HDR for xbox series s on a 1080 tv

Discus and support HDR for xbox series s on a 1080 tv in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I find it disappointing that my xbox series s will not let me use the hdr function on my 1080p lg tv. However the playstation consoles do let... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by clifford slug, Jan 7, 2021.

1. HDR for xbox series s on a 1080 tv

Hi all,

I find it disappointing that my xbox series s will not let me use the hdr function on my 1080p lg tv. However the playstation consoles do let you use hdr at a 1080p video resolution. Since the series s is aimed at people on a lower budget who are more
    likely to own a 1080p tv than a 4k one, how come xbox are yet to fix this glaring difference? HDR can indeed look quite good on a 1080p tv as i saw for myself when i owned a ps4 pro last year. Surely xbox needs to compete at every level and equal or surpass
    what the playstation can do. I hope this deficiency can be remedied because it might sway people towards the playstation and we don't want that!

:)

clifford slug, Jan 7, 2021
  2. Sad0ldGit Win User

I did hear this was an issue with Samsung tv's which is not so good because my wife came home on Saturday with a new Samsung crystal tv. Not tried it with the series s yet. I'm not allowed to steal her new tv.
  3. A Skilled Shot Win User

Does Xbox One S support HDR without 4K Res?

A lot of places give you 30 day money back on tv's you could ask the store if they do that, if yes buy the tv and take it back if your not happy with the results

Sorry I don't know if xbox s will do HDR on a 1080 or not I'm still sitting on the "big brick xbox one"
  4. JCRobertson Win User

Gamestop says Xbox One S will not work on a regular HDTV

HAHAHA! I laugh at Gamestops lack of knowledge! The Xbox One S supports 720, 1080, and 4k resolutions. Just plug it in to any modern HDTV and it should automatically detect the tv's capabilities as far as resolution, hdr, stereoscopic 3d, and fps are concerned.
  5. robertmccall2 Win User

FHD HDR

Xbox only support hdr on 4k so we that have a xbox series s and 1080p 1440p hdr 120hz screen cannot get hdr because its not 4k. On ps4 it works tho 1080p hdr.
  6. Elite Clone Win User

Xbox One S HDR

I'm having the same exact issue I have no problem displaying 4k but my HDTV does support hdr 10 but no matter what i do the hdr option is greyed out . This is rather frustrating as I would love to see what hdr looks like on my tv. I'm using the supplied
    HDMI cable that came with my xbox one s. My tv model is a Hisense h8 series model number 50h8c
Thema:

1. HDR for xbox series s on a 1080 tv - Similar Threads - HDR series 1080

2. p65q9-h1 HDR 10 on Xbox series x makes screen dull and greyed

in XBoX on Consoles
    p65q9-h1 HDR 10 on Xbox series x makes screen dull and greyed: Just bought a vizio pseries 65 in and ive been noticing when i i turn hdr 10 on in the xbox series x it greys out textures ive messed with color settings and tried just about everything and i cant...
  3. HDR Not Working Lately? Series X

in XboX Insiders
    HDR Not Working Lately? Series X: I use my Series X through an Elgato 4K60S+ for capturing higher quality gameplay. Usually HDR passes through just fine. Occasionally need to reset console/card to have the Series X complete its...
  4. Xbox Series X HDR flicker/white flash at 4K/60Hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X HDR flicker/white flash at 4K/60Hz: Dear Sir/Madam, With my new Xbox Series X I encounter randomly occurring screen flicker/white flash while playing games or watching videos in 4K/60Hz with HDR enabled. The flicker/flashing is...
  5. Graphical issue popups when playing Xbox Series X 4k/120 HDR VRR

in XboX Insiders
    Graphical issue popups when playing Xbox Series X 4k/120 HDR VRR: I am getting random graphical issues/popups while playing on Xbox Series X in 4k/120fps HDR VRR mode. These issues occur randomly and seemingly more and more frequently. They pop up for a brief...
  6. Random video/graphical issues Xbox Series X 4K/120 HDR VRR

in XboX Insiders
    Random video/graphical issues Xbox Series X 4K/120 HDR VRR: [IMG] submitted by /u/webdoggy [link] [comments]
  7. Random video/graphical issues Xbox Series X 4K/120 HDR VRR

in XboX Insiders
    Random video/graphical issues Xbox Series X 4K/120 HDR VRR: [IMG] submitted by /u/webdoggy [link] [comments]
  8. Are xbox going to allow HDR at 1440p on series x and s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are xbox going to allow HDR at 1440p on series x and s: Bought a 1440p gaming moniter for my xbox series x which has hdr on it but xbox does not allow you to enable it only at 4k, don't want to play games with hdr at 60hz want to play at 120hz with hdr...
  9. Why they disable auto HDR from King of fighters XIII Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why they disable auto HDR from King of fighters XIII Xbox series X: I use to have Auto HDR function on KOF XIII a month ago or so, in the launch of the console. To my surprise today I reinstalled KOF XIII and the HDR is gone. Anyone know why?...
  10. HDR CALIBRATION PROBLEM ON SERIES X (cant save my settings).

in XboX Insiders
    HDR CALIBRATION PROBLEM ON SERIES X (cant save my settings).: Hi .I v noticed that the settings on HDR calibration screens r not saved. Every time i restart the console i must do the same process again.Do u face the same problem?Thanks in advance submitted...