Headset audio only working when controller plugged in

Discus and support Headset audio only working when controller plugged in in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The headset for my wireless controller has been working fine until all of a sudden it stopped working the other day. The mic worked but I could not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Applejuice Man, Mar 24, 2020 at 3:43 AM.

1. Headset audio only working when controller plugged in

The headset for my wireless controller has been working fine until all of a sudden it stopped working the other day. The mic worked but I could not hear any sound (neither game nor chat). I bought a new headset but that did not work either. I tried on
    a different wireless controller but no luck. Then I tried on a wired controller and the sound suddenly returned. I tried on my wireless controllers again but still nothing. Then I tried plugging in a wireless controller to the Xbox's usb port and the sound
    returned, but when I unplug it the sound goes away again. Does anyone have a solution for the sound to work on wireless controllers without them being plugged into the Xbox?

:)

Applejuice Man, Mar 24, 2020 at 3:43 AM
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox One X - After update my controller dosen't detect any headset I plug in and there is no sound.

Hi there,

What is the specific headset you are plugging into the adapter?

Headset's, headphones, or earbuds with stereo sound will have the ability to have game audio along with chat volume that is adjusted with the adapter or in the "Audio" settings that will only appear when plugging into the 3.5mm port which you have confirmed
    was the issue with the original controller.

There are some headsets however that do not have stereo sound and are strictly only meant to chat with others, and are usually referred to as chat headsets. These tend to only have one earpiece whereas stereo headsets will have two.

If you have a stereo headset/headphones plugged into the adapter, then the chat mixer slider that is usually found in the "Audio" settings will be controlled on the adapter with the game controller icon button indicating the game audio volume and the button
    with the icon of a person indicates the chat audio volume.
  3. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

My afterglow lvl 1 headset can't hear game sounds

Do these come with a base or just a audio plug that goes into the controller?

The headsets with the bases accept audio from the console either via HDMI or Toslink.

Some of the controller plugs are an amp that do both Game Audio and Chat.

I think the headset you got is chat only.
  4. Cylon-855338B5-5C5E- Win User

XBOX One Chat Adapter & Turtle Beach Issue

Here's my weirdness chronologically with the Turtle Beach X41:

XB1 plugged into the X41 base using optical, and X41 headset plugged into the controller via the adapter. Adapter/controller is updated and audio set to 5.1/DTS.

Issue # 1: I got no sound from my X41 base. The volume controls on my X41 base and headset did nothing. The resolution is noted below.

Issue # 2: When I joined a party, I only heard chat audio from the controller to the X41 headset - there was no game/menu audio and issue # 1 continued. The volume control on the wire between headset and controller worked though, which makes sense since
    only chat audio was coming from the controller and nothing from the X41 base. Additionally the game chat balance (left buttons on adapter) worked OPPOSITE to what they should!! Pressing the controller increased the chat audio and lowered the game audio!!
    When I went into Titanfall, the chat balance buttons flipped and started working correctly - Pressing the controller increased the game audio and lowered the chat audio. Bizarre!!

Resolution: I was able to solve the no audio issue by changing my audio output to Stereo on the XB1. I now get game audio and chat through the X41 headset, and can control the audio with all volume controls on my X41.

It is a horrible kluge. The sound is terrible and doesn't work correctly as it did on the 360. Now if I want to watch a Blu-ray in DTS, I have to change the audio settings, so there's this back-and-forth all the time. I probably won't spend a lot on headsets
    again, I can tell you that much!!
  5. c6618dd7-33e5-4d5c-9 Win User

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Win10 PC: No rumble or headset audio support?

Hey everyone,

Audio worked out of the box for me. A USB Audio Device appeared when I plugged the Stereo Headset adaptor into the controller AND plugged headphones into the adaptor.

This is using a standard Xbox One controller (i.e. not an elite) via the wireless adaptor with v20.24.34.491 drivers.
  6. Viking360 Win User

Audio on both Headset and TV Speakers

FYI, on my original Xbox one
    when I plug in a headset into the controller the audio is redirected from the TV/HDMI to Headset and then when unplugged the audio is returned to the TV/HDMI.
Thema:

Headset audio only working when controller plugged in

1. Headset audio only working when controller plugged in - Similar Threads - Headset audio working

2. my headset audio isn't working correctly on my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    my headset audio isn't working correctly on my controller: I have been having issues with my xbox one controller, the headset audio is compressed and i can barely hear the audio at all. I've updated the controller, tried to clean out the aux port to see...
  3. Audio doesn't work on headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio doesn't work on headset.: Hi so for about a month now the audio in my headsets have not been working. I have tried all four of my remotes and about three different headsets and they didn't work. I have also noticed a muted...
  4. TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio...

in XBoX Accessibility
    TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio...: Hi all, Just a bit of advice as I'm pretty sure I'm not doing something correctly. I have a pair of bluetooth headphones from TaoTronics. I wanted to use these with my Xbox One and purchased a...
  5. Wireless Rig 800 Headset audio cut out. The headset works fine for like 4 seconds then cuts...

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless Rig 800 Headset audio cut out. The headset works fine for like 4 seconds then cuts...: [IMG] submitted by /u/xPhoenixFiresx [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox 1 S - audio output from headset no longer works

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 S - audio output from headset no longer works: My brother's Xbox one S (Bought new last April) has stopped working. The audio output to headsets doesn't work and Microsoft support pages have gotten us nowhere. We have restarted the console...
  7. Xbox LIVE headset - My voice won't work, but all other audio does.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox LIVE headset - My voice won't work, but all other audio does.: This is an odd problem I haven't had before. My headset (Astro A10's) still sends audio through the earpieces, however it won't send my voice at all. My mic won't flare and nobody can hear me....
  8. My headset audio wont work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset audio wont work: I cant hear anything when i plug my headset but when i plug my headset on my phone it works please help! 9382552c-ee3d-4e65-b7f6-b6bc7b08e68f
  9. My menu and Game audio are not working for my headset. Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My menu and Game audio are not working for my headset. Xbox One: I'm on a Hyper X Cloud Core Headset, and recently the right side stopped working. Well, I'm fine with playing with one ear for a while, so fine. But after about an hour of playing with just the...
  10. Game audio for Turtle Beach Recon 50x Gaming headset not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game audio for Turtle Beach Recon 50x Gaming headset not working: I had recently purchased my Turtle Beach Recon 50x Gaming headphones. Everything worked fine until all of a sudden, the game audio stopped working. Usually, there are 3 settings for the...