Headphones not letting me hear background audio

Discus and support Headphones not letting me hear background audio in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Okay, so I've had this problem for a couple months now. Whenever I plug in any of the headphones I have into the Xbox controller, I used to be able to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GoldenSniper874, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Headphones not letting me hear background audio

Okay, so I've had this problem for a couple months now. Whenever I plug in any of the headphones I have into the Xbox controller, I used to be able to hear background audio and be able to hear other people talking in my mic. I have found no problems in
    my settings at all and this issue has been quite annoying.

:)

GoldenSniper874, Apr 16, 2019
  2. BasicallyImH20 Win User

I've had this problem too and the worst part is i don't know it got resolved. I did give a xbox a break for a week and hooked it fixed it's self which it did for me, you could try this buy no guarantees
  3. angelicviki Win User

If there's no chat mixer option it seems as though the console isn't recognising the headphones correctly.

What headphones are you using?

If the headset has its own built in mixer then these options will not be displayed in the xbox menu. If you're using headphones such as the hands free for your phone or others without a built in mixer then there should be an audio setting in the system menu
    - I've attached a picture if how that looks for me. The headset chat mixer balances the game sound with the party chat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. GoldenSniper874 Win User

I don't think the model would matter. They used to work before, now they don't.
  5. GoldenSniper874 Win User

There have been no posts on this in the last 4 days. Is there even a fix for this issue?
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there GoldenSniper874,

Thanks for reply and update on the issue with not being able to hear the background audio.

To help clarify:

• When you talk about background audio, are you referring to the in-game music and sfx.
    • Does this happen in every game?
    • Have you tried another controller?
    • Have you checked the audio settings?
      • Xbox Button
      • System Tab
        • Audio
          • Adjust - Headset Chat Mixer

Let us know, so we may further assist.
Thema:

1. Headphones not letting me hear background audio - Similar Threads - Headphones letting hear

2. my control's headphones input is failing

in XBoX on Consoles
    my control's headphones input is failing: Can I connect headphones through a USB adapter to my console? 60e5b029-9f55-4d02-9858-1786be2f6289
  3. Cannot hear audio when headphones connected to my Xbox one controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot hear audio when headphones connected to my Xbox one controller: I bought a new Xbox one controller from Walmart with a warranty. Had it for about six months, but I cannot hear any audio. I tried connecting several headphones, no luck. But my headphones work on...
  4. Headphone/Mic issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone/Mic issue: I have a pair of Turtle Beaches that work when I plug them into my PC, but not my xbox. My xbox won't recognize the mic. I tried a hard reset I tried updating the controller I bought a new...
  5. Dolby Atmos stopped working on headphones, headset Xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos stopped working on headphones, headset Xbox one x: Hello I bought Dolby atmos some time ago. All was good and working without any problems, yesterday I noticed Dolby has stopped working and the app dolby acces on xbox do not see my headset. I have...
  6. Arctis 7 headphones

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Arctis 7 headphones: Hi guys just purchased these for my son, but I cannot get the to work on his xbox one?? anyone know how? TIA :) 6934173b-bd37-410b-a616-27db28a542f2
  7. DTS X headphone support

in XboX Insiders
    DTS X headphone support: seeing this is supported on windows 10 will it be supported for xbox one submitted by /u/CDG_King_Tut [link] [comments]
  8. Auriculares con micrófono no son detectados [Translate] Headphones with microphone are not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auriculares con micrófono no son detectados [Translate] Headphones with microphone are not...: Hasta hace unos meses utilizaba auriculares de 3,5 para escuchar y hablar. Desde hace un tiempo no los reconoce. El único que reconoce es el original de la consola que tiene 1 auricular. Cambiaron...
  9. Disconnect joystick and headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disconnect joystick and headphones: Hello, For some time now, I have been playing games, and all of a sudden, the controller and the headset do not work anymore. It's also impossible to turn it off. Only solution, press the ON /...
  10. We are an Italian club, let friendly people, with headphones and for twenty years and older ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We are an Italian club, let friendly people, with headphones and for twenty years and older ...: We are an Italian club, let friendly people, with headphones and for twenty years and older .... we will have fun even if you do not speak English well .... of course for one,in perspective for...