Headphones not working

Discus and support Headphones not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Headphones are not connecting to my controller which is wireless. I have two of them one from the box of the console and one from another box and none... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Daneal James Canayon, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Headphones not working

Headphones are not connecting to my controller which is wireless.

I have two of them one from the box of the console and one from another box and none was able to connect to the headphones. It always uses the tv speaker. The controllers were brand new. Please help

Edit - i opened the box around the month of June

-do i need xbox headphones for it?

-do i need some kind of adapter?

-is my controller damaged?

-what do i do?

-i have an Xbox One S

-what details do you need to solve this problem?

Also pls make server for the philiphines

It took me a long time to type this with a controller

:)

Daneal James Canayon, Aug 28, 2019
  2. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

Headphones not working

Hello! Did you try to restart the console? Have you tried another phone? Do you use an adapter for the phone in the control or connect directly to the output?
  3. crazydude1965 Win User

Headphones not working

I sometimes have this issue i just unplug and stick it back in a few times usually works but notalways
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Headphones not working?

As the page that XBF Javier R linked to explains, the console can't know if you use the headset for chat only or for game sound as well, and will not mute the TV sound output.

If you don't get game audio from your headset, but chat sound is working, then go to the settings, and under "Display & Sound" enable game sound through your headphone.

Unless you have bought the Dolby Atmos for Headphones app (and not only the free trial app), you should use Stereo or Windows Sonic to get game sound from your headphones.

If neither game sound nor chat sound is coming from the headset, try the headset on a different controller, or try different headphones on your controller (e.g. earplugs that came with your smartphone or something like that).
  5. onyxishere Win User

Headphones not working

Sorry to hear it. Please try unplugging the headphones then replug them in to see if that helps. If it does not then try a power cycle on the console by holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds till it shuts down.
  6. AridLizard Win User

Headphones not working

press the Xbox button then press RB 3 times to get to the
    Xbox settings.

under the Display & Sound options you will find the Volume button.

select that and you can select whether Party Chat is played through the headset, TV or both.

hope that helps
Thema:

Headphones not working

1. Headphones not working - Similar Threads - Headphones working

2. When headset chat mixer is full right comms comes Through tv, so stops working on headphones

in XboX Insiders
    When headset chat mixer is full right comms comes Through tv, so stops working on headphones: [IMG] submitted by /u/bradstandard92 [link] [comments]
  3. Headphones not working when connected to pc via bluetooth.

in XBoX on Windows
    Headphones not working when connected to pc via bluetooth.: Hi, just want to ask. My xbox one controller's headphones work when connected via usb but when I connect it via bluetooth the headphones won't work. This is on pc environment. What can I do to...
  4. Headphones not working for xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphones not working for xbox controller: So i have some headphones,for some good time they worked but yesterday they didn't receive sound anymore.The headphones work perfectly connected to a phone or a laptop.What should I do?...
  5. the headphone input is not working on both of the controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    the headphone input is not working on both of the controllers: what am i meant to do to make it work 06467925-b693-4290-bd13-0e885ae27f66
  6. My kotion each g2000 headphones don’t work in my Xbox it’s being detected and I can hear...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My kotion each g2000 headphones don’t work in my Xbox it’s being detected and I can hear...: Ive made sure my controller is up to date and still nothing all my other headphones work the only reason i could think is i need and adapter because theres two 3.5mm jacks...
  7. My headphone jack does not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headphone jack does not work: My headphone Jack doesnt work e28a95cb-811e-44cf-929a-b7be63d6299b
  8. Dolby Access / Dolby Atmos for Headphones: NOT Working At All

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby Access / Dolby Atmos for Headphones: NOT Working At All: Hello! I am having issues activating Dolby Access. In the General settings, I am unable to switch the headset audio to the Dolby Atmos for Headphones. I own this product, but it simply does not...
  9. My Recon 200 Turtle Beach Headphones are Not Working

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Recon 200 Turtle Beach Headphones are Not Working: I just bought these things yesterday and have done everything within my power to attempt to get these to work, I've restarted my Xbox countless times, Used 4 different controllers, Updated my...
  10. Xbox app headphones / audio not working on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app headphones / audio not working on PC: I have seen posts on this same issue and do not see a fix. Hoping a new thread will bring new ideas for a fix from Microsoft. Clearly many people are experiencing the same problem. My headphones...