Hdr calibration app for a9g oled seems to be completely wrong!

Discus and support Hdr calibration app for a9g oled seems to be completely wrong! in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; If I follow the on screen instructions for hdr calibration on the Sony a9g oled the picture gets at full contrast witch is not what hdr means to be. So... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/RJuste, Nov 22, 2020 at 7:42 PM.

1. /u/RJuste
    /u/RJuste Guest

If I follow the on screen instructions for hdr calibration on the Sony a9g oled the picture gets at full contrast witch is not what hdr means to be. So I decided to search for the best setting and I’ve found that going completely wrong gives a far better picture at least for oled a9g. So first option goes completely to the right 2nd option full left and 3rd full left as well. I don’t know what’s the deal with this tool but it seems to give me more problems than ease of mind. I Olson don’t know if it works for led tvs since I don’t own one.

submitted by /u/RJuste
    [link] [comments]

2. Red264 Win User

Looking for a TV for 4K HDR Gaming on the Xbox One X?

Go with the OLED, the Samsung is nothing more than a fancy LCD but it still has all the flaws of LCD technology.

OLED HDR blows away everything else on the market, they cannot compete against it.

Tip: On LG OLED in HDR game mode set HDR dynamic contrast to low to make it appear a bit brighter.
  3. Simple OJ Win User

Monitors and tv

4k 50inch TV is the minimum, with HDR support and OLED
  4. MindOfTim Win User

My Xbox one X will no longer allow me to record in 4k or 4k HDR

My tv is a 55" OLED 4k HDR tv (I did say in the past it has recorded in 4k and that the tv is running in 4k HDR)
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

TV calibration for HDR

If you want to calibrate your TV, i suggest the Spears and Munsil 4k disc you can find on Amazon. None of these built in tools are really for that.
  6. crazydude1965 Win User

What is the best Smart TV 4k UHD or Premium UHD for gaming (Xbox One X & PS4- PRO) to get on Black Friday 2019?

I would recomend lg sony oled tvs supporting latest hdr including dolby vision
Thema:

1. Hdr calibration app for a9g oled seems to be completely wrong! - Similar Threads - Hdr calibration app

2. XBOX Series X - HDR Calibration Tool Suggestion

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X - HDR Calibration Tool Suggestion: A suggestion for the XBOX team: Can the Color calibration bars from the TV Calibration tool be added to the HDR Calibration tool as well? My LG OLED seems to be using a weird tonemapping for HDR...
  3. Skip and Alpha testers on Series X, is HDR Calibration app also returning black level to...

in XboX Insiders
    Skip and Alpha testers on Series X, is HDR Calibration app also returning black level to...: Just noticed this today and I'm running the public build right now. After restarting Xbox Series X, if I go to the HDR Calibration app, the black level isn't as I configured before. The app is...
  4. HDR Game Calibration app doesn't work anymore and simply crashes, what now?

in XboX Insiders
    HDR Game Calibration app doesn't work anymore and simply crashes, what now?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Retro_Edge [link] [comments]
  5. HDR calibration tool won't open with Samsung Q90T

in XboX Insiders
    HDR calibration tool won't open with Samsung Q90T: Hey guys, I just got a new Q90T, and I'm trying to run the HDR calibration tool, but it just won't open. Every time I try it just kicks back to the dashboard. I've tried all different settings on...
  6. HDR Calibration Tool is messing with my Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR Calibration Tool is messing with my Xbox One X: Ever since the HDR Calibration Tool was added to my Xbox One X a few weeks back, after I play a game that is HDR enabled, when I go back to my dashboard, it's as if the brightness and contrast was...
  7. HDR calibration and Dynamic Tone Mapping

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR calibration and Dynamic Tone Mapping: Hello, I would like to know whether I should turn Dynamic Tone Mapping off when I calibrate HDR in the Xbox One X General TV & display options. 340f9349-fb50-49ac-8c88-7fff08c57f29
  8. HDR Calibration Application doesnt seem to work they way it was intended.

in XboX Insiders
    HDR Calibration Application doesnt seem to work they way it was intended.: I will start with my setup which is a 32" 2K HDR samsung display with an xbox series X. It requests that you turn off your sharpness on the monitor so I put it to 0 as no option to actually...
  9. New HDR Game Calibration App accuracy

in XboX Insiders
    New HDR Game Calibration App accuracy: I’ve been messing around with this new app and I’m unsure if I should be calibrating with HGIG ( I know not all games are “supported” by this yet) as this app is inspired by it or should I be...
  10. New HDR Game Calibration app on Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    New HDR Game Calibration app on Xbox: The new HDR Game Calibration app is great. The previous way of adjusting your tv/monitor picture and colour settings constantly never worked for me. The screen would always end up too dark. The...