HDR disabled after "Instant on" - big problen on XOX

Discus and support HDR disabled after "Instant on" - big problen on XOX in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; HDR is working fine when normally starting the game. Switch off the console, switch on (instant on), quick resume the game - everything has wrong... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Docnt, Jan 26, 2021.

1. /u/Docnt
    /u/Docnt Guest

HDR is working fine when normally starting the game. Switch off the console, switch on (instant on), quick resume the game - everything has wrong colors, hdr is not enabled. Only way to fix this is to completely close the game and start again - but it's taking a lot of time.

It's not anything with TV - quick resume a game with HDR by streaming to my phone will result with wrong colors too.

It's happening since November...

submitted by /u/Docnt
    [link] [comments]

/u/Docnt, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Jbaker1225 Win User

Xbox One S HDR Bug

Pissingoutnails, the Amazon Instant Video app for Xbox One does not currently have 4K support. So that is probably a big part of the reason you're not getting the HDR you expect.
  3. hiwired Win User

Issues with Preview Dashboard

Have you tried hard restart? Disable instant sign in after restart sign in and sign out
  4. EmbodiedAlarm33 Win User

4K UHD Blu-ray problems - picture stuttering

Of course, disabling HDR defeats the whole purpose of purchasing 4K HDR Blu-Rays.
  5. matthewiag Win User

xbox & HDR

Hello

If you have a 4K HDR TV you would need to Enable HDR in the Settings of your TV.

Many TV manufacturer disabled HDR and it needs to be turned on manually.
  6. Internet Expert Win User

No 4K without HDR (xbox one x)

On the Xbox One S/X: HDR requires 4K, but 4K does not require HDR.

Are you disabling HDR through your TV menu, or the Xbox display settings? If you're disabling HDR through the TV menu, this may be toggling your HDMI port from version 2.0 to 1.4. 4K resolution is not supported on Xbox if it is plugged into an HDMI port
    running version 1.4 specs, and will drive 1080p/SDR at most. If you disable HDR through the Xbox display settings (found in advanced settings menu), it should simply be running 4K without HDR from there.

If input lag is a huge concern, check if your TV has a "Game Mode," probably located somewhere in the TV's picture settings. This disables some (likely subtle) image post-processing features on the TV to reduce input lag.
Thema:

1. HDR disabled after "Instant on" - big problen on XOX - Similar Threads - HDR disabled Instant

2. Issue with HDR clipping issue since the last few builds

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with HDR clipping issue since the last few builds: I'm trying to calibrate my Xbox Series X with the HDR calibration tool. However I'm having this weird issue where I have to increase the brightness well beyond what my TV can do on the white...
  3. HDR since 2/24 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR since 2/24 update: Since the latest XBox software update I received 2/24/21 I cannot run games that use HDR. The games start to load and all freeze part way through. Only fix I've found is to turn off HDR settings...
  4. Disabling ALL HDR settings/mode (Xbox Series X)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disabling ALL HDR settings/mode (Xbox Series X): Hello, I am posting regarding HDR on my TV/Xbox Series X. I am having some issues getting HDR to appear the way I want it to look so I want everything HDR disabled. I have a Samsung NU8000 TV. I...
  5. Why they disable auto HDR from King of fighters XIII Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why they disable auto HDR from King of fighters XIII Xbox series X: I use to have Auto HDR function on KOF XIII a month ago or so, in the launch of the console. To my surprise today I reinstalled KOF XIII and the HDR is gone. Anyone know why?...
  6. Auto disabled HDR while resume gaming ob XSX

in XboX Insiders
    Auto disabled HDR while resume gaming ob XSX: Hi Does anyone having same issue as me? When I turn on my console after a while, and open a HDR game - HDR is turned of, only workarounds to turn it on again is to restart the game or use quick...
  7. HDR not working when "allow 4k" is disabled

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR not working when "allow 4k" is disabled: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_tveq-xba_tvlg-xba_tvlg42p/xbox-one-x-on-the-lg-c9-oled-tv-doesnt-use-hdr-for/295cacf9-c0b4-4f11-a1fc-4d3a230aa39a I have been monitoring...
  8. Series X and One X - Insider builds disable HDR in games when switching TV's Game Mode...

in XboX Insiders
    Series X and One X - Insider builds disable HDR in games when switching TV's Game Mode...: First, already reported using Series X. To have HDR working again, it's necessary to quit and restart the game. I remember this was happening before on One X too, before unplugging it from my TV....
  9. Is it possible to prevent Xbox One X from automatically disabling HDR when casting to PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to prevent Xbox One X from automatically disabling HDR when casting to PC?: The title pretty much sums it up. My Xbox One X is connected to a Samsung 27" Curved 2K monitor. Without casting I'm getting the beautiful HDR quality. Once I cast or stream from Xbox to the PC...
  10. Unable to ‘Allow 4K’ without disabling hdr

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to ‘Allow 4K’ without disabling hdr: Hi, For the past three weeks, i am unable to allow 4k on my xbox one x without having to disable hdr on my monitor or television. It seems to only happen now and i haven’t changed anything....