headset audio

Discus and support headset audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; so i had a wireless headset that got replaced because it was broken. well the new one i got is kinda echoing and i can hear myself when i talk. so im... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mckennaflynn, Aug 14, 2019.

1. mckennaflynn
    mckennaflynn Guest

headset audio

so i had a wireless headset that got replaced because it was broken. well the new one i got is kinda echoing and i can hear myself when i talk. so im wondering if there is a way to pull up a audio setting area that has the mic monitoring. since its wireless
    and doesnt connect to the controller in anyway the audio area that pops up in the system tab doesnt show up. so is there anyway around this or some way to fix this??

:)

mckennaflynn, Aug 14, 2019
  2. Shevuaz Win User

My game has no sound...

Thx for the answer!

Does your monitor have built in speakers?

Nope

Do you have a headset you can try to see if you get sound that way?

I'm always using a headset and I've tried different ones on different controllers. The sound still works when you are not running any game or app. but as soon a game starts there is no sound.

What are your actual settings for audio?

Speaker audio:

HDMI audio - Headset format

Optical audio - Headset format

Bitstream format - Off

Headset audio:

Headset format - Windows Sonic for Headphones

Using HDMI or optica audio headset, not checked = no

Then it says:

"All audio is optimised for headsets right now. Once you unplug your headset, it'll go back to normal."
  3. TobyHoover Win User

Headset ?

To answer your question yes, but please read the whole post: Turtle Beach said:

Please note that you will need to connect this headset to the stereo outputs from your TV or audio receiver for game audio and use the Kinect® for game chat with Xbox One.

www.turtlebeach.com/.../344

Microsoft says:

The following 3.5-mm audio headset types are supported:

A single 3.5-mm audio cable headset.

A dual 3.5-mm audio cable headset with 3.5-mm CTIA audio cables.

A headset with chat audio provided by a 3.5-mm audio cable and game audio provided by a separate cable with RCA or optical connectors. (Only chat audio will be enabled through the Stereo Headset Adapter. For RCA/optical connectors [game audio], follow the
    manufacturer’s instructions to connect to the console.)

An Xbox 360 Wired Headset with a 2.5-mm audio cable. Connect to the Stereo Headset Adapter by using the 2.5-mm-to-3.5mm adapter that’s included with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.

See:
    support.xbox.com/.../stereo-headset-adapter
  4. TobyHoover Win User

Will The Turtle Beach X32 Be Compatible with the new Xbox One Headset Adapter?

If you do not have the RCA out, the only way this would work is if the Headset uses the Optical Out of the ONE

To get in to details Turtle Beach Says: Please note that you will need to connect this headset to the stereo outputs from your TV or audio receiver for game audio and use the Kinect® for game chat with Xbox One.

www.turtlebeach.com/.../58

Microsoft Says:

The following 3.5-mm audio headset types are supported:

A single 3.5-mm audio cable headset.

A dual 3.5-mm audio cable headset with 3.5-mm CTIA audio cables.

A headset with chat audio provided by a 3.5-mm audio cable and game audio provided by a separate cable with RCA or optical connectors. (Only chat audio will be enabled through the Stereo Headset Adapter. For RCA/optical connectors [game audio], follow the
    manufacturer’s instructions to connect to the console.)

An Xbox 360 Wired Headset with a 2.5-mm audio cable. Connect to the Stereo Headset Adapter by using the 2.5-mm-to-3.5mm adapter that’s included with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.

support.xbox.com/.../stereo-headset-adapter
  5. ForsaknTemplar Win User

Xbox One Steaming with Gen 3 A50s

I have speaker audio as: HDMI audio - stereo uncompressed; Optical audio - Bitstream out; and Bitstream format - Dolby Digitial. My headset audio is: Headset format - stereo uncompressed.
  6. jcsheehan Win User

the newer 3.5mm controller

The chat headset is designed to only give you chat audio, and leave game audio coming through your television.

Any other headset will give you both game and chat audio through the headset, whether you use the new controller or the older version with the headset adapter.
Thema:

headset audio

1. headset audio - Similar Threads - headset audio

2. Cant Hear audio On Third Party Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant Hear audio On Third Party Headset: I cannot chat or hear audio please help me i am using a third party headset b50355ef-503b-4a38-9763-ee59fc875560
  3. [Bug report] after wake up gamepad is no sound in headset connected to audio jack of gamepad

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Bug report] after wake up gamepad is no sound in headset connected to audio jack of gamepad: Hi, I am always listening music and playing games in my headset. It is very annoying for me when after wake up gamepad is no sound in the headset. For restoring sound in the headset I should...
  4. Headset Audio Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Audio Issue: When I am in an xbox live party my game volume is too low and voice volume is too high to where I cant hear the game. I have my chat volume on the lowest setting and game volume on the highest. I...
  5. Only party audio playing through headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only party audio playing through headset?: When I want to play game audio/music through my headset, it dosen't work. The only thing I can hear is party audio. Please help. d95e0c03-3518-4e80-ad75-9813399bf744
  6. Wireless Rig 800 Headset audio cut out. The headset works fine for like 4 seconds then cuts...

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless Rig 800 Headset audio cut out. The headset works fine for like 4 seconds then cuts...: [IMG] submitted by /u/xPhoenixFiresx [link] [comments]
  7. With Headset game audio gone

in XBoX on Consoles
    With Headset game audio gone: I have sound on my TV but when I plug in my Turtle beach headset my Game audio disappears but the headset is working for chat , I can hear friends ... please help...
  8. Issues with the Audio in the Headset.

in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Audio in the Headset.: Why they can’t fix the audio issues in the Dolby Atmos, I have the Dolby Atmos in headset and there’s so many pop up and issues with the audio, I have like a month with that. submitted by...
  9. Disconnecting headset (wireless/wired) causes video in Youtube and Dashboard audio to play...

in XboX Insiders
    Disconnecting headset (wireless/wired) causes video in Youtube and Dashboard audio to play...: Hi all, noticed this a couple weeks back but it's still doing it now. Happens 100% of the time with the wireless headset, 50+% of the time with wired. How to reproduce: Connect a wireless headset...
  10. Major Bug Notice | Headset Audio Cutting Out including Party Audio

in XboX Insiders
    Major Bug Notice | Headset Audio Cutting Out including Party Audio: THIS HAS BEEN AN ISSUE FOR NOW ALMOST 2 MONTHS WITH NO FIX IN SIGHT FOR ALPHA SKIP AHEAD USERS AND NEEDS MAJOR ATTENTION!! | THIS IS BOTH WIRELESS AND WIRED HEADSETS FOCUSED The issue can be...