HDR Bug with Halo Infinite tech preview on a Series X with LG CX

Discus and support HDR Bug with Halo Infinite tech preview on a Series X with LG CX in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; With HDR turned on in the console system settings allowing for HDR to be active, when I played today during the infinite preview my LG CX would... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/NJDevil66, Sep 25, 2021.

1. /u/NJDevil66
    /u/NJDevil66 Guest

With HDR turned on in the console system settings allowing for HDR to be active, when I played today during the infinite preview my LG CX would continuously reset the screen, as if something made it go to SDR then immediately back to HDR, but there is a period of about 1-3 seconds of a black screen where I lose all visual input from the game.

Is this happening to anyone else on other HDR displays inside of the Infinite preview?

Disabling HDR at the system level stopped the constant black screen pop ups but obviously long term I want HDR on my HDR display to work correctly.

submitted by /u/NJDevil66
    [link] [comments]

/u/NJDevil66, Sep 25, 2021
  2. MCD028
    MCD028 New Member
    I'm having the same issue, but on Xbox One X.

Xbox settings being used:
    4K UHD, 60Hz
    HDR10 enabled

Disabling HDR10 on the console fixes the issue, but won't experience the full potential of the TV or the games' visuals. I bought the TV specifically for enjoying HDR content, especially Halo. However, "Instant Game Response" also enables at random intervals. E.g. every 15-30mins. The screen goes black for 2-3secs then returns back to game.

MCD028, Dec 9, 2021
  3. annix Win User

What do you play on?

Right now I’m on a 42 inch Samsung QLED 4K HDR set, but before the Series X is out I’m planning on upgrading to the LG C9 or CX in 65 inch. I need that HDMI 2.1 120hz OLED goodness in my life.
  4. Guzzisan Win User

Xbox Series X audio stutter

Similar issue for me. Have xbox series x connected to lg cx and cx connected via e-arc to tsr-700 receiver and 5.1.2 system. Even booting up the console the audio cuts in and out/ stutters! Tried watching some uhd blu rays and same issue. It comes and
    goes, not constant, but very frustrating
  5. EricCarpenter3 Win User

OLED77CXPUA, XBOX ONE X, and Dolby Vision

I figured it out just in case if anyone has this issue with any LG CX and maybe GX model. If your Xbox is saying Dolby Vision is not supported on your CX. Go into the settings and Turn off AMD Freesync in the TV settings. This setting comes turned
    on by default and make the XBOX say your TV does not support Dolby Vision.
    I came here looking for an answer to this, but it can’t be to turn off AMD Freesync. Thats a headline feature of using the CX with a XBox One S or X (or the series X coming out).
  6. rektaf Win User

Xbox one x or Xbox serrie x

I can't wait for Series X and Halo: Infinite!
  7. Scattered3 Win User

4k tv for xbox one s suggestions?

LG CX or Samsung Q80 or above. :)
Thema:

1. HDR Bug with Halo Infinite tech preview on a Series X with LG CX - Similar Threads - HDR Bug Halo

2. Xbox Series X 4K HDR blu-ray to SDR bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X 4K HDR blu-ray to SDR bug: Hello everyone, here is my problem : I am the proud owner of an Xbox Series X. I have an old Sony Kdl 32HX755 television that does 1080p with no hdr, no dolby vision, and etc. I bought the...
  3. Xbox series x gpu failure or hdr bug?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x gpu failure or hdr bug?: Hello! Everytime i turn on hdr option i have this artifacts (mostly on EA games with Frosbite engine). If i turn off hdr games work without any problem. Is it gpu starting to failing, or any Kind...
  4. Xbox Series X + LG CX suddenly HDR Bug?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X + LG CX suddenly HDR Bug?: This morning everything was still normal. Since this afternoon, there is a gray veil over the image for every game. It is clearly darker. In the Xbox Dashboard the colors are correct. If I turn...
  5. HDR —- RELATED —- BUG

in XboX Insiders
    HDR —- RELATED —- BUG: Recently when I play cod mw/warzone HDR sometimes disables midway or just doesn’t enable from the start. Other times it’s fine. I’m not sure if it’s a cod or Xbox issue but is there any...
  6. 4K HDR Video Captures from games with AUTO HDR bugged.

in XBoX on Consoles
    4K HDR Video Captures from games with AUTO HDR bugged.: Hi, if you selected to record your video captures in 4k HDR, you are not able to edit footage from Games with AUTO HDR. The problem is, if you try to trim a 4K HDR Video, the editor tool won't...
  7. Any word on when 120hz / VRR / HDR bug will be patched?

in XboX Insiders
    Any word on when 120hz / VRR / HDR bug will be patched?: I'm having to either turn off VRR when playing at 120hz or turn it on and be stuck at 60hz... If I try playing ori or gears of war 5 at 120hz with VRR on it will cause the tv to say there's "no...
  8. A possible sound bug while listening music due to switching into HDR?

in XboX Insiders
    A possible sound bug while listening music due to switching into HDR?: I don't usually play games while listening to Spotify on the console, so this might not be new at all but I was wondering: Is it normal a 'hiccup'/pause in the sound while switching from SDR to...
  9. HDR/Low Latency bug?

in XboX Insiders
    HDR/Low Latency bug?: I'm on the latest Insider software (Xbox One X), and I was wondering if there are any know HDR/Low Latency ('Game Mode') bugs? Why I'm asking: for a couple of weeks now my Xbox has been acting up...
  10. Bug when quitting HDR content.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bug when quitting HDR content.: I dont know if this is something that is a known issue or my X is bad. But whenever I quit a game that uses HDR, my X will freeze up or shut down on its own. I have had it for a month and it only...