: HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

Discus and support : HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV The video from my Xbox One X console goes black continuously when play a game with HDR activated on... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Juansero1229, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Juansero1229
    Juansero1229 Guest

The video from my Xbox One X console goes black continuously when play a game with HDR activated on my LG C9 55 inch TV. If I deactivate the HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour option on the TV, the problem is fixed, but I don't have HDR in the game.

I would like to have HDR/4k while playing on the Xbox One X. I've tried different games, they show the same behavior.

I have even changed the hdmi cable 4 times, even bought a quite expensive HDMI 2.1 cable, but it doesn't fix the problem. I have also tried different ports. It still doesn't work if I have HDR activated.

I have also checked both the TV and Xbox are up to date with the latest firmware. But I still got the problem.

When playing HDR/4k games on the PS4 Pro, I don't have this problem, so I think the Xbox needs a firmware update for compatibility between its HDMI2.0b output and the LG C9's 2.1 HDMI input.

Could you please help me?

:)

Juansero1229, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Juan RODRIGUEZ B. Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

what is your Problem?

Flickering Screen on Xbox

Flickering Screen on Xbox with HDR

Screen goes Black on HDR with Xbox ?

You talk about going black but have flickering on Topic.

There was an official Problem with HDR Flickering on that TVs and Xbox but that should be fixed a time ago
    The screen flickers when HDR or HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour is on in the TV, after a while of flickering it goes black, then the TV loses the signal from the Xbox. That's
    my problem.

If I deactivate HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour, then there's no more flickering and no more black screen.

Well it isn't fixed yet, I'm 100% sure I am on the latest firmware on both the LG C9 and the Xbox One X.
  3. tizzwozz Win User

Did you have to get the tv repaired?
  4. Juansero1229 Win User

How did you fix it
    I haven't fixed it, there's no fix available for this as for now that I have found
  5. CyTeK1978 Win User

for me, the LG has a Problem not the Console.

The Console only gives the Signal.

Your TV hast the last Firmware?
  6. tizzwozz Win User

Ive done all this, spent a fortune on 2.0 and 2.1 certified hdmi cables annd no different. Reset tv and xbox ans set up the video settings again, same problem.

It all runs fine infefinately if I turn off the HDR on the tv.

Ive had this tv and xbox running 4k HDR for over a year without issue, then the xbox has an update and it all falls over...
Thema:

1. : HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV - Similar Threads - HDR image flickering

2. Xbox Game Bar, Achievements, Notifications & HDR blacks out screen

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar, Achievements, Notifications & HDR blacks out screen: Hello! I saw one thread in the past discuss this problem with HDR games having issues when you either have an achievement pop up, a message, an invite, or simply opening up the game bar mid game...
  3. Captures not uploading in 4K HDR

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Captures not uploading in 4K HDR: Ive been taking in game screen shots for twitter and when i view them they are 4k hdr but when i save them to my phone through the app they appear to be sdr can anyone help?...
  4. Xbox One X HDR colour depth issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X HDR colour depth issues: Hi: I have a Xbox one X and a 4K UHD HDR Dolby Vision Tv that supports 12 bit colour depth. I have it set to 12 bit on my Xbox which works in SDR mode, however in a game or app that supports HDR...
  5. Losing HDR, accompanied by increased input lag

in XboX Insiders
    Losing HDR, accompanied by increased input lag: I posted about this previously I've discovered more info since then. Two weeks ago my HDR went out. I tried resetting my TV, checked it for updates, check my Xbox for updates, did a hard reset,...
  6. Xbox one x 4k Hdr/Sdr capturing no more :(

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x 4k Hdr/Sdr capturing no more :(: Since my xbox one x got update, it's not capturing any 4k video there are still options are available for 4k Hdr and 4k Sdr, if I select those option and try to capture 30sec. Video or upto 60mins...
  7. Xbox HDR Stopped working (Flickers and goes entirely blank after some time) with LG 4K...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox HDR Stopped working (Flickers and goes entirely blank after some time) with LG 4K...: I've been using my Xbox for 1 1/2 years, and since last few weeks, it started to show symptoms of an HDR issue with my LG 4K Nanocell TV. I had enabled "HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color" on my TV (which...
  8. Just found an image with HDR 10 games having no screen when you load in but the game’s...

in XboX Insiders
    Just found an image with HDR 10 games having no screen when you load in but the game’s...: Rocket league AND Sea of Thieves would not load any picture for me until I tried turning off HDR 10. I could hear audio but saw nothing on screen. You could hear the menus working behind the scene...
  9. 4K HDR Bluray needs patch for Xbox One X (greyish image and black bars on 2.40:1 films)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    4K HDR Bluray needs patch for Xbox One X (greyish image and black bars on 2.40:1 films): Seems like Xbox One X 4k Bluray support isn't fixed. The black bars (and overall tone of the films) have once again become greyish instead of black. Same thing happened with the Xbox One S in its...
  10. Xbox One X HDR + Samsung KS8000 = Terrible Image Quality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X HDR + Samsung KS8000 = Terrible Image Quality: Hello! I am the proud owner of a new Xbox One X Scorpio Edition and have it attached to my 55" Samsung KS8000. I've gotten some games installed and while Diablo 3 looks AMAZING in 4K, my games...