Headphones not working

Discus and support Headphones not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Headphones are not connecting to my controller which is wireless. I have two of them one from the box of the console and one from another box and none... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Daneal James Canayon, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Headphones not working

Headphones are not connecting to my controller which is wireless.

I have two of them one from the box of the console and one from another box and none was able to connect to the headphones. It always uses the tv speaker. The controllers were brand new. Please help

Edit - i opened the box around the month of June

-do i need xbox headphones for it?

-do i need some kind of adapter?

-is my controller damaged?

-what do i do?

-i have an Xbox One S

-what details do you need to solve this problem?

Also pls make server for the philiphines

It took me a long time to type this with a controller

:)

Daneal James Canayon, Aug 28, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Headphones not working?

As the page that XBF Javier R linked to explains, the console can't know if you use the headset for chat only or for game sound as well, and will not mute the TV sound output.

If you don't get game audio from your headset, but chat sound is working, then go to the settings, and under "Display & Sound" enable game sound through your headphone.

Unless you have bought the Dolby Atmos for Headphones app (and not only the free trial app), you should use Stereo or Windows Sonic to get game sound from your headphones.

If neither game sound nor chat sound is coming from the headset, try the headset on a different controller, or try different headphones on your controller (e.g. earplugs that came with your smartphone or something like that).
  3. onyxishere Win User

Headphones not working

Sorry to hear it. Please try unplugging the headphones then replug them in to see if that helps. If it does not then try a power cycle on the console by holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds till it shuts down.
  4. AridLizard Win User

Headphones not working

press the Xbox button then press RB 3 times to get to the
    Xbox settings.

under the Display & Sound options you will find the Volume button.

select that and you can select whether Party Chat is played through the headset, TV or both.

hope that helps
  5. XBF Ruben D Win User

Headphones not working

Hello Daneal James Canayon,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. In regards to your headphones not connecting to your controller, have you tried to
    Update the controller? If not, I would recommend tryin this as a solution, I would also recommend trying
    to connect the controller to your console with a USB cable then connecting your headphones to your controller.

I would also suggest trying this support article for Troubleshooting Xbox headset issues. if you require further assistance
    please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
  6. XBF Erick C Win User

Headphones not working

Hey there!

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums. Sorry to hear you are running into this problem with the Headset not working properly on the console. I know this has been something that affects some users and one thing that has worked get this issue resolved
    is to use an Adapter for the headset to connect to the controller instead of plugging it in directly to the controller.

Helpful Troubleshooting:

Xbox One Chat Headset Troubleshooting

Set up and Troubleshoot your Xbox One Stereo Headset

Can you please let us know what type of headset you are using (brand/manufacturer/model) so that we can see if there is any information we can provide specific to the headset.
Thema:

Headphones not working

1. Headphones not working - Similar Threads - Headphones working

2. TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio...

in XBoX Accessibility
    TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio...: Hi all, Just a bit of advice as I'm pretty sure I'm not doing something correctly. I have a pair of bluetooth headphones from TaoTronics. I wanted to use these with my Xbox One and purchased a...
  3. Headphone jack not working properly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone jack not working properly?: Hey so yesterday the controller audio jack stoped working. I tried everything, reset the controller, the default settings, etc. Today I tried to plug in my headset that I use only for thus...
  4. Headphones / mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphones / mic not working: Hi the mic icon next to the battery icon is muted and no matter what we do it will not change. This is why we believe the headphones / mic is not working. We have re-assigned controllers, bought...
  5. Headphones not working on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphones not working on xbox: Need help!! Headphones / mic has stopped working on xbox & gone through all the online help but still cant clear this, headset / mic works on other devices & have tried other headsets in both...
  6. Multiple Xbox One wireless controller's headphone jack stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple Xbox One wireless controller's headphone jack stopped working: Hello, I have seen this question posted on many threads, but it won't answer my question. This happened on 2 controllers, along with many other people that have the same prob;em. The headphone...
  7. Both headphones and Controllers stopped working with the 3.5mm jack not detected on Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Both headphones and Controllers stopped working with the 3.5mm jack not detected on Xbox...: Hi I am having the same problem at the moment, The game I was playing ''Apex Legends'' was all working perfectly with sound through the headphones then when I turned off the Xbox for a couple of...
  8. Mic on my headphones is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic on my headphones is not working: I keep receiving the following message when i plug in my headset, the headset is brand new and it still does not work “unable to find microphone for these people” i have tried all the...
  9. Apple headphone on xbox app windows 10 not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Apple headphone on xbox app windows 10 not working: I use apple headphones to talk on discord and any other games but for some reason when i play sea of thieves my headphones do not work in the xbox party or in game. I've checked my privacy...
  10. 3.5 mm headphone jack not working at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    3.5 mm headphone jack not working at all: I bought a new special edition Xbox One controller in February that IS still under warranty. The 3.5 mm headphone jack has never worked on it. When I plug in my headset, it does not register as...