Headphone mic not working, how to enable?

Discus and support Headphone mic not working, how to enable? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi folks I have a Logitech G432 headphone and mic. The 3.5mm plug has 3 rings...two for stereo and one for the mic. It came with a 3.5mm splitter,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pvillerob, Aug 1, 2020 at 4:12 AM.

1. Pvillerob
    Pvillerob Guest

Hi folks

I have a Logitech G432 headphone and mic. The 3.5mm plug has 3 rings...two for stereo and one for the mic. It came with a 3.5mm splitter, and some sort of USB adapter. I've tried plugging this adapter into a USB port on the console, but nothing happens.
    Not sure what it's for or how it's supposed to be used.

I have since resorted to using a DAC connected to the Toslink output on the console to get audio in my phones that doesn't turn off from non use in the middle of play, like with the controller, and achieve decent volume.

So, questions:

How do I get the microphone on my headset to work with the console? Or is that even possible? (I have read that there is only 1 headset mic that works with Xbox. Is that true?)

I thought maybe if I used the splitter, one going to my DAC, the other going to the USB adapter and USB port, then the mic would be detected by the console, but no.

So how is one supposed to be able to use a mic?

Incidentally, when I start the system, I see a message next to my screen name that says,"kinect device not detected, voice command will be disabled". Does that have anything to do with anything?

:)

2. lanikane Win User

Headset Adapter and Beats Studio Headset

@Monty Airline

How did you manage do use Kinect as mic while your headphones are connected to the controller? As soon as I plug in my headphones into the Stereo Headset Adapter my Kinect won't work as mic anymore... Strange thing is, this also happens if my headphones
    don't have an integrated mic
  3. DOL3MITE Win User

Stereo headset adapter and apple earbud problem

My stereo headset adaptor just arrived today. Trying to figure out how the mic works with apple earbuds and/or my SOL Republic headphone mic.
  4. Borss39 Win User

Will my Turtle beach X41 work on Xbox one? if not why not?

The headphones will work but not the mic until they release an adapter.
  5. mcris21 Win User

Mic Problems

Its built into the cord that i connect to the headphones but the cord didnt originally come with the headphones but the mic does work
  6. MaxBarron Win User

Xbox One S 3.5mm controller - mic doesn't work

I went out and bought a Turtle Beach XO 4 Stealth and it works with the module and without. However, my headphones do not work with the module. So I am wondering if it is how the headphone delivers the mic signal. It can differ between headsets. Perhaps
    something in the update changed the detection or how it handles the input?
Thema:

1. Headphone mic not working, how to enable? - Similar Threads - Headphone mic working

2. Mic is working but headphones arent

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic is working but headphones arent: Hey guys my mic is workin but the headphones dont produce any sounds. Plz help b0900cd6-b443-4aeb-bb01-13eb73edfec1
  3. Headphone detachable mic stopped working for xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone detachable mic stopped working for xbox: So a few months back I purchased a gaming headset (crosshair hs35) and I've been using the mic for a few months but since yesterday it stopped working. If I blowhard in the mic it makes a sound...
  4. TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio...

in XBoX Accessibility
    TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio...: Hi all, Just a bit of advice as I'm pretty sure I'm not doing something correctly. I have a pair of bluetooth headphones from TaoTronics. I wanted to use these with my Xbox One and purchased a...
  5. Headphones / mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphones / mic not working: Hi the mic icon next to the battery icon is muted and no matter what we do it will not change. This is why we believe the headphones / mic is not working. We have re-assigned controllers, bought...
  6. Mic on my headphones is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic on my headphones is not working: I keep receiving the following message when i plug in my headset, the headset is brand new and it still does not work “unable to find microphone for these people” i have tried all the...
  7. Volume greyed out on controller settings - mic / headphones not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Volume greyed out on controller settings - mic / headphones not working: My sons headphones and mic have stopped working and the microphone icon is always crossed out. The headphones have been checked on other devices and work. I have seen forums saying to go into...
  8. Headphones and mic doesn’t work Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphones and mic doesn’t work Xbox One: Split from this thread. I'm having the same problem. Xbox One S. New controller and new headset, both bought from the Microsoft store. Tested set-up in store, worked great. Got it home and the...
  9. Headphones and mic doesn’t work Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphones and mic doesn’t work Xbox One: My son uses headphones with mic connected with a 3,5 mm cable. All of a sudden the sound in the headphones disappear. When we try to fix it we cannot get in to the volume menu under console...
  10. Headphones & mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphones & mic not working: Hi there! I've got an xbox last year and I have purchased like 5 or 6 headphones 'cause it happens that suddenly the mic stops working, at first I thought I had mess up with the headphones but I...