Headset adapter compatibility

Discus and support Headset adapter compatibility in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have a pair of BOSE QC15 headphones with the inline mic and I was wondering if this is compatible with the stereo headset adapter for xbox one?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jcxbox23, May 26, 2014.

1. jcxbox23
    jcxbox23 Guest

Hi, I have a pair of BOSE QC15 headphones with the inline mic and I was wondering if this is compatible with the stereo headset adapter for xbox one? I've seen conflicting reports online so I wanted to ask before purchasing. Thanks!

:)

jcxbox23, May 26, 2014
  2. _vandit
    _vandit Guest
    _vandit, May 26, 2014
  3. TobyHoover
    TobyHoover Guest
    TobyHoover, May 26, 2014
  4. TheVet96 Win User

I cannot be heard in Xbox live party chat, but I can hear others and gameplay, adapter seems to be in working order.

Hello Mimi!

Below is a list of non-compatible headsets:

Non-compatible headsets

The following headsets are incompatible with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter:

• Mad Catz Tritton Warhead headset
    • Mad Catz Tritton Primer headset (Mad Catz offers an adapter for the Primer headset to convert the 2.5-mm audio jack to a 3.5-mm audio jack. Contact Mad Catz for support.)
    • The Xbox 360 Wireless Headset and Xbox 360 Wireless Bluetooth Headset
    • Headsets with this 2.5-mm connector will not work because of the connector format. This connector includes a long, cylindrical pin in the middle of the connecting side that does not fit into the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.

More info on using compatible headsets with the adapter.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox...ible-headset#047ca027eaf44c428f2799723b43aebc
  5. cookieater821 Win User

Xbox one App

•Some third-party products come with a stereo headset adapter that may look different from the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter made by Microsoft, but they all function the same way.

•You can only connect an Xbox 360 Chat Headset using the stereo headset adapter with a 2.5-mm to 3.5-mm converter, which comes with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter. The Xbox One Stereo Headset does not include this adapter cable.

support.xbox.com/.../connect-compatible-headset
  6. TobyHoover Win User

Question About New Headset Adapter Before I Purchase.

7. malrats Win User

Microsoft NEEDS to release a Stereo Adapter software/firmware update ASAP.

There is no official surround headset. The headsets I used with the adapter were all Turtle Beach. Fully compatible with Xbox One when using the adapter.
  8. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Chat won't go through headset

If you're using the new adapter your headset MUST be CTIA and not OMTP (iPhone compatible)

If it works on an iPhone (chat) then it will not work on Xbox One via the stereo adapter.

Sound will always work

Gotta go here:
    support.xbox.com/.../connect-compatible-headset
Thema:

1. Headset adapter compatibility - Similar Threads - Headset adapter compatibility

2. Headset adapter compatibility

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset adapter compatibility: Hello everyone,I have just one question: if I buy the Xbox one controller adapter for headsets would my turtle beach ear force tango be 100% functional? If not,what I would lose? Thanks for the...
  3. Original Xbox Headset Compatible Xbox One Chat Adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox Headset Compatible Xbox One Chat Adapter?: I always loved the design of the original Xbox headset. You know the one that went around the back of the head. Anyway, I was wondering if it was possible for the that headset to be compatible...
  4. Xbox One Headset Adapter Compatible with any 4 Pole 3.5mm to 2.5mm?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Headset Adapter Compatible with any 4 Pole 3.5mm to 2.5mm?: is the xbox one chat adapter compatible with any 4 POLE 3.5mm male to 2.5mm female adapter for the mic for voice chat? using for splitter for pvr recording and streaming!...
  5. Headset adapter compatible with Razer kraken neon Pro?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset adapter compatible with Razer kraken neon Pro?: I currently have the Razer Kraken neon Pro and I'm planning on buying the headset adapter but I'm aware people are having trouble with it, is there another adapter in the making or do I have to...
  6. Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter Compatibility Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter Compatibility Question: I'm planning on buying an xbox one in the next week or so... But I don't want to have to buy a new headset. I have an older headset for my xbox 360 that I know will not work due to it being the...
  7. xbox one headset adapter compatible with Sharkoon xtatic s7?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one headset adapter compatible with Sharkoon xtatic s7?: Hello there I wanted to buy the xbox one Headset Adapter. But i'm nut sure at all if this will works with my Sharkoon xtatic s7headset. At the insert plug of the mic-cable, there is this stupid...
  8. Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter compatible with PS Pulse?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter compatible with PS Pulse?: Hi everyone, I'd like to ask whether the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter is compatible with the PS3 Pulse Elite Edition Headset. Can I use the headset for chatting and game sound? I'd be...
  9. Headset adapter question- what's compatible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset adapter question- what's compatible?: I went into gamestop and looked at the adapters, and the associate told me that I should be careful since the adapter will only work with certain types of headphones. I have a pair of headphones...
  10. Xbox Stereo Headset Adapter Not Compatible With Studio Beats?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Stereo Headset Adapter Not Compatible With Studio Beats?: I recently purchased the adapter and i have audio for games but the mic is not working. I have done everything I can but nothing seems to work. Pleas keep in mind that I have updated the...