Headset and controllers

Discus and support Headset and controllers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son has tried 4 different controllers and 2 different (working) headsets with his Xbox one and we cannot get any sound. We can hear others in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by sarahmoss1, May 10, 2019.

1. sarahmoss1
    sarahmoss1 Guest

Headset and controllers

My son has tried 4 different controllers and 2 different (working) headsets with his Xbox one and we cannot get any sound. We can hear others in the party through the tv but it does not register the headset when we plug it into the controllers. We have
    tried new controllers wireless and wired. The headsets are 2 different brands that say Xbox compatible. Could it be something in the settings? Surley 4 controllers can't be broken??

:)

sarahmoss1, May 10, 2019
  2. BuffaloBuns Win User

Xbox One Chat Headset not turning on

BOught a stereo headset as well as a new controller. wouldn't you know- the old headset works fine with the new controller and the new headset doesn't work with old controller.

Problem- DEAD controller headset port.
  3. El Mago tv Win User

controller audio problem

• Disconnect the headset or unplug the headset cable from the bottom of the controller, and then reconnect it firmly to the controller (in the expansion port for a headset or the 3.5-mm port for a 3.5-mm chat headset).
    • Make sure the headset is not muted. To do this, check the mute button on the headset controls. (For a headset, the mute button is on the left side of the connector that is plugged into the expansion port of the controller. For a 3.5-mm chat headset, the
      mute button is a slider button on the front of the audio controls that are in the middle of the headset cable.)
  4. Sanana94 Win User

No Game Volume From Headset

Hey there, It can easily be that the jack on your controller/headset is broken.

I'm going to list a few things to try (if you can).

1) Try the headset in another controller.

2) Try the headset in another device.

3) Try another headset in the controller. (for example your phone headphones)

If the headset works in another device, than it might be your controller.

If the headset works in another controller, than it's your controller for sure.

If another headset works in your controller, we can also assume that headset/jack is broken.

Let me know :)
  5. InsectCentaur37 Win User

Xbox controller reset

Try to use the headset to another controller.

If your headset works to another controller, then it is an issue with your controller that might need to be replaced or repaired.

You can try first to use another headset to the controller ( the one where your headset it not working ) to see if it is an issue with the headset.
  6. KiNGG STiCkY Win User

Xbox headset not playing game or party audio but I can still hear myself when I monitor my mic.

Sounds like a headset or a xbox controller problem ... do u have another controller to try the headset in to see if its the controller that is the problem? Or do u have another headset to plug into the controller to see if the other headset is the problem?
Thema:

Headset and controllers

1. Headset and controllers - Similar Threads - Headset controllers

2. Headset and Controller issues....HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset and Controller issues....HELP: Hello, Out of 4 controllers, only 2 of them will allow a headset to work, they did work fine till recently. This has been tried with serval headsets and consoles making the problem the...
  3. My Xbox one controller won't detect my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one controller won't detect my headset: I just bought a brand new xbox one controller and have been using it for 2 or 3 days when suddenly my controller stopped detecting it. I have looked over other troubleshooting websites and know...
  4. Headset on Wired PDP xbox one controler

in XBoX on Windows
    Headset on Wired PDP xbox one controler: I recently bought a controller to play on pc. At first, everything was working fine, but a few weeks after the purchase, the audio stopped working through the controller. The computer detects the...
  5. Controller headset jack broke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller headset jack broke: Ive bought 3 controllers, all 3 have had broken headset jacks within the first couple months, its a waste of money i’m switching to ps4 72a25f61-2a47-4c49-80b5-fdf28b15a457
  6. Controller with Headsets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller with Headsets: I bought a brand new headset for my xbox. I plugged it into the audio port on my controller and there is no sound. Previously i used my husbands headset fine with my system and controller. The new...
  7. Xbox Headset and controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Headset and controller: So recently my headset would just randomly stop working, but it was no big deal I would simply just unplug the headset and plug it back in again. But now it just completely stoped working. I...
  8. Cant connect xbox headset to xbox new controller 3.5m jack

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect xbox headset to xbox new controller 3.5m jack: Hi I need help I cant connect my sons turtle beach headphones and chat to xbox he canr hear or speak to players we have tried starting a chat but audio function is not highlighted on screen so we...
  9. Xbox One S - No Sound Through Headset Connected to Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S - No Sound Through Headset Connected to Controller: The default controller that came with my Xbox One S is able to have a headset plugged in and I can have all sounds play through it (chat and game sounds). I have a second controller, the Sport...
  10. Using a headset with my Elite controller disables entire controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Using a headset with my Elite controller disables entire controller: Pretty much what it says in the title. If I try and use a headset or even earbuds with my Elite controller, it still shows power going to it, but it stops accepting input from buttons after a...