Headset and controllers

Discus and support Headset and controllers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son has tried 4 different controllers and 2 different (working) headsets with his Xbox one and we cannot get any sound. We can hear others in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by sarahmoss1, May 10, 2019.

1. sarahmoss1
    sarahmoss1 Guest

Headset and controllers

My son has tried 4 different controllers and 2 different (working) headsets with his Xbox one and we cannot get any sound. We can hear others in the party through the tv but it does not register the headset when we plug it into the controllers. We have
    tried new controllers wireless and wired. The headsets are 2 different brands that say Xbox compatible. Could it be something in the settings? Surley 4 controllers can't be broken??

:)

sarahmoss1, May 10, 2019
  2. BuffaloBuns Win User

Xbox One Chat Headset not turning on

BOught a stereo headset as well as a new controller. wouldn't you know- the old headset works fine with the new controller and the new headset doesn't work with old controller.

Problem- DEAD controller headset port.
  3. El Mago tv Win User

controller audio problem

• Disconnect the headset or unplug the headset cable from the bottom of the controller, and then reconnect it firmly to the controller (in the expansion port for a headset or the 3.5-mm port for a 3.5-mm chat headset).
    • Make sure the headset is not muted. To do this, check the mute button on the headset controls. (For a headset, the mute button is on the left side of the connector that is plugged into the expansion port of the controller. For a 3.5-mm chat headset, the
      mute button is a slider button on the front of the audio controls that are in the middle of the headset cable.)
  4. Sanana94 Win User

No Game Volume From Headset

Hey there, It can easily be that the jack on your controller/headset is broken.

I'm going to list a few things to try (if you can).

1) Try the headset in another controller.

2) Try the headset in another device.

3) Try another headset in the controller. (for example your phone headphones)

If the headset works in another device, than it might be your controller.

If the headset works in another controller, than it's your controller for sure.

If another headset works in your controller, we can also assume that headset/jack is broken.

Let me know :)
  5. InsectCentaur37 Win User

Xbox controller reset

Try to use the headset to another controller.

If your headset works to another controller, then it is an issue with your controller that might need to be replaced or repaired.

You can try first to use another headset to the controller ( the one where your headset it not working ) to see if it is an issue with the headset.
  6. El Mago tv Win User

Mute symbol permanently on

• Disconnect the headset or unplug the headset cable from the bottom of the controller, and then reconnect it firmly to the controller (in the expansion port for a headset or the 3.5-mm port for a 3.5-mm chat headset).

If you have a 3.5-mm chat headset, never pull on the headset cable when removing it from your controller. Remove your headset from your controller by pulling on the body of the headset plug.

• Make sure the headset is not muted. To do this, check the mute button on the headset controls. (For a headset, the mute button is on the left side of the connector that is plugged into the expansion port of the controller. For a 3.5-mm chat headset, the
      mute button is a slider button on the front of the audio controls that are in the middle of the headset cable.)
    • Increase the audio. If you're using a headset plugged into the 3.5-mm port, go to Settings, choose Devices & accessories, and then select your controller and adjust your audio options.
    • Try using a different controller or headset to check for a hardware malfunction.
    • Update your controller to make sure you have the latest software. See Attach an Xbox One Chat Headset to an Xbox One Wireless Controller.
Thema:

Headset and controllers

1. Headset and controllers - Similar Threads - Headset controllers

2. Headset stopped working with wireless controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Headset stopped working with wireless controller: My son's headset has stopped working with his Xbox One wireless controller. He's only had it since Jan and was working fine to start with. Can't seem to find any way to contact Microsoft in NZ to...
  3. Xbox One X - wireless controllers & headsets (Turtle Beach Stealth 600) disconnect from console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - wireless controllers & headsets (Turtle Beach Stealth 600) disconnect from console: There is an obvious issue with the wireless used for connecting controllers, headsets, etc. I do not remember having this issue until I purchased an Xbox One X and I don't think it happened until...
  4. Wireless Headset and controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Headset and controller keep disconnecting: I just recently bought the Xbox one X and ive been having connectivity issues with it since I got it. At random points my controller will vibrate then disconnect, the controller stays powered on...
  5. Headset not working with controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working with controller: Hi Folks, Reaching out to the power and expertise of the community to see if anyone can help. My son has a TurtleBeach headset with an xbox one. Recently there has been a problem with the...
  6. Controller doesn't recognize headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller doesn't recognize headset: Since a week ago, my Xbox one S controller don't recognize neither of my headsets, it makes a single eletrical sound on the headset but does not show any connected devices on the controller. My...
  7. Xbox controller headset jack not working.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox controller headset jack not working.: Hello, I have an xbox one s controller that does not work with my headset. When I plug in the headset, no sound comes through, and the mic doesnt work. I know the headset is not broken because it...
  8. Purchased 2nd Xbox One S white wireless controller, not syncing with headset, headset still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchased 2nd Xbox One S white wireless controller, not syncing with headset, headset still...: Xbox One S bundle - original controller has issues, bought a new one, headset still works on original but not the new one. Can you help? b92fb42e-92ae-4158-b8a4-82493c94541a
  9. Headset doesn't work with Xbox One Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset doesn't work with Xbox One Controller: Hi fellow Xbox fans, hoping to find someone who could help me out with an issue.. Not long ago I got an Xbox Controller from the Design lab. It all worked fine until recently. The headset...
  10. No volume on headset connected to controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    No volume on headset connected to controller: We have lost all headset volume on our xbox one s. we are connecting the headset directly to the controller which itself is connected to the box. We have checked a few video/audio settings but all...