HDR Confusion.

Discus and support HDR Confusion. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I noticed something recently concerning my games that support HDR, even though it says HDR is supported HDR wont kick in. At first I thought... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DeadlyChaser22, Sep 24, 2020.

1. HDR Confusion.

Hello, I noticed something recently concerning my games that support HDR, even though it says HDR is supported HDR wont kick in. At first I thought that my TV just didn't meet the requirements but when I played another game it had HDR. Am I doing something
    wrong or is it just my xbox?

:)

DeadlyChaser22, Sep 24, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

HDR Confusion.

Hi,

What TV do you have? (make and model please). Thanks.

Note for HDR to kick in the game has to have HDR support and your TV needs to have HDR enabled and set to 'Auto'. Plus, you need to insure your console is connected to an HDMI port that supports HDR. Not all TV's have HDR on every HDMI port.

Apologies if you knew that already, but if you can provide us with your TV model that well help us. Thanks.
  3. DeadlyChaser22 Win User

HDR Confusion.

Its a Hisense Roku TV R7 series.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

1080P HDR support

Hi,

Only the Xbox One S and the One X support HDR. HDR isn't linked to resolution, so, technically, HDR can work at 1080P. However, in the interest of not confusing consumers, Microsoft have locked HDR to 4K displays only, which is mostly industry standard
    anyway. I'm pretty sure even 1440P doesn't support HDR on One S or One X either.
  5. Mr Crynox Win User

1080P HDR support

Hi,

Only the Xbox One S and the One X support HDR. HDR isn't linked to resolution, so, technically, HDR can work at 1080P. However, in the interest of not confusing consumers, Microsoft have locked HDR to 4K displays only, which is mostly industry standard
    anyway. I'm pretty sure even 1440P doesn't support HDR on One S or One X either.
    I understand that HDR is not related to resolution and that most 1080P displays that do support it are less common that 4K displays, but there are definitely models that do, mine included.

I can play PS4 games on 1080P with HDR but not XB1 games.. I don't understand why MS isn't supporting HDR alongside 1080P ?
  6. DiscoNinja07 Win User

Samsung HDR tv

SAMSUNG UE40KU6470 Smart 4k Ultra HD HDR 40" LED TV. Thanks for responding guys I copied and pasted the model from pc world website. I tried my 4K Sony Bravia with the slim but HDR didn't work but it doesn't say it has HDR in description,but apparently can
    add this with an update but as I said HDR didn't show as ticked in the slim settings,I'm confused with it all because there is more expensive Samsung TVs with HDR 1000 I don't know what that is ,I don't really want bigger than 40 inch either because of room
    size
Thema:

HDR Confusion.

1. HDR Confusion. - Similar Threads - HDR Confusion

2. Will the Xbox have a future update that includes the 4K HDR UI like the playstation

in XboX Insiders
    Will the Xbox have a future update that includes the 4K HDR UI like the playstation: Hey guys, I was looking at the ps5 UI in native 4k and it looks so awesome. Will the Xbox also be able to run in native 4K? I saw that the current Xbox UI is only in 1080p. I hope the 4K HDR is...
  3. Xbox Series Auto HDR over Remote Play?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series Auto HDR over Remote Play?: Current remote play doesn't support HDR. I've pre-ordered the XSX, but I play primarily over remote play to my laptop while my wife and I are watching TV together. I'm somewhat curious if I'm...
  4. XBOX One games with HDR will not launch when connected to LG NanoCell TV

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX One games with HDR will not launch when connected to LG NanoCell TV: I have an LG NanoCell 4K TV and even though the TV will play 4K discs via my XBOX Blu-Ray App without issues. Older XBOX One games that are not set with HDR play on this TV fine, and older games...
  5. Will Xbox Series X/S support HDR for 1440p or 1080p monitors that don't accept 4k UHD signals?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Xbox Series X/S support HDR for 1440p or 1080p monitors that don't accept 4k UHD signals?: My PS4 and computer send HDR to my monitor just fine but XB1X will not (HP Pavilion 1440p VESA HDR600 model 3BZ12AA). I would like to know if Xbox Series X/S will support HDR for non-4k monitors....
  6. HDR Calibration Tool is messing with my Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR Calibration Tool is messing with my Xbox One X: Ever since the HDR Calibration Tool was added to my Xbox One X a few weeks back, after I play a game that is HDR enabled, when I go back to my dashboard, it's as if the brightness and contrast was...
  7. HDR calibration and Dynamic Tone Mapping

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR calibration and Dynamic Tone Mapping: Hello, I would like to know whether I should turn Dynamic Tone Mapping off when I calibrate HDR in the Xbox One X General TV & display options. 340f9349-fb50-49ac-8c88-7fff08c57f29
  8. HDR making my screen dim when playing

in XboX Insiders
    HDR making my screen dim when playing: So earlier today I was playing and I didn’t notice anything but I got on right now and noticed that my screen turns dim once the HDR symbol on the corner of the tv appears. Any help is...
  9. Problem with HDR on xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with HDR on xbox one x: I've had a HDR 4k tv now for a couple of weeks and everything works fine. But the last days I've played fifa 20 and ghost recon wildlands and the xbox turns off HDR (Game mode on TV is still on,...
  10. RE7 HDR on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    RE7 HDR on PC: I know the game supports HDR as there are HDR options in the settings, however they are grayed out. I have tried both turning HDR on in windows settings and leaving it off and nothing lets me...