Headphone jack broke after not very much use on both of my controllers

Discus and support Headphone jack broke after not very much use on both of my controllers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; On both of my controllers the headphone jack just moves around, side to side, and due to this i can sometimes get it into the right spot but if I even... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DR507, May 11, 2019.

1. DR507
    DR507 Guest

On both of my controllers the headphone jack just moves around, side to side, and due to this i can sometimes get it into the right spot but if I even lightly move it the headphones disconnect, I have tried multiple pairs of headphones and it still does
    nothing. I have only had my xbox since christmas so is this a common issue, and is there anything i can do. Also I have restarted my xbox multiple times and I I'm not getting any muted symbols when I'm in parties, the headphone jack just moves around.

:)

DR507, May 11, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there DR507,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with the 3.5mm jack on the Xbox One Controller. I recommend to try contacting
    Customer Support
    or further assistance or visit the
    Device service and Repair
    site to see if your controller is under warranty.

Try this out and let us know the results.
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi DR507,

Thanks for the update with your reply. When a controller's headphone jack has been damaged and is no longer working, if in warranty, then the controller would simply be replaced instead of repaired. Sadly, if both of your controllers have
    exceeded their warranty, then you simply would need to replace them.

Alternatively, if the controller itself is working just fine, you can try using an Xbox One stereo headset adapter. This is something that other gamers have tried in this sort of situation and it has proven to work in many, many cases. For a bit more
    information on the headset adapter, I recommend our support article entitled Connecting a compatible headset
    to Xbox One

I recommend giving this some consideration as it is worth a try.

Hope this helps a bit more.
  4. DR507 Win User

Unfortunately both of my controllers exceed their warranty, could you give me an estimate in USD as to how much replacing the jack would be?
  5. isp0tz Win User

Scratchy/Distorted System Sounds after Summer Update

I have the same problem when using a headphone through the controller headphone jack.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Headphones

If your headphones have a 3.5 mm jack and your controller supports it then simply plug the headphones into the hole in the front of the controller. If the controller does not have the jack then you'll need to purchase a headphone adapter for the controller.
Thema:

1. Headphone jack broke after not very much use on both of my controllers - Similar Threads - Headphone jack broke

2. 3.5 mm headphone jack not working at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    3.5 mm headphone jack not working at all: I bought a new special edition Xbox One controller in February that IS still under warranty. The 3.5 mm headphone jack has never worked on it. When I plug in my headset, it does not register as...
  3. Headphone Jack not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone Jack not working: I have bought 4 different Xbox one controllers and 3 different headsets now and they all quit working within a week. I am really sick of this, and I want something done about it....
  4. Xbox One basic controller (white) female headphone jack not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One basic controller (white) female headphone jack not working: Hello, I've done all the trouble shooting. It is clear that the female headphone jack on the 6 month old controller packed with the Xbox One S no longer works. Everything else works on the...
  5. Xbox headphone jack broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headphone jack broken: My headphone jack on my standard xbox one s remote is broken. Ive tried multiple aux cords and multiple headsets. The remote doesnt seem to recognise that their is anyrhing plugged in conssidering...
  6. Xbox One Elite Controller Headphone Jack Audio Quality

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Elite Controller Headphone Jack Audio Quality: Hello there! I was wondering if the Elite controller had some sort of an improvement over the standard Xbox One controller headphone jack as in audio quality, if basically the sound was any...
  7. Xbox One Controller No Audio Through Headphone Jack & Chatpad!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller No Audio Through Headphone Jack & Chatpad!: To clarify first, THE HEADPHONE JACK ON THE CONTROLLER IS WORKING. I tested it on my PC and it worked fine. However, connected to my Xbox One I receive nothing from it. I have tried a chatpad,...
  8. Xbox one controller headphone jack stopped working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller headphone jack stopped working?: I use a SADES 807 gaming headset, yesterday my headphone jack stopped working, it’s not an old controller, I just got it for christmas new in the box, I’ve tried taking out the batteries,...
  9. Need to fix headphone jacks on controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need to fix headphone jacks on controllers: Every controller I get, the headphone jack gets wobbly and disconnected from the actual thing, so whenever I touch it, the sound goes to one side or just cuts off. I know it's not the headphones...
  10. Xbox One Controller Headphone Jack Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Headphone Jack Issue: The audio from the headphone jack on a brand new Xbox One controller has stopped working for my brother. There are no control sliders appearing on the settings tab to control the headset or mic...