Headphones not letting me hear background audio

Discus and support Headphones not letting me hear background audio in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Okay, so I've had this problem for a couple months now. Whenever I plug in any of the headphones I have into the Xbox controller, I used to be able to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GoldenSniper874, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Headphones not letting me hear background audio

Okay, so I've had this problem for a couple months now. Whenever I plug in any of the headphones I have into the Xbox controller, I used to be able to hear background audio and be able to hear other people talking in my mic. I have found no problems in
    my settings at all and this issue has been quite annoying.

:)

GoldenSniper874, Apr 16, 2019
  2. BasicallyImH20 Win User

I've had this problem too and the worst part is i don't know it got resolved. I did give a xbox a break for a week and hooked it fixed it's self which it did for me, you could try this buy no guarantees
  3. angelicviki Win User

If there's no chat mixer option it seems as though the console isn't recognising the headphones correctly.

What headphones are you using?

If the headset has its own built in mixer then these options will not be displayed in the xbox menu. If you're using headphones such as the hands free for your phone or others without a built in mixer then there should be an audio setting in the system menu
    - I've attached a picture if how that looks for me. The headset chat mixer balances the game sound with the party chat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. GoldenSniper874 Win User

I don't think the model would matter. They used to work before, now they don't.
  5. GoldenSniper874 Win User

There have been no posts on this in the last 4 days. Is there even a fix for this issue?
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there GoldenSniper874,

Thanks for reply and update on the issue with not being able to hear the background audio.

To help clarify:

• When you talk about background audio, are you referring to the in-game music and sfx.
    • Does this happen in every game?
    • Have you tried another controller?
    • Have you checked the audio settings?
      • Xbox Button
      • System Tab
        • Audio
          • Adjust - Headset Chat Mixer

Let us know, so we may further assist.
Thema:

1. Headphones not letting me hear background audio - Similar Threads - Headphones letting hear

2. When I plug my headphones into my controller my system turns off. What am I doing wrong?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I plug my headphones into my controller my system turns off. What am I doing wrong?: When I plug my headphones into my controller my system turns off. What am I doing wrong? 6caa890c-ed2d-47d3-8266-1281927c194a
  3. Doblt atmos for headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doblt atmos for headphones: Hi I got a Dolby Atmos for headphones code for Xbox via a RIG 500HX purchase for my son , If I redeem the code to set up the Dobly Atmos for headphones on my xbox account can he use it on his...
  4. Help please...setting up new headphones to xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help please...setting up new headphones to xbox: Please help me get my son's new headphones connected to xbox. (Dolby) b9ba7c91-f82d-487d-ab5d-a25942a3454a
  5. Can someone help me set up new headphones to xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone help me set up new headphones to xbox: Can someone please help me set up new headphones to xbox please. e22e6261-3002-4ae3-b774-bc467dc68b28
  6. Wireless headphones output for Dolby Atmos

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless headphones output for Dolby Atmos: Hey guys what's going on, I for the past few months have been dealing with an issue with the original xbox one regarding my audio output. Every day I turn my xbox on, my sound output defaults to...
  7. micro du casque [headphone microphone]

in XBoX on Consoles
    micro du casque [headphone microphone]: je ne plus parler avec mon groupe, je ne sais pas comment remettre le son de mon micro merci [Translation-I no longer talk with my group, I do not know how to put the sound of my microphone thank...
  8. cuffia stereo [stereo headphones]

in XBoX on Consoles
    cuffia stereo [stereo headphones]: non mi funziona il microfono, difetto o sbaglio qualcosa (ha funzionato 2 gg poi ha smesso) [Translation-the microphone does not work, I have a defect or something wrong (it worked 2 days then...
  9. How to use USB headphones on XBox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to use USB headphones on XBox One S?: My son got a new headset from his grandma for Christmas. They do not work when just connecting to the usb on the xbox. Is there an adapter I can buy, or how can I get them to work?...
  10. We are an Italian club, let friendly people, with headphones and for twenty years and older ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We are an Italian club, let friendly people, with headphones and for twenty years and older ...: We are an Italian club, let friendly people, with headphones and for twenty years and older .... we will have fun even if you do not speak English well .... of course for one,in perspective for...