Headset adapter problems!! :(

Discus and support Headset adapter problems!! :( in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am having issues with my new chat adapter!? I purchased it from gamestop about a week ago. I own a pair of Turtle Beach X42 . The audio from game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JIMMERPLUNGER, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Headset adapter problems!! :(

I am having issues with my new chat adapter!? I purchased it from gamestop about a week ago. I own a pair of Turtle Beach X42 . The audio from game sounds great but once i either try to join a party or just chat the headset goes crazy?!? It does have a cracking
    sound but even more annoying is that i cant control the chat audio from the headset cord like i always had!? In order to turn the chat volume down i have to turn down the game volume also? I used to be able to control these independently!! my game audio is
    controlled by both chat cord and the headset ? If i have it tuned all the way up the chat is crazy loud! And its a battle of game noise or chat PLEASE FIX

:)

JIMMERPLUNGER, Mar 15, 2014
  2. rythemx
    rythemx Guest
    Headset Adapter Problems

bobby, this is the problem i'm having as well. stereo adapter always stuck on mute. i can hear everyone, game sound, i just can't talk. the cheap xbox adapter works just fine, and i've already tried everything under the sun.

it seems to be a hardware issue with the stereo adapter.

rythemx, Mar 15, 2014
  3. mafia1614
    mafia1614 Guest
    Headset Adapter Problems

i have the same problem, one of you guys solve the problem?

mafia1614, Mar 15, 2014
  4. TowableBadge689 Win User

xbox one controller disconnects???

Has anyone returned their headset or headset adapter to see if a new headset adapter fixed this issue?

I am beginning to think that it might be a problem with the headset adapter and not the firmware update.

This doesn't seem to be an epidemic but more of an isolated problem for certain customers.
  5. LtLogicon Win User

When is Microsoft going to fix the Headset always muted widespread problems?

This problem is widespread and I believe it is a problem with Microsoft. After doing some research, the only solution that appears to work is by having a stereo headset adapter such as this
    one

I personally haven't had any problems with headsets, it is just luck of the draw. It really sucks.
  6. Wotan-92D42AFD-FB9F- Win User

Mic stopped working all of a sudden!!! Please help

Are you using a headset adapter or one of the newer controllers that have the headphone jack? If you're using a headset adapter you wont be able to see that menu, so it must be some other problem.
  7. Marysvillain Win User

4 Headsets gone in a month

Having actually tested the headsets out multiple times I've come to the conclusion that the problem is with the adapter. The cord that connects your headset to the adapter is the cord that is continuing to short out on me. I bought a new adapter today (my
    3rd or 4th) and my headsets all work again. So i guess this is the cost of buying a headset that is not made specifically for the xbox one. you will have to replace your adapter regularly. At least I can stop throwing money out the window on headsets now.
    Not that they are that much more expensive than the adapter anyways..
  8. PGAloom Win User

Headset Adapter Problems

The mute will only activate if you try and update. DO NOT UPDATE when it prompts you. We have 360 Astro A40's, and out of the box, adapter works fine.
Thema:

Headset adapter problems!! :(

1. Headset adapter problems!! :( - Similar Threads - Headset adapter problems

2. Hello my name is Aidan and I am having problems with my cereal headset adapter it is stuck ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello my name is Aidan and I am having problems with my cereal headset adapter it is stuck ...: my Xbox one stereo headset adapter is stuck on mute I push the button and it doesn't work I try to update the controller it says it doesn't need to be updated please help me I don't know what to...
  3. Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter Problem: Hello, I recently purchased an headset adaptater for xbox one and I have a problem. 1. I've purcharsed it 1 month ago then today it started to not working 2. I've done every update on the Xbox...
  4. Serious problem with the "Xbox One Headset Adapter"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Serious problem with the "Xbox One Headset Adapter": There is a severe echo anytime I have the mic activated as well as game audio coming through the headset. The only fix I can find is turning off the headset game audio and putting the chat audio...
  5. Headset Adapter for Elite Controller and RIG 500's Problem.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Adapter for Elite Controller and RIG 500's Problem.: I recently bought an elite controller. I have had a rig 500 headset for a small while along with an adapter. After I synced the controller to the Xbox, I plugged in my headset adapter and to check...
  6. Microphone problems? G430 Headset Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone problems? G430 Headset Adapter: Hello, So I'm trying to use a Logitech G430 headset on my Xbox One, but things are looking too well. I have purchased the Xbox One headset stereo adapter and the Startech.com headset adapter...
  7. Having a headset problem after buying a new headset, new stereo adapter and new controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having a headset problem after buying a new headset, new stereo adapter and new controller.: Ok so my mic supposedly "beeps" and everyone in the party can hear it except me. I checked the party chat and my mic does light up randomly when I'm not talking, so that means the beep is...
  8. Xbox One headset adapter & Astro Gaming headset problems.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One headset adapter & Astro Gaming headset problems.: So I bought a pair of Astro Gaming A40 headset for my Xbox One and the Microsoft headset adapter so I can use my mic instead of the kinect. But every time I plug in my cable to the adapter the...
  9. XB1 Headset adapter problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Headset adapter problem: Hi all, I have now brought the headset adapter and tried to use it :( nothing happened. Now after some digging i believe i need to update my controller whilst the adapter is plugged into it...
  10. Stereo headset adapter problems with game sounds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stereo headset adapter problems with game sounds.: I bought the official headset adapter the other day and today I installed it. I have already updated my controller as well. I noticed a problem with the sound however. Some sounds, mainly...