Headphone/Mic issue

Discus and support Headphone/Mic issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a pair of Turtle Beaches that work when I plug them into my PC, but not my xbox. My xbox won't recognize the mic. I tried a hard reset I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HipMeMeGuy22, Oct 1, 2019.

1. HipMeMeGuy22
    HipMeMeGuy22 Guest

Headphone/Mic issue

I have a pair of Turtle Beaches that work when I plug them into my PC, but not my xbox. My xbox won't recognize the mic.

I tried a hard reset

I tried updating the controller

I bought a new controller

Not sure what my issue is or what else I can do. Any suggestions?

:)

HipMeMeGuy22, Oct 1, 2019
  2. DanMen334 Win User

Headphone/Mic issue

but, they don't work when you want to talk by chat or if you want to stream, if it's when you want to stream down the level from 10 to 20 and 100 to the microphone and the voice will be heard, if it's for normal chat update your control or verify that
    the audio microphone is activated
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Headphone/Mic issue

Do not plug the Xbox One controller into a USB port on your Xbox One console while the headset is connected to the Xbox One controller. This can cause audio distortion or connection issues. If you're charging your Xbox
    One controller, we recommend plugging it into a separate Wall USB Adapter, or charging the controller when it's not in use.

1. Connect the headset to a mobile audio device (tablet, smartphone, mp3 player, etc) and play a song or video you're familiar with. If you're able to hear the song/video through the headset clearly, then the headset is working properly
    and the issue may be with the Xbox One controller.

If you're unable to hear sound through the headset clearly when it's connected to a mobile device, then there may be an issue with the headset itself. In that case, please
    contact support.

If you can hear the smartphone audio clearly, but are still experiencing audio issues when the Recon 50X is connected to your Xbox One controller, but the controller is not plugged in to charge, continue to Step 2.

2. Please make sure your Xbox One controller is fully updated to the latest firmware, using one of the methods detailed here.

If the issue still persists, please continue to Step 3.

3. Try the following, in order.

• Replacing the batteries in your Xbox One controller with brand new, non-rechargeable batteries
    • Try using a different Xbox One controller (Make sure that different Xbox One controller is

updated
      ).
    • Replace the Xbox One Headset Adapter (if you're using an older Xbox One controller with an adapter).
    • Restart your Xbox One: If your profile automatically signs in, sign out and sign back in when the console powers back on.
    If these steps did not resolve the issue, continue to Step 4.

4. Try using the standard Xbox One Headset included with the console to see if you have the same issue.
  4. Schlaric Win User

Headset microphone not working

it couldn't be router settings for the issue I'm having all my headphones with inline mics don't work but anything with an actual mic works fine
  5. Ookttah Win User

Mic on new controllers with 3.5mm built in Audio port

Yes, both controllers fully updated.

Mic is at2020usb+, headphones are the apple earbuds, phone is the Nexus 5.

I'm using the audio out port on the mic and connecting that to the mic port of the splitter, and the headphones to the headphones port of the splitter, and the combo port to the controllers.
  6. EM1 B16A2 Win User

Looking for the Best headset, any Ideas?? Not Astros please

I just use dj Sony headphones and a Jabra wired mobile phone mic. headphones cost 80 mic cost 10 bucks
Thema:

Headphone/Mic issue

1. Headphone/Mic issue - Similar Threads - Headphone Mic issue

2. Adjust volume of headphones that has no mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adjust volume of headphones that has no mic: If I plug in a headphone that contains a microphone into the controller then you will see the Settings Audio option, and from here you can adjust the volume level. But if you plug in a headphone...
  3. TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio...

in XBoX Accessibility
    TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio...: Hi all, Just a bit of advice as I'm pretty sure I'm not doing something correctly. I have a pair of bluetooth headphones from TaoTronics. I wanted to use these with my Xbox One and purchased a...
  4. Headphones / mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphones / mic not working: Hi the mic icon next to the battery icon is muted and no matter what we do it will not change. This is why we believe the headphones / mic is not working. We have re-assigned controllers, bought...
  5. Mic on my headphones is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic on my headphones is not working: I keep receiving the following message when i plug in my headset, the headset is brand new and it still does not work “unable to find microphone for these people” i have tried all the...
  6. Mic/headphones/streamer mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic/headphones/streamer mic: So i have a Streaming mic and headphones that dont have a mic. If i plug the headphone into the controller and the mic into the xbox will i be able to chat in parties and game or do i have to get...
  7. Volume greyed out on controller settings - mic / headphones not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Volume greyed out on controller settings - mic / headphones not working: My sons headphones and mic have stopped working and the microphone icon is always crossed out. The headphones have been checked on other devices and work. I have seen forums saying to go into...
  8. headphone/mic fault

in XBoX on Consoles
    headphone/mic fault: Hi all, Can anyone advise me how to remove this mute icon? I have tried youtube tutorials and asking in store but no luck. It has be like this for months and he is driving me mad about it. Any...
  9. Headphones and mic doesn’t work Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphones and mic doesn’t work Xbox One: Split from this thread. I'm having the same problem. Xbox One S. New controller and new headset, both bought from the Microsoft store. Tested set-up in store, worked great. Got it home and the...
  10. Mic and Headphone issues while streaming on Xbox One for Windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic and Headphone issues while streaming on Xbox One for Windows: Is anyone else having this problem? I am on the TV, everything is working fine, I am chatting in party with friends and playing games. Wife gets home and wants to watch something on TV, so I...