Hdr stopped working on Xbox one x

Discus and support Hdr stopped working on Xbox one x in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi folks, Within the last month or so I've seen a strange issue with my one X, everything worked perfectly on my LG tv now all of a sudden I have to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StevieW130, May 10, 2019.

1. StevieW130
    StevieW130 Guest

Hi folks, Within the last month or so I've seen a strange issue with my one X, everything worked perfectly on my LG tv now all of a sudden I have to turn ultra deep colour off in the TV settings or else I just get a black screen, I always got all green
    ticks since I bought the X about a year ago the TV would automatically detect hdr games and switch accordingly, but in the last few weeks it just stopped working, I can only play if I disable Ultra deep colour in the TV menu or disable hdr in the xbox settings.
    Bought a new cable tried different cables and tried xbox on another 2018 4k LG tv and it does the exact same... Strange!!! Any one experience anything like this, all I can think is some update has screwed something up with the xbox and LG "ultra deep colour"
    setting, I don't notice a huge difference not having hdr available and indeed I don't think LGs ultra deep colour is true hdr10 either but it still doesn't explain why all of a sudden it doesn't work when previously it was fine!!

:)

StevieW130, May 10, 2019
  2. StevieW130 Win User

Hi Nestor S, I tried the soft reset and it made no difference, the xbox just refuses to play ball with the TV anymore, if I turn Hdr on on the TV I just get a blank screen but if I disable it in the TV settings it's fine, it almost looks like its the TV
    at fault but I've tried it on 2 different tvs and it's the same. It all started a few weeks back when I would get random blinking on the screen then it changed to solid blank, I initially thought my xbox was broken but then realised that it worked perfectly
    as long as I now disabled hdr in the TV menu. My xbox is now out of warranty so I'll just have to live without hdr 😀
  3. XBF Nestor S Win User

Hey there Stevie thanks for taking the time to bring this issue to us.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused but rest assured we are here to help, we have seen this in the past
    and since the issue could be on the actual OS of the console so we would suggest a >Soft
    Factory Reset
    <
    (while keeping games and apps)
    IF AND ONLY IF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA IS MET:

• There is a stable network connection.
    • The information for all profiles is known (email and passwords)

Once the setup is complete it will ask if we want to keep settings or manual setup
    lets do manual setup as this will refresh the update and narrow down the problem. Give it a shot and let us know of any changes!
  4. Shaggy2000 Win User

A HDR game list for Xbox One S?

Erm........................You do realise that any game that runs on the Xbox One X also runs on the Xbox One S? And because of this, any game that is HDR on the Xbox One X is also HDR on the Xbox One S.

So basically, any game you find that is HDR on the Xbox One X is also HDR on the Xbox One S
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

1080P HDR support

Hi,

Only the Xbox One S and the One X support HDR. HDR isn't linked to resolution, so, technically, HDR can work at 1080P. However, in the interest of not confusing consumers, Microsoft have locked HDR to 4K displays only, which is mostly industry standard
    anyway. I'm pretty sure even 1440P doesn't support HDR on One S or One X either.
  6. HUANG da Win User

A HDR game list for Xbox One S?

any game you find that is HDR on the Xbox One X is also HDR on the Xbox One S
    Is that official?

HDR is an "Xbox One X Enhanced" feature for those games, that's official words.

For example Rise of the Tomb Raider, NO HDR on Xbox One S.
Thema:

1. Hdr stopped working on Xbox one x - Similar Threads - Hdr stopped working

2. HDR washed out on Xbox One X and S on Philips HDR1000 monitor.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR washed out on Xbox One X and S on Philips HDR1000 monitor.: Hello everyone. I recently bought for the last Black Friday the combo new monitor + Xbox One X. The monitor I chose, after seeing numerous reviews, was the Philips Momentum 436M6VBPAB 43" 4K...
  3. Xbox One X HDR+ Black Screens

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X HDR+ Black Screens: Dear all, since around 3 weeks i have from time to time some black screens after my television switch to HDR+ and some couple of minutes later it switch back. Everytime you have for around 2-3...
  4. HDR Flickering Screen Tearing Xbox One X on LG OLED E9

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR Flickering Screen Tearing Xbox One X on LG OLED E9: Hi all, I just purchased a new 2019 LG OLED E9. Everything seemed to be fine until I got into the game and the screen just started tearing, flickering and becoming scattered. The issue happens as...
  5. Samsung HG40EA790MS: HDR problem with Samsung TV !

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: HDR problem with Samsung TV !: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: HDR problem with Samsung TV ! Hello! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you're having trouble with HDR on your...
  6. Will xbox one support 1080p HDR like PS4 does?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will xbox one support 1080p HDR like PS4 does?: I have an Epson 5040ub projector. It doesn't do full 4k but it does take a 4k signal and does a great job of enhancing 1080p to look really close to 4k. Problem is that I can watch a 4k HDR disc,...
  7. Any monitors that work on Xbox One X @ 1440p, 120hz + (freesync or HDR or 10bit), over HDMI 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any monitors that work on Xbox One X @ 1440p, 120hz + (freesync or HDR or 10bit), over HDMI 2: I can't believe how much research I've done over the past month trying to find monitors that will do: +1440p +120hz + (freesync or HDR or 10bit) + over HDMI 2 + (obvious, compatible with...
  8. Xbox One X Blu-ray: HDR will not display during 4K movie playback

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X Blu-ray: HDR will not display during 4K movie playback: Issue: Any 4K movie played on Xbox One X Blu-ray app shows washed out colors in movie and on Xbox Dashboard menu during playback Currently having an issue with the Blu-ray app and HDR colors for...
  9. Xbox One X flicker HDR

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X flicker HDR: Since the last system update, my xbox one x is unable to keep a stable HDR display. Any game that plays in HDR will flicker between game display, and black screen. When screen flickers, TV...
  10. 4K UHD HDR Stopped Working properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    4K UHD HDR Stopped Working properly: On my VUDU and Movies and tv apps. The 4K UHD HDR Stream movies play extremely dark so bad I can barely see what is going on. I need HELP. 1aa0ce26-61d7-4d2c-955b-bba91992568f