HDR sub 4K patch. Please add 1080p and 1440p support for HDR on Xbox Consoles instead of...

Discus and support HDR sub 4K patch. Please add 1080p and 1440p support for HDR on Xbox Consoles instead of... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; At the moment, all Xbox consoles only support HDR at 4k. Many many many monitors support HDR and are 1440p or 1080p. There is absolutely no reason to... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Fit_Confusion_6309, Aug 5, 2022.

1. HDR sub 4K patch. Please add 1080p and 1440p support for HDR on Xbox Consoles instead of...

At the moment, all Xbox consoles only support HDR at 4k. Many many many monitors support HDR and are 1440p or 1080p. There is absolutely no reason to not run HDR for games at 1440p and 1080p. This would be huge for the monitor xbox community. Also ultrawide and different resolution support would be nice like different aspect ratios.

submitted by /u/Fit_Confusion_6309
    [link] [comments]

/u/Fit_Confusion_6309, Aug 5, 2022
  2. robertmccall2 Win User

FHD HDR

Xbox only support hdr on 4k so we that have a xbox series s and 1080p 1440p hdr 120hz screen cannot get hdr because its not 4k. On ps4 it works tho 1080p hdr.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Xbox One S and HDR

Ummm cause only 4k tvs support hdr

Even on a ps4 pro

Hate to burst your bubble but hdr is only meant for 4k tv

Hdr sets res at 1440p or.higher and allows.for advance color control.only available on 4k res

The only things that play in hdr on xbox one s is 4k bluray and 4k streaming

If you tried this on a 1080p tv you will have blurry lines instead of a good picture

Because you are trying to squeeze too much res into a 1080p

Hdr onlybworks when the tv and player support HDR and 1080p tvs dont

Neither dods a ps4 slim or originsl

Only pro units do and xbox ome s and .x
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One S and HDR

Ummm cause only 4k tvs support hdr

Even on a ps4 pro

Hate to burst your bubble but hdr is only meant for 4k tv

Hdr sets res at 1440p or.higher and allows.for advance color control.only available on 4k res

The only things that play in hdr on xbox one s is 4k bluray and 4k streaming

If you tried this on a 1080p tv you will have blurry lines instead of a good picture

Because you are trying to squeeze too much res into a 1080p

Hdr onlybworks when the tv and player support HDR and 1080p tvs dont

Neither dods a ps4 slim or originsl

Only pro units do and xbox ome s and .x
    That's not strictly true. There are some 1080P TV's that support HDR, but not many of them. HDR is for colour output, it has nothing to do with the picture resolution of the content. Not sue why you think it would have 'blurry lines'?

Also need to correct you on few more things here:

HDR for the Xbox One S - if you're using a 4K display - is not limited to UHD Blu-ray or Streaming services, it can also be used in Xbox One games that have HDR support.

All PS4 consoles support HDR, it's not locked behind the Pro console. They will also do HDR at 1080P.

But to the original poster:

There isn't just one type of HDR

Likely the true reason for HDR not being supported for the Xbox One S and 1080P is one of technology. There isn't just one type of HDR, there are several, HDR8, HDR10 and Dolby Vision to name a few. Those few 1080P displays with HDR, likely only support
    the early HDR standards. Sure, it's HDR, but good HDR?
  5. robertmccall2 Win User

4K/1440p HDR

Microsoft locked hdr to 4k so if ur monitor dont accept 4k signals ( tick allow 4k box in settings must be selected for hdr) it doesnt work on 1080p 1440p displays usually only if they accept 4k signals. Because microsoft locked it since xbox one s and
    one x. It is hard to understand why they not allow it now because they have xbox series s 1440p 120hz hdr console right?
  6. Mr Crynox Win User

1080P HDR support

Hi,

Only the Xbox One S and the One X support HDR. HDR isn't linked to resolution, so, technically, HDR can work at 1080P. However, in the interest of not confusing consumers, Microsoft have locked HDR to 4K displays only, which is mostly industry standard
    anyway. I'm pretty sure even 1440P doesn't support HDR on One S or One X either.
    I understand that HDR is not related to resolution and that most 1080P displays that do support it are less common that 4K displays, but there are definitely models that do, mine included.

I can play PS4 games on 1080P with HDR but not XB1 games.. I don't understand why MS isn't supporting HDR alongside 1080P ?
Thema:

HDR sub 4K patch. Please add 1080p and 1440p support for HDR on Xbox Consoles instead of...

1. HDR sub 4K patch. Please add 1080p and 1440p support for HDR on Xbox Consoles instead of... - Similar Threads - HDR sub patch

2. Assassin's Creed Valhalla Xbox Series X HDR issues

in XboX Insiders
    Assassin's Creed Valhalla Xbox Series X HDR issues: Can someone familiar with this issue please explain how to fix the HDR setting that adversely affects the color/gamma appearance for this game? I know the first step is turning off HDR but that's...
  3. Hdr calibration tool doesn't work correctly when using hgig

in XBoX on Windows
    Hdr calibration tool doesn't work correctly when using hgig: So I have an lg tv UHD 4k running at 60hz. everytime I try to calibrate my tv with the xbox series x tool, I run into problems when I have HGiG on. During the second step for maximum luminance on...
  4. HDR dims screen after couple minutes ingame Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    HDR dims screen after couple minutes ingame Xbox Series X: Since my post from a year ago got archived I made a new one since the issue is still a thing and still happens, now the solution to turn auto low latency off was given in the old post but it works...
  5. Xbox Remote Play HDR issues with betas

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Remote Play HDR issues with betas: Hey, has anyone else had issues as of late with Xbox Remote Play where certain games are bright to the point of being unusable? This has happened to me on Forza Horizon 5 and Gears. I've been on...
  6. How do I play HDR content off of a external drive locally?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I play HDR content off of a external drive locally?: This is something I’ve wanted to do since I first picked up the Series X back in November of 2020. Yes I know I can play HDR content through plex and that looks great, however it requires an...
  7. Xbox Series X auto HDR

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X auto HDR: The auto HDR was working perfectly fine since I've been playing on the Series X. Then I started up a game and right before it entered the auto HDR mode I opened the menu and then something...
  8. ALLM only working with HDR/DV games

in XboX Insiders
    ALLM only working with HDR/DV games: XSX on LG CX. ALLM enabled on both and works fine with any HDR game content. If a game however is non HDR and auto HDR is disabled ALLM is not triggering the screen into game mode. HDR / DV / Auto...
  9. XboxSeriesX Delta Ring - HDR/LGCX1 Issues

in XboX Insiders
    XboxSeriesX Delta Ring - HDR/LGCX1 Issues: I only get to game about once a week so I didn't experience this issue until I fired up my Xbox last night. The Xbox was extremely slow to boot. So I went ahead and restarted it. Immediately, I...
  10. Xbox One Series S Auto HDR help, won’t appear.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One Series S Auto HDR help, won’t appear.: For some reason my Xbox S doesn’t even have the option available for auto HDR, like the box to check it off isn’t even there but the HDR10 box is and I have checked it off, my tv will accept HDR...