Headset audio problem on Xbox One

Discus and support Headset audio problem on Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I have an issue with audio coming through my Xbox One. I am connecting Turtle Beach Elite 800x. When I sign in to my profile I see the pop... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ballydupp, May 23, 2020 at 8:32 AM.

1. ballydupp
    ballydupp Guest

Hi all,

I have an issue with audio coming through my Xbox One. I am connecting Turtle Beach Elite 800x.

When I sign in to my profile I see the pop up ‘Headset Assigned’ but cannot hear through them, nor does the microphone show activity on setting up a party; in fact there is a very brief error message “We were unable to find a microphone for these people.
    Go to device settings” with a yellow exclamation mark!

The headset icon shows next to the controller battery life icon on Home. It looks set up in the Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories window. I have checked the cable and configuration set up on https://support.turtlebeach.com/hc/...34-Elite-800X-Xbox-One-Setup?mobile_site=true.

The headset will connect to my phone over bluetooth. I also have a pair of cabled Turtle Beach that don’t work but I am not 100% confident about them. It might indicate there is a problem with the Xbox but I’m not sure.

Hopefully I am being a dope and it is an easy fix, easily identified by one of the community, I dont have many options if not. Microsoft will not help me direct, they do not offer support on this, which is unfortunate as use of a headset is pretty integral
    to using an Xbox.

Any help or suggestions offered will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Ian

:)

2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Adjusting Party Chat Volume

Hi there Ka Kase,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with audio settings for a headset.

In order to receive the audio settings through the Xbox, you will need to plug in the headset to the controller. Once you connect the headset to the controller you will be able to change any audio settings such as the Party chat volume. Unfortunately, when
    you connect the headset to the tv you will only receive the audio from the TV.

Check out these articles:

Try this out and let us know the results.
  3. FriskiNiski Win User

Logitech G933 Patch

Hello karimsastre,

What problems are you having with this headset?

From the logitech support site -

Xbox One™

The G933 gaming headset can be connected to your Xbox One™ console using the included the 3.5mm audio cable.

1. Set the mode switch on the G933 gaming headset to Wireless Off mode for passive audio mode, or set to Wireless On mode for active audio mode with additional features.
    2. Connect the G933 gaming headset to the Xbox One™ controller using the included 3.5mm cable. NOTE: Older Xbox One™ controllers may not support direct 3.5mm cable connections and may require the Xbox One™ Stereo Headset Adapter (sold separately)
    NOTE: Headset will not operate via USB Wireless Mix Adapter on Xbox One.
  4. TobyHoover Win User

Will The Turtle Beach X32 Be Compatible with the new Xbox One Headset Adapter?

If you do not have the RCA out, the only way this would work is if the Headset uses the Optical Out of the ONE

To get in to details Turtle Beach Says: Please note that you will need to connect this headset to the stereo outputs from your TV or audio receiver for game audio and use the Kinect® for game chat with Xbox One.

www.turtlebeach.com/.../58

Microsoft Says:

The following 3.5-mm audio headset types are supported:

A single 3.5-mm audio cable headset.

A dual 3.5-mm audio cable headset with 3.5-mm CTIA audio cables.

A headset with chat audio provided by a 3.5-mm audio cable and game audio provided by a separate cable with RCA or optical connectors. (Only chat audio will be enabled through the Stereo Headset Adapter. For RCA/optical connectors [game audio], follow the
    manufacturer’s instructions to connect to the console.)

An Xbox 360 Wired Headset with a 2.5-mm audio cable. Connect to the Stereo Headset Adapter by using the 2.5-mm-to-3.5mm adapter that’s included with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.

support.xbox.com/.../stereo-headset-adapter
  5. LSpear76 Win User

Game audio through stereo headset?

6. TobyHoover Win User

Headset ?

To answer your question yes, but please read the whole post: Turtle Beach said:

Please note that you will need to connect this headset to the stereo outputs from your TV or audio receiver for game audio and use the Kinect® for game chat with Xbox One.

www.turtlebeach.com/.../344

Microsoft says:

The following 3.5-mm audio headset types are supported:

A single 3.5-mm audio cable headset.

A dual 3.5-mm audio cable headset with 3.5-mm CTIA audio cables.

A headset with chat audio provided by a 3.5-mm audio cable and game audio provided by a separate cable with RCA or optical connectors. (Only chat audio will be enabled through the Stereo Headset Adapter. For RCA/optical connectors [game audio], follow the
    manufacturer’s instructions to connect to the console.)

An Xbox 360 Wired Headset with a 2.5-mm audio cable. Connect to the Stereo Headset Adapter by using the 2.5-mm-to-3.5mm adapter that’s included with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.

See:
    support.xbox.com/.../stereo-headset-adapter
Thema:

1. Headset audio problem on Xbox One - Similar Threads - Headset audio problem

2. Problem with stuttering and lost audio in headset on Xbox One X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with stuttering and lost audio in headset on Xbox One X.: Hi, I have read that many has the same problem but I have still have not found a solution. When i play for example COD: Modern Warfare or Forza Horizon 4 the sound keeps chopping and stuttering...
  3. Problem with headset audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with headset audio: have a problem with my headset microphone. Suddenly it stopped working. I've tried everything until I restore the factory default, change of control. The updates are ok. Someone to help?...
  4. Problem with wireless headset not receiving audio since Skip Ahead Update

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with wireless headset not receiving audio since Skip Ahead Update: Wondering if anyone else is having issues with their wireless headsets? Since the last update (Skip-ahaed) I haven't been able to get my wireless headset (or my wifes) to work on my xbox. No...
  5. headset audio problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset audio problem: so i got a new headset and it worked fine for the first day but now its not working. i noticed that in the top right when its plugged in it shows a mic with a line through it and i cant change...
  6. Can anyone help solve a headset audio problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can anyone help solve a headset audio problem?: Headset audio stopped working - the console (xbox one s) didn't register that a headset was attached. It was a faulty controller, so we exchanged it and now have a new one. When the headset is...
  7. Headset audio problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset audio problem: I have been having issues recently with my headsets. I plug one into my controller, and I don’t get anything...the xbox does not even show there’s a mic or headset... any help?...
  8. Controller headset audio problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller headset audio problem: Can anyone suggest a fix for us. We have an xbox one and a wireless controller with a headset attached with the 3.5mm jack. Sound through the headset has stopped working. Was fine, stopped using...
  9. Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio: I can hear party chat and in-game chat in my headset, but I cannot hear audio. I have an xbox headset that came with my xbox one (purchased in 2015) as well as a butfulake gaming headset and the...
  10. Audio problem using chat headset on Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio problem using chat headset on Xbox one: Have a problem in that can't hear using chat headset in gameplay. Any ideas? Have used 2 different consoles, same issue on both (one brand new so still with factory settings). Have used 2...