR: Anyone experiencing an issue where games won’t play in HDR? I have checked the Display settings and it says HDR is limited and games won’t support it. My 4KTV has HDR10 Plus support and I’ve never...
  8. Netflix App STILL BROKEN on Xbox One - HDR Problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix App STILL BROKEN on Xbox One - HDR Problems: Xbox STILL doesn't work properly on Xbox One (X in my case) - HDR is on 100% of the time regardless of what's being viewed. It's absolutely this app and this app only. All other games/apps work...
  9. HDR games broken, psychadelic display on xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR games broken, psychadelic display on xbox one x: I've been using my new xbox one x for 11 days, playing Call of Duty II on new UHD HDR TV with no problem. This morning, when I started COD, the screen distorted into psychadelic colors like a bad...
  10. Video Through Receiver Broken After the Big Update | One S 4k HDR

in XBoX on Consoles
    Video Through Receiver Broken After the Big Update | One S 4k HDR: Hoping this is the right forum, but wanted to make support team aware that the recent console update messed up the video feed when using a Marantz SR7010 (as well as other Marantz receivers...