Headphones not letting me hear background audio

Discus and support Headphones not letting me hear background audio in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Okay, so I've had this problem for a couple months now. Whenever I plug in any of the headphones I have into the Xbox controller, I used to be able to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GoldenSniper874, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Headphones not letting me hear background audio

Okay, so I've had this problem for a couple months now. Whenever I plug in any of the headphones I have into the Xbox controller, I used to be able to hear background audio and be able to hear other people talking in my mic. I have found no problems in
    my settings at all and this issue has been quite annoying.

:)

GoldenSniper874, Apr 16, 2019
  2. BasicallyImH20 Win User

I've had this problem too and the worst part is i don't know it got resolved. I did give a xbox a break for a week and hooked it fixed it's self which it did for me, you could try this buy no guarantees
  3. angelicviki Win User

If there's no chat mixer option it seems as though the console isn't recognising the headphones correctly.

What headphones are you using?

If the headset has its own built in mixer then these options will not be displayed in the xbox menu. If you're using headphones such as the hands free for your phone or others without a built in mixer then there should be an audio setting in the system menu
    - I've attached a picture if how that looks for me. The headset chat mixer balances the game sound with the party chat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. GoldenSniper874 Win User

I don't think the model would matter. They used to work before, now they don't.
  5. GoldenSniper874 Win User

There have been no posts on this in the last 4 days. Is there even a fix for this issue?
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there GoldenSniper874,

Thanks for reply and update on the issue with not being able to hear the background audio.

To help clarify:

• When you talk about background audio, are you referring to the in-game music and sfx.
    • Does this happen in every game?
    • Have you tried another controller?
    • Have you checked the audio settings?
      • Xbox Button
      • System Tab
        • Audio
          • Adjust - Headset Chat Mixer

Let us know, so we may further assist.
Thema:

1. Headphones not letting me hear background audio - Similar Threads - Headphones letting hear

2. TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio...

in XBoX Accessibility
    TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio...: Hi all, Just a bit of advice as I'm pretty sure I'm not doing something correctly. I have a pair of bluetooth headphones from TaoTronics. I wanted to use these with my Xbox One and purchased a...
  3. Headphone jack not working properly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone jack not working properly?: Hey so yesterday the controller audio jack stoped working. I tried everything, reset the controller, the default settings, etc. Today I tried to plug in my headset that I use only for thus...
  4. Dolby Atmos issue for headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos issue for headphones: i used the trial a few months ago for my controller connected headset, it worked fine. i just purchased it now, and it just says "Get set up or connect headphones" after selecting the correct...
  5. 3.5mm headphone Jack

in XBoX on Consoles
    3.5mm headphone Jack: I have the purple fortnite special edition xbox one s console and controller and recently the 3.5mm headphone jack stopped working, we have tried various headsets to no luck, but if you use one of...
  6. Adapter for Xbox1 audio-usb headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adapter for Xbox1 audio-usb headphones: Hey everyone! I've recently bought new headphones for pc gaming and but they have a usb connection. I completely forgot that the Xbox1 controller is a 3.5mm jack connection ‍♀️ I saw online a...
  7. DTS and L:CPM encodede movie discs on Xbox One's Dolby Atmos Headphone app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DTS and L:CPM encodede movie discs on Xbox One's Dolby Atmos Headphone app: I don't know what the Xbox Prime's Dolny/DTS options were.. On the 360, when I bought a Turtle Beach X41, there was an option to turn DTS movies into Dolby using the 360. It worked on DVDs and HD...
  8. The controller does not detect any headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    The controller does not detect any headphones: After connecting the headphones, the controller does not detect them. I do not hear YouTube, my friends and they me too. I don't know what to do about it. a57e1eeb-596c-4036-b00e-01464482a860
  9. Headphones / mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphones / mic not working: Hi the mic icon next to the battery icon is muted and no matter what we do it will not change. This is why we believe the headphones / mic is not working. We have re-assigned controllers, bought...
  10. We are an Italian club, let friendly people, with headphones and for twenty years and older ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We are an Italian club, let friendly people, with headphones and for twenty years and older ...: We are an Italian club, let friendly people, with headphones and for twenty years and older .... we will have fun even if you do not speak English well .... of course for one,in perspective for...