Headphone's microphone not recognized by the controller

Discus and support Headphone's microphone not recognized by the controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Dear All, we recently bought a second-hand Xbox One X and my son tried to play Fortnite with same cabled headphones he used when he played the same... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AndreaVenturino, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Headphone's microphone not recognized by the controller

Dear All,

we recently bought a second-hand Xbox One X and my son tried to play Fortnite with same cabled headphones he used when he played the same game on the laptop. The sound from the game was correctly heard from the headphones but none could hear his voice. I used another couple of earphones that I used with my smartphone and voice was not heard, I did a test with Xbox Skype test call and I could not record my own voice.

Then I tried another earphone and finally it worked.

What was the difference between earphones? The jack , if it has two grooves the controller cannot use the microphone but if the jack has three grooves then the controller can use the microphone. The laptop and smartphone can use the microphone even if the jack has only 2 grooves but the controllers (both of them) cannot.

Just want to help someone else that could have this problem.

Ciao.

:)

AndreaVenturino, Jun 11, 2021
  2. Vault Scrivener Win User

USB microphone not working on Xbox one

I have a USB adopter for my headphones.

I used this USB adopter connected to my headphones plugged into my USB port on my Xbox One X.

The USB port does not recognize my device. Another account has replied to your question with this information.

Their is an audio port on the Xbox controllers, this port is designed for input / output audio.

I use a microphone plugged into my headphones, sometimes.

I tried the USB port, no Audio category was displayed on my Dashboard UI on the Profile & system section.

I have heard and agree that USB transfers audio, as a higher quality compared to the microphone / headphones cable-prong.
  3. Edgarour Win User

Headphones not working on xbox

then the headphones / microphone are already failing, try another control and if they work, it may be the input of your control, you will have to replace it
  4. mikebolan2 Win User

Xbox One Controller trouble

Yes I am. My controller will not recognize headphones
  5. JJ0823 Win User

Xbox One wireless controller issues

No, it doesn't work when I plug it into the console. It doesn't recognize it so it doesn't let me assign it to a profile.

I heard that you could use both your headphones and microphone when streaming if you wire it to a PC. Without it, only my headphones work.
  6. MauroTheOwner Win User

Controller doesn’t recognise my Headset

What brand are they? for example those of iphone doesn’t recognize the microphone or have you tried others?
    I tried my Qware and Turtle Beach headsets and some Samsung headphones. Also can i use microsoft wireless headphones for the Xbox then? Those are from microsoft but they are wireless.
Thema:

Headphone's microphone not recognized by the controller

1. Headphone's microphone not recognized by the controller - Similar Threads - Headphone's microphone recognized

2. headphones/microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    headphones/microphone: I have the Beyerdynamic DT 990 pro I use them for my pc mainly but I also use them for my xbox but they have no microphone is there a way I could buy a separate microphone and use adapters of...
  3. Microphone issue when plugging headset into 3.5mm, long RadioShack headphones extender cable

in XBoX on Windows
    Microphone issue when plugging headset into 3.5mm, long RadioShack headphones extender cable: Not the best with wording so bear with me, please. I recently had to get a headphone extender cable since I had moved my laptop on top of my desk and made it go onto a monitor. I found a...
  4. Right in the middle of my game my microphone stopped working but my headphone continued to work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Right in the middle of my game my microphone stopped working but my headphone continued to work: My microphone has decided to stop working in the middle of my game, my friends can't hear me anymore but I can still hear them and hear the sound of my games! I have tried with 2 microphone, 4...
  5. Is their a wireless microphone (not headphone or ear piece) for Xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is their a wireless microphone (not headphone or ear piece) for Xbox one?: Can anyone tell me if their is a wireless microphone, I can use for Rock Band 4 for my xbox one? Not a headset. Either a strianght "no", if "yes" can you please tell me brand and model? TY...
  6. Problemi microfono cuffie xbox one con Fortnite[Translation-Xbox One headphone microphone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problemi microfono cuffie xbox one con Fortnite[Translation-Xbox One headphone microphone...: Salve a Tutti, Ho un problema con il microfono delle cuffie della xbox con il gioco Fortnite. Prima di fare upgrade di firmware riuscivo a sentire i miei amici alle cuffie, ma loro non sentivano...
  7. micro du casque [headphone microphone]

in XBoX on Consoles
    micro du casque [headphone microphone]: je ne plus parler avec mon groupe, je ne sais pas comment remettre le son de mon micro merci [Translation-I no longer talk with my group, I do not know how to put the sound of my microphone thank...
  8. Headphones work but not my microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphones work but not my microphone: All works but the microphone not work c5d1d15b-b7fc-4fc4-83dc-45f71c9f9718
  9. Auriculares con micrófono no son detectados [Translate] Headphones with microphone are not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auriculares con micrófono no son detectados [Translate] Headphones with microphone are not...: Hasta hace unos meses utilizaba auriculares de 3,5 para escuchar y hablar. Desde hace un tiempo no los reconoce. El único que reconoce es el original de la consola que tiene 1 auricular. Cambiaron...
  10. xbox one headphone microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one headphone microphone: I just bought my son an xbox one A10 headset to replace an older one (3 months) that stopped working. He can hear others on it but the microphone will not work. Nobody can hear him. I've been...