Headphone detachable mic stopped working for xbox

Discus and support Headphone detachable mic stopped working for xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So a few months back I purchased a gaming headset (crosshair hs35) and I've been using the mic for a few months but since yesterday it stopped working.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AidenChapman, Mar 26, 2020 at 2:42 AM.

1. AidenChapman
    AidenChapman Guest

So a few months back I purchased a gaming headset (crosshair hs35) and I've been using the mic for a few months but since yesterday it stopped working. If I blowhard in the mic it makes a sound but I can't talk in the mic anymore. Besides the detachable
    mic, the headphones work great and have decent sound. Also, I want to mention that I'm using this for Xbox and I've tried using the mic on 2 controllers and still no luck.

:)

AidenChapman, Mar 26, 2020 at 2:42 AM
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are experiencing difficulties with a headset you are using.

Have you had a chance to test this headset on another device that is not a controller, such a mobile phone or PC?

If you are experiencing the same issue across multiple platform, its possible that the jack that you insert your mic into could be damaged. Additionally, make sure the mic is not currently muted.

I would recommend that you taking a look at the article that cover
    troubleshooting headsets
    and see if some of these troubleshooting steps work for you.

If you can verify this info for us, we should be able to provide for you additional troubleshooting techniques [if any are available] to address this further.
  3. Fallen Gamer97 Win User

Headphones Mic Glitches Out

i used to have a Turtle Beach Headset but it broke over 6 months ago, i think i still have the mic from it because it was detachable and i wanted to test and see if i could just use that instead of headphones. But i know for sure using headphones are bad
    compared to an actual headset and to me it would be a waste of money getting one because i wouldnt use it much
  4. RoAdMoNstER725 Win User

Stereo headset randomly stopped working

I have the same issue.

I have a headset adapter and a pair of music headphones w in-line mic that I've used for months and the mic no longer works w the xbox one. Still works w phone, so it didn't break.

The headset adapter works w my 360 headset and the 2.5 to 3.5 adapter, so it's not the controller. All firmware is up to date. There was a console update, and the mic hasn't worked for party chat since then.

Can't figure out why it stopped working.
  5. Borss39 Win User

Will my Turtle beach X41 work on Xbox one? if not why not?

The headphones will work but not the mic until they release an adapter.
  6. michaelflood2 Win User

no volume

my headphones / xbox it randomly stopped working
Thema:

1. Headphone detachable mic stopped working for xbox - Similar Threads - Headphone detachable mic

2. Bluetooth adapter for headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bluetooth adapter for headphones: Hey everyone, i was wondering if i could plug an adapter into my xbox for bluetooth headphones would it work? 17dfb9a6-5afb-4159-9bde-5e920a6b7ced
  3. Using standard 3.5 mm 3 channel headphones with a 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using standard 3.5 mm 3 channel headphones with a 360: My Turtle Beach x41 Xbox 360 headsets recently broke and a place where I can't just simply order a replacement part. I currently have a setup where use my x41 as a Dolby to Dolby headphone...
  4. Best option for connecting headphone/mic combo 3.5mm to xBox One X when keyboard and Mouse...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Best option for connecting headphone/mic combo 3.5mm to xBox One X when keyboard and Mouse...: Best option for connecting headphone/mic combo 3.5mm to xBox One X when keyboard and Mouse are in use? Current configuration: Mouse to rear usb Keyboard to 2 rear usb ? Audio and mic combo...
  5. Dolby Atmos for Headphones Code Redeemed with New Product

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Dolby Atmos for Headphones Code Redeemed with New Product: Hi there, I have received a brand new Plantonics 800HD headset. In the box along with the headset you get a redeem voucher for the dobly atmos software (which is great). However, upon attempting...
  6. Problème mon casque et micro ne fonctionnent pas sur mon XBOX ONE S [Problem my headphones...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problème mon casque et micro ne fonctionnent pas sur mon XBOX ONE S [Problem my headphones...: Bonjour, j'ai un casque avec micro qui fonctionnait très bien. Du jour au lendemain le micro n'a plus fonctionné et maintenant le casque ne fonctionne plus non plus. Je pensais qu'il s'agissait du...
  7. Controller shuts off while watching movies on certain apps despite having headphones...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller shuts off while watching movies on certain apps despite having headphones...: Hi, as of late my controller will just shut off mid video and leaves me to constantly keep turning it on again or scrambling to move the analog stick just to buy myself some time. This issue only...
  8. Headphones not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphones not working: I was playing fortnite and i removed my earphones for a second, and when i plugged them back on , icouldnt hear anything. But i was still able to talk through the mic and could hear and...
  9. Headphones and iPhone xboxapp

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphones and iPhone xboxapp: So when on my xbox i can join a party and hear the game perfectly but cant hear anyone and they cant hear me. Only when i use my iphone to connect to the xbox app and that same party can we hear...
  10. Problemi microfono cuffie xbox one con Fortnite[Translation-Xbox One headphone microphone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problemi microfono cuffie xbox one con Fortnite[Translation-Xbox One headphone microphone...: Salve a Tutti, Ho un problema con il microfono delle cuffie della xbox con il gioco Fortnite. Prima di fare upgrade di firmware riuscivo a sentire i miei amici alle cuffie, ma loro non sentivano...