HDR Not Working Lately? Series X

Discus and support HDR Not Working Lately? Series X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I use my Series X through an Elgato 4K60S+ for capturing higher quality gameplay. Usually HDR passes through just fine. Occasionally need to reset... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/El_Matadurr, Jan 8, 2021.

1. HDR Not Working Lately? Series X

I use my Series X through an Elgato 4K60S+ for capturing higher quality gameplay. Usually HDR passes through just fine. Occasionally need to reset console/card to have the Series X complete its handshake...but now the system just can’t recognize that I’m running on a 4K HDR TV. Only 4K.

Any troubleshooting thoughts???

submitted by /u/El_Matadurr
    [link] [comments]

/u/El_Matadurr, Jan 8, 2021
  2. Argonaught Win User

Xbox Series X - Auto HDR not working?

I understand that. But I had read that Batman: Arkham Knight does support Auto HDR.

Can you suggest game(s) that support Auto HDR so I can verify that it works?
  3. Dank DG Win User

Xbox Series X

yes they will.

even older games will be improved with HDR

from the original xbox to xbox series X
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Will Xbox Series X/S support HDR for 1440p or 1080p monitors that don't accept 4k UHD signals?

Hi,

It would seem so looking at this
    link direct from Dolby
    . And I'm sure the same would apply to HDR 10 as well.

Since the series is designed to be a 1440P (2560x1440) console, it would be a little silly on Microsoft's part to not allow HDR on Series S/X on none 4K displays.

I'm still at a loss as to why they don't allow it now on Xbox One X. There's no technical reason for it's absence, HDR itself isn't reliant on a 4K resolution to function. The monitor I use for my PC is capable of HDR and it works fine at 1440P on my gaming
    PC. My One X doesn't see though.

I'm pretty sure this will change with Series X/S with more and more players opting for gaming monitors with 120Hz refresh rates and freeSync support. 1440P monitors are very popular for cost and performance.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox Series X - Auto HDR not working?

Not all the games work with auto HDR. Microsoft have turned off the feature for some of them due to it not making any difference to the game.
  6. ilm1rko Win User

Series X.... what TV we going with?

HDR give more difference than resolution.

ESO game with HDR it's more beautiful
Thema:

HDR Not Working Lately? Series X

1. HDR Not Working Lately? Series X - Similar Threads - HDR Working Lately

2. HDR not working when "allow 4k" is disabled

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR not working when "allow 4k" is disabled: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_tveq-xba_tvlg-xba_tvlg42p/xbox-one-x-on-the-lg-c9-oled-tv-doesnt-use-hdr-for/295cacf9-c0b4-4f11-a1fc-4d3a230aa39a I have been monitoring...
  3. I thought this was a public build issue, but Auto HDR isn't working for any 360 game also...

in XboX Insiders
    I thought this was a public build issue, but Auto HDR isn't working for any 360 game also...: By the way, there are YouTube videos of Red Dead Redemption 1 running in HDR on Series X. Is it working just for some people?! Or some TVs?! Please, what's going on? submitted by...
  4. Xbox Series X - Auto HDR not working in 360 games like Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV. It's...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X - Auto HDR not working in 360 games like Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV. It's...: This feature works for all Xbox One games. It is enabled in settings. By the way, is there any place where I can force enable or disable Auto HDR in specific games?! submitted by...
  5. HDR Not working on Philips 6503 Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR Not working on Philips 6503 Xbox Series X: Hello, I have Philips 55PUS6503/12 4k HDR TV, and Xbox series X console. Unfortunetly console says, that this TV is not ready to show games with HDR, but i don't have any problems with HDR on...
  6. Very Happy with Series X but 1 disappointment for me; 1440p@120hz HDR does not work!

in XboX Insiders
    Very Happy with Series X but 1 disappointment for me; 1440p@120hz HDR does not work!: For the Xbox One X, 1440p@120hz HDR was not possible. It forced a 2160p@60hz HDR signal to the monitor. Unfortunately, this has not been fixed for Series X. Only 2160p@60hz HDR is possible....
  7. Xbox Series X - Auto HDR not working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Auto HDR not working?: I have just got an Xbox Series X. I have Auto HDR turned on, and have tried a number of games including Alan Wake and Batman: Arkham Knight. None of them trigger the Auto HDR symbol under the...
  8. HDR Game Calibration app doesn't work anymore and simply crashes, what now?

in XboX Insiders
    HDR Game Calibration app doesn't work anymore and simply crashes, what now?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Retro_Edge [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox HDR without 4K, why isn't working? You ought to explain yourselves!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox HDR without 4K, why isn't working? You ought to explain yourselves!: I am posting everywhere. Reddit, Support, Twitter, Feedback from xbox console error reporting. I fight to demand my legal rights. I have any right to use my monitor as I want to. I want 1440p...
  10. HDR Calibration Application doesnt seem to work they way it was intended.

in XboX Insiders
    HDR Calibration Application doesnt seem to work they way it was intended.: I will start with my setup which is a 32" 2K HDR samsung display with an xbox series X. It requests that you turn off your sharpness on the monitor so I put it to 0 as no option to actually...