Headphone detachable mic stopped working for xbox

Discus and support Headphone detachable mic stopped working for xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So a few months back I purchased a gaming headset (crosshair hs35) and I've been using the mic for a few months but since yesterday it stopped working.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AidenChapman, Mar 26, 2020.

1. AidenChapman
    AidenChapman Guest

So a few months back I purchased a gaming headset (crosshair hs35) and I've been using the mic for a few months but since yesterday it stopped working. If I blowhard in the mic it makes a sound but I can't talk in the mic anymore. Besides the detachable
    mic, the headphones work great and have decent sound. Also, I want to mention that I'm using this for Xbox and I've tried using the mic on 2 controllers and still no luck.

:)

AidenChapman, Mar 26, 2020
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are experiencing difficulties with a headset you are using.

Have you had a chance to test this headset on another device that is not a controller, such a mobile phone or PC?

If you are experiencing the same issue across multiple platform, its possible that the jack that you insert your mic into could be damaged. Additionally, make sure the mic is not currently muted.

I would recommend that you taking a look at the article that cover
    troubleshooting headsets
    and see if some of these troubleshooting steps work for you.

If you can verify this info for us, we should be able to provide for you additional troubleshooting techniques [if any are available] to address this further.
  3. blueamcat Win User

New Xbox controller

Sounds like it could be the headphone jack on the controller itself. That's usually what goes out when a mic stops working.
  4. Fallen Gamer97 Win User

Headphones Mic Glitches Out

i used to have a Turtle Beach Headset but it broke over 6 months ago, i think i still have the mic from it because it was detachable and i wanted to test and see if i could just use that instead of headphones. But i know for sure using headphones are bad
    compared to an actual headset and to me it would be a waste of money getting one because i wouldnt use it much
  5. RoAdMoNstER725 Win User

Stereo headset randomly stopped working

I have the same issue.

I have a headset adapter and a pair of music headphones w in-line mic that I've used for months and the mic no longer works w the xbox one. Still works w phone, so it didn't break.

The headset adapter works w my 360 headset and the 2.5 to 3.5 adapter, so it's not the controller. All firmware is up to date. There was a console update, and the mic hasn't worked for party chat since then.

Can't figure out why it stopped working.
  6. michaelflood2 Win User

no volume

my headphones / xbox it randomly stopped working
Thema:

1. Headphone detachable mic stopped working for xbox - Similar Threads - Headphone detachable mic

2. Headphones not working when plugged into Xbox Series X controller connected wirelessly to PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Headphones not working when plugged into Xbox Series X controller connected wirelessly to PC: I just bought an Xbox Series X controller because I wanted it to connect wirelessly to my PC. This works perfectly, but when I plug the headset into the audio jack on the controller, it is not...
  3. I can hear static in my headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear static in my headphones: I just bought brand new headphones and realised that whenever I use this with batteries in my controller it makes this obnoxious static noise. How can I fix this problem?...
  4. Issue with noise on headphones audio at certain volume levels

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with noise on headphones audio at certain volume levels: Delta Ring Here, I have been trouble with audio on headphones at certain volume levels on my XSX controller. Below 80% of max volume I can hear noise on my game, but if I increase the level...
  5. Headphone Jack Xbox Elite 2 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone Jack Xbox Elite 2 Controller: My headphone jack is not working properly in my Elite Series 2 controller. I plug in my headset and I can hear the audio from the game but cannot talk to my friends in game. I see them talking but...
  6. Amazon Video Xbox App - Controller goes to sleep with wired headphones and I lose audio.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Amazon Video Xbox App - Controller goes to sleep with wired headphones and I lose audio.: Whenever you are watching video with wired headphones or earbuds on the Amazon Video app on Xbox, the controller goes to sleep and kills your audio after about 15 or 20 minutes. The app used to...
  7. DTS X Headphones Select - Xbox One S (Onscreen keyboard blocks headphone selection and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    DTS X Headphones Select - Xbox One S (Onscreen keyboard blocks headphone selection and...: I was trying to select my headphones when setting up the DTS X application on my Xbox One S, but was unsuccessful. Although my headphones are on the list when I search, what happens is that the...
  8. My Arctis 9x headphones will not connect to my Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Arctis 9x headphones will not connect to my Xbox: Iv’e tried multiple to times to sync my headset to my xbox and even reset the headset and it doesnt seen to work. What should I do? aa0f3bc2-ede9-4f4b-ad1b-bee9ef972940
  9. Headphone Wireless HP X1000 do not connect to Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone Wireless HP X1000 do not connect to Xbox: Hello. I have an HP wireless X1000 headphones, however I can't connect them to Xbox series X because it doesn't recognize the pen that connects them. As such I would like to know if there is any...
  10. Xbox Series X No Sound Via HDMI After Using Headphones On Controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X No Sound Via HDMI After Using Headphones On Controller.: When I plug my Apple headphones into my Xbox Series X controller I get a bad buzzing feedback unless I turn the mic volume all the way down. Now, I get no audio through my TV. I've tried...