HDR making my screen dim when playing

Discus and support HDR making my screen dim when playing in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So earlier today I was playing and I didn’t notice anything but I got on right now and noticed that my screen turns dim once the HDR symbol on the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/bestguarddog, Sep 17, 2020.

1. HDR making my screen dim when playing

So earlier today I was playing and I didn’t notice anything but I got on right now and noticed that my screen turns dim once the HDR symbol on the corner of the tv appears. Any help is appreciated.

submitted by /u/bestguarddog
    [link] [comments]

/u/bestguarddog, Sep 17, 2020
  2. GoodLieYoung Win User

Xbox One X HDR dimming problem!

Hello,

My xbox one x has an issue with loading games in HDR. When a game or netflix starts up. My screen dims dark. Like it fade away. All colours are dark and not bright.

I have a 4K/HDR tv with a 10 bit panel. And it doenst work.

I tried everything. Switching settings from my tv and xbox, hard reset, different HDMI 2.0 port and cabel. Only HDR in 8 bit mode doenst go dark. But I know my TV has an working 10 bit panel that works with other content beside my xbox one x.
    Same here. It looks as if you have screen dim on as a power saving feature. The problem with this bug is that dims the screen as soon as you start and play an hdr game or app.
  3. Death Pr0fess0r Win User

Xbox One S HDR Bug

I am having a similar issue on my Xbox One S connected directly to my Samsung JS8500 tv. When I open the netflix app the screen becomes very dim and the screen doesn't return to normal until the app is quit. HDR content looks great using the Netflix app
    on my TV by the way, not dim at all.
  4. reptileegg Win User

Screen dims slightly after 5 minutes.

… it does say this one that link you gave - When using the NU8000 for HDR PC Gaming, there is currently an issue with the 'Standard' picture mode where the screen became very dim and we were unable to change it. So maybe
    there are issues with this TV and dimness.
  5. Davidson-EA3DD772-4E Win User

Xbox One X dimming for some games and apps

Found out HDR was the issue. If I turn off the HDR everything works fine. Anyone know why all of a sudden HDR would cause my XBox to dim?
  6. KyleFoote Win User

Xbox one dimming

I mean when the screen dims when it goes into idle. When i watch a movie or tv the screen dims
Thema:

HDR making my screen dim when playing

1. HDR making my screen dim when playing - Similar Threads - HDR making screen

2. HDR calibration and Dynamic Tone Mapping

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR calibration and Dynamic Tone Mapping: Hello, I would like to know whether I should turn Dynamic Tone Mapping off when I calibrate HDR in the Xbox One X General TV & display options. 340f9349-fb50-49ac-8c88-7fff08c57f29
  3. HDR Confusion.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HDR Confusion.: Hello, I noticed something recently concerning my games that support HDR, even though it says HDR is supported HDR wont kick in. At first I thought that my TV just didn't meet the requirements but...
  4. Problem with HDR on xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with HDR on xbox one x: I've had a HDR 4k tv now for a couple of weeks and everything works fine. But the last days I've played fifa 20 and ghost recon wildlands and the xbox turns off HDR (Game mode on TV is still on,...
  5. RE7 HDR on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    RE7 HDR on PC: I know the game supports HDR as there are HDR options in the settings, however they are grayed out. I have tried both turning HDR on in windows settings and leaving it off and nothing lets me...
  6. Xbox HDR without 4K, why isn't working? You ought to explain yourselves!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox HDR without 4K, why isn't working? You ought to explain yourselves!: I am posting everywhere. Reddit, Support, Twitter, Feedback from xbox console error reporting. I fight to demand my legal rights. I have any right to use my monitor as I want to. I want 1440p...
  7. HDR Calibration Application doesnt seem to work they way it was intended.

in XboX Insiders
    HDR Calibration Application doesnt seem to work they way it was intended.: I will start with my setup which is a 32" 2K HDR samsung display with an xbox series X. It requests that you turn off your sharpness on the monitor so I put it to 0 as no option to actually...
  8. My TV used to support HDR, but now it doesn't.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My TV used to support HDR, but now it doesn't.: My TV supports HDR, but I noticed that when I go into settings it says "your TV setup doesn't support HDR10 for gaming. Games won't be shown in HDR". I've tried a few things to see if I could fix...
  9. HDR not compatible with DELL S3220 certified HDR400

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR not compatible with DELL S3220 certified HDR400: Hello I have buy a DELL S3220, this monitor is certify vesa dispaly HDR 400....
  10. Watching 4K Hdr makes the picture worse and darkens everything until I quit out of it..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Watching 4K Hdr makes the picture worse and darkens everything until I quit out of it..: Goes back to normal when I quit watching a hdr movie...When i load up the blu ray app and start the movie the pic is so dark i cant watch it.. ace3c3c7-1bf2-45e4-befe-4ed2348e2e48