HDR issues on my Xbox Series S , kindly help!

Discus and support HDR issues on my Xbox Series S , kindly help! in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I absolutely love my Series and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good gaming machine on a tight budget,thank you Microsoft. Issue: I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/egk999, Jun 18, 2021.

1. /u/egk999
    /u/egk999 Guest

I absolutely love my Series and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good gaming machine on a tight budget,thank you Microsoft.

Issue: I game on a 55inch Samsung Frame Tv (2020 model) and I'm facing screen flickering issues on HDR enabled games.The problem seems to be non existent if I turn off HDR. I have 4k 60hz enabled with VRR enabled and the tv supports VRR.

I also own a PS5 and it doesn't seem to have this issue. Kindly help!

submitted by /u/egk999
    [link] [comments]

/u/egk999, Jun 18, 2021
  2. robertmccall2 Win User

FHD HDR

Xbox only support hdr on 4k so we that have a xbox series s and 1080p 1440p hdr 120hz screen cannot get hdr because its not 4k. On ps4 it works tho 1080p hdr.
  3. gds1972 Win User

Xbox one s not playing 4K blurays

4. Elite Clone Win User

Xbox One S HDR

I'm having the same exact issue I have no problem displaying 4k but my HDTV does support hdr 10 but no matter what i do the hdr option is greyed out . This is rather frustrating as I would love to see what hdr looks like on my tv. I'm using the supplied
    HDMI cable that came with my xbox one s. My tv model is a Hisense h8 series model number 50h8c
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

HDMI Xbox Series S/X

Hi,

There is more than enough bandwidth for 1440P @120Hz with HDR on an HDMI 2.0 Monitor. On the current consoles Microsoft decided to lock HDR to 4K displays, but with the Series S that won't be an issue anymore.

HDMI standards are backwards compatible, so you won't need an HDMI 2.1 compliant Monitor to use Series X or S on an older monitor or TV that only has HDMI 2.0.

Xbox One X and S can be very fussy when it comes to full monitor support. But if you bought a monitor that fully supports the Xbox One X then it should support the same features on a Series X/S.

My advice would be to check reviews of monitors actually running on the current consoles with 120Hz support. There are loads of videos on YouTube. Just looking at the specs on a website may not be enough.
  6. robertmccall2 Win User

FHD HDR

Yes we need to let microsoft know.

They are selling series s as 1440p hdr console while not support hdr on resolution other than 4k
Thema:

1. HDR issues on my Xbox Series S , kindly help! - Similar Threads - HDR issues Series

2. Series X Auto HDR setting issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X Auto HDR setting issue: I have a problem on the series x, when I turn on the auto HDR setting and play a Xbox one game, or open any apps everything runs fine. But when I switch to a series X game, or attempt to go back...
  3. Xbox series X Allow HDR issue - LG43UK6300PLB

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X Allow HDR issue - LG43UK6300PLB: When I initially bought my Series X I was able to select 'Allow HDR10' in the settings menu but now it is greyed out following the recent system update (beta ring). I've reset my TV to factory...
  4. Series X has issues with 4K HDR Blue ray movies.

in XboX Insiders
    Series X has issues with 4K HDR Blue ray movies.: I have two series X and they have the exact same issues. During playback of a 4K HDR Blue ray the picture will go black for a second or two then come back then after flashing black it will go full...
  5. Graphical issue popups when playing Xbox Series X 4k/120 HDR VRR

in XboX Insiders
    Graphical issue popups when playing Xbox Series X 4k/120 HDR VRR: I am getting random graphical issues/popups while playing on Xbox Series X in 4k/120fps HDR VRR mode. These issues occur randomly and seemingly more and more frequently. They pop up for a brief...
  6. Random video/graphical issues Xbox Series X 4K/120 HDR VRR

in XboX Insiders
    Random video/graphical issues Xbox Series X 4K/120 HDR VRR: [IMG] submitted by /u/webdoggy [link] [comments]
  7. Random video/graphical issues Xbox Series X 4K/120 HDR VRR

in XboX Insiders
    Random video/graphical issues Xbox Series X 4K/120 HDR VRR: [IMG] submitted by /u/webdoggy [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox series x and predator x27 monitor no HDR / HDR issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x and predator x27 monitor no HDR / HDR issues: [img] I have an xbox series x connect to an acer predator x27 monitor but it says i cant play games in hdr. Its an hdr top end monitor, any suggestions? Ive got auto detect hdr on and hdr worked...
  9. Auto HDR issues -> Xbox Series X double processing of HDR Titles

in XboX Insiders
    Auto HDR issues -> Xbox Series X double processing of HDR Titles: [IMG] submitted by /u/Germinator-Alpha [link] [comments]
  10. Screen colour washed out on series x (possibly hdr issue)

in XboX Insiders
    Screen colour washed out on series x (possibly hdr issue): This occurred while playing apex legends. The hdr suddenly turned off and the screen became almost washed out where colours were very dull. This only happened about twice so it’s a rare bug. But...