“Headset and Speakers” function not working with game chat.

Discus and support “Headset and Speakers” function not working with game chat. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have gamed on Xbox One for years and never had this issue and now have it while gaming on Xbox Series X. Issue: Game chat should be playing out of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pepsolman, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Pepsolman
    Pepsolman Guest

I have gamed on Xbox One for years and never had this issue and now have it while gaming on Xbox Series X.

Issue: Game chat should be playing out of both headset and speakers but does not when headset is used. Game chat in tv speakers is removed when headset is turned on. Gameplay audio is still heard in both devices, headset and speakers. Game
    chat is only heard in headset. Game chat should be heard in both devices when “headset and speakers” option is selected.

Here are the trouble shooting steps that I have taken:

• Restart console
    • Unplug console
    • Reset console to factory default
    • Uninstall game reinstall
    • Confirm problem happens on more than one game
    • Confirm that problem persists on multiple controllers and types - Xbox One controller and Xbox Series X
    • Updated firmware on controllers
    • Update firmware on wireless headset
    • Confirmed problem persist on multiple headsets both wired and wireless.
    • Confirm problem persists on multiple TVs

How do I fix this or will there be an update to Xbox Series X to fix this issue? It is not on the known issues list.

:)

Pepsolman, Jan 13, 2021
  2. FreakRoach Win User

Xbox one live - Haven't heard anyone on the mic for years.

You'll have to enable chat output to be both headset and speakers. To do so, go to Settings -> Display and Sound -> Volume. In the Party Chat Output select the option of Headset and Speakers.
  3. CriminalPurse74 Win User

Playing voice chat sound through TV instead of headset

I don't think it is possible unless you use a Kinect. But some games such as Destiny has this option in their setting to bypass audio from headset to TV speakers, however this only works for party chat & not game chat.
  4. Haunted Spider Win User

What do you use as a mic in game?

Azrael, the solution you provide is a lackluster solution. I stated the reason why above but so you don't have to go all the way to the top and read it again, I will re explain the issue.

The xbox one does not have the same feature that the xbox 360 has, which is the chat through speaker and headset. So, I have a polk audio Melee headset but it is connected to my xbox one with an Optical audio and a USB cable. this powers the headset and
    gives it audio from the game and chat. The xbox one looks at the optical out as speakers as most will use this port for running a sound system or something along those lines.

Now when you connect the xbox provided headset, it takes the chat from your team mates that used to go through the speakers and runs it through the headset, being the xbox one provided headset. What this means is the headset I am wearing to hear the game,
    the Polk Audio Melee that the xbox one registers as speakers, no longer gets game chat.

If xbox one had the play through speakers and headset option, there would be no issue, but they don't so I can either put the xbox one headset on and not hear the game, or put the one headset around my neck, and let my teammates hear me but me not hear them.

So your solution did not actually work.
  5. riffplayer88 Win User

Voice chat through speakers

Got chat to stop going through speakers. Chat now works with the provided headset:

Be sure you are logged in at the top of the screen by clicking your player card icon.
  6. II PARALLAX II Win User

How do I check if my mic is working in BF4?

the problem is if you plug in the included headset to your controller, it''s going automatically relegate all chat to that channel, sending and receiving ...when you don't have a mic plugged in, it relegates chat receiving to the same audio channel as game
    sound, i.e. you hear chat on your TV, speakers, or headset but the kinnect is the mic...but a as you plug something into the cotroller, then both sending and receiving chat is relegated there, so you no longer hear chat on your TV, speakers or premium headset
Thema:

1. “Headset and Speakers” function not working with game chat. - Similar Threads - “Headset Speakers” function

2. xCloud Remote Play - On connect, switches Speaker Audio to Headset

in XboX Insiders
    xCloud Remote Play - On connect, switches Speaker Audio to Headset: Setup: - From PC start xCloud xBox Game Streaming Test App - Connect to Xbox Series X located on local network in the house Issue: - Once connected, the following setting gets changed on the Xbox...
  3. Speaker Setting and Headset Setting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Speaker Setting and Headset Setting: I don't have an audio receiver that processes Dolby Atmos. I do have Astro A50's that work with Dolby Atmos. I would like to set the headphones to Dolby Atmos and speakers to bit stream out and...
  4. Xbox One thinks my MPOW HC5 headset is a speaker?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One thinks my MPOW HC5 headset is a speaker?: I got a new MPOW HC5 bluetooth headset today. It's mainly bluetooth, but it also has a 3.5 mm jack, with microphone support. I plugged it into my controller, joined a party, but the microphone is...
  5. Chat audio through headset and speakers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Chat audio through headset and speakers: I would like to chat on firtnite through our Xbox One to be heard through the headphones and the TV at the same time. I have set the Xbox settings to headset and speaker, but this doesn’t seem to...
  6. Hear in game chat through headset AND TV speakers playing Fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hear in game chat through headset AND TV speakers playing Fortnite: My son plays Fortnite and chats with friends through his headset (that was painful and took weeks and three different headsets to actually make it work, but that's another story!). I want the...
  7. Headset Alternative - Mic and Speaker?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Alternative - Mic and Speaker?: I don't really want to wear a headset to talk to my friend when I play Xbox live games with him. Is there a way to use a microphone and speaker instead? Are any available for the Xbox One?...
  8. Audio on both Headset and TV Speakers

in XBoX Accessibility
    Audio on both Headset and TV Speakers: I just bought a Xbox One X and when I plug in a headset to the controller the audio is on both the TV and headset. How do I make the audio only output to the headset plugged into my controller?...
  9. Unable to hear out of headset, but I can with TV speakers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to hear out of headset, but I can with TV speakers: I used to use a monitor with no audio as I relied on my headset to play sound for me. I just recently switched to a TV. Now it feels like the audio is glued to the TV speakers, and I want to get...
  10. XBOX ONE X PARTY CHAT SOUNDS TINNY ON HEADSET AND SPEAKER SETTING

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE X PARTY CHAT SOUNDS TINNY ON HEADSET AND SPEAKER SETTING: Hi , When i have my audio settings on ( Headset and Speakers ) the party chat that i hear sounds tinny but not when set to just ( Headset ) .Could anybody help . Thanks in advance ....