Headset broken

Discus and support Headset broken in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Was talking earlier for a few hours with the headset working fine while watching Twitch. Then it cut and the other person could no longer hear me, but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JPotato, Mar 18, 2014.

1. JPotato
    JPotato Guest

Headset broken

Was talking earlier for a few hours with the headset working fine while watching Twitch. Then it cut and the other person could no longer hear me, but i was going anyway so i thought it would be alright once i turn it on later.

Now i have returned its still not working. With the headset not plugged in the other person can hear me through Kinect but i cannot hear them! With headset plugged in i can hear them through the headset but they cant hear me!

The headset lights up and beeps. So either the mic is broke or something in the settings is wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

JPotato, Mar 18, 2014
  2. Mic Not Working

Bought a third headset, ran straight through 3.5 Jack and we're back online. Guess just bad luck I purchased a broken headset trying to fix a broken one.

joey baltimore, Mar 18, 2014
  3. ERIC BOOM
    ERIC BOOM Guest
    Bluetooth Headset

Can a 3rd-party headset be used with a Bluetooth Adapter. My Xbox Headset just broke .

ERIC BOOM, Mar 18, 2014
  4. joey baltimore Win User

Mic Not Working

Bought a third headset, ran straight through 3.5 Jack and we're back online. Guess just bad luck I purchased a broken headset trying to fix a broken one.
  5. Major Keebler Win User

Headphone question ?

Microsoft, and Sony seem to have broken headsets.
  6. itsDeztiny Win User

Mic Constantly Stuck On Mute

There are a few things that could be the issue.

1. The account settings are set so that the account is unable to use voice chat of any kind.

2. The headset you are using is not compatable with the controller, or the wire for the headset is broken in some way.

3. The port for the headset on the controller is broken or just isnt detecting the headset. For me personally i have this issue with my headset since for some reason using my sound mixer attachment on my controller mutes my headset. A simple unplug and repluging
    of the headset fixes this issue.
  7. Sanana94 Win User

No Game Volume From Headset

Hey there, It can easily be that the jack on your controller/headset is broken.

I'm going to list a few things to try (if you can).

1) Try the headset in another controller.

2) Try the headset in another device.

3) Try another headset in the controller. (for example your phone headphones)

If the headset works in another device, than it might be your controller.

If the headset works in another controller, than it's your controller for sure.

If another headset works in your controller, we can also assume that headset/jack is broken.

Let me know :)
  8. FearedNightmare Win User

Broken Headset

Depending on your local laws you might be able to bring it back to the store where you bought it (with proof of purchase) and tell them that it broke. Depending on local laws they will also have a warranty service similar to MS where they will accept broken
    accessories within 90 days of purchase, that way you won't have to pay 10$ shipping.

But again this all depends on where you're from so you'll have to call the store maybe to see if they accept it back. Besides that there is no other option than to either pay or purchase a new one
Thema:

Headset broken

1. Headset broken - Similar Threads - Headset broken

2. XBOX Controller headsets assigne to broken controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Controller headsets assigne to broken controller: hi there this problem is beyond me. My son has a wireless controller and a wired controller. The headset was plugged into the wired controller but the connector inside this controller broke...
  3. Broken Headset ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Broken Headset ?: Whenever I try to record my voice on the recording software that comes with the Xbox One it does not seem to work and I have no Idea why my mic works but I can't do voice overs or anything...
  4. Headset Mic Not Working (Its not broken)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Mic Not Working (Its not broken): About a month ago I brought a new headset and sometimes the mic would stop working but it was an easy fix, but recently it happened again so I did what I normally did but it wasn't working. So I...
  5. Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Gaming Headset is broken (Mic)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Gaming Headset is broken (Mic): Recently my Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Gaming Headset just broke my mic stopped working and I just found out that my right soundbox doesn't work anymore either does anyone know if I can get money...
  6. 5 broken headsets

in XBoX on Consoles
    5 broken headsets: So ive been through 5 headsets for the xbox one and they have all broke.Im pretty good with tech but i dont what the problem is I think its the conrtoller 7e7152de-0ead-4aaf-8fa4-2425666e1ba5
  7. Stereo Headset is broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stereo Headset is broken: My stereo headset is broken at the side and now you can not use it properly. The whole thing happened when the headset was put on. 45bfc7f9-14d3-456c-86a6-947a9e4b89f9
  8. Xbox one Headset broken vs warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Headset broken vs warranty: Hi, I have two broken headset that are on warranty. I want to know ow to proceed to send those headset to be replace. Note that I am not able to register those headset. Thanks...
  9. Broken XBox One Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken XBox One Headset: Hi, I have an xbox one headset that the ear piece has broken on. I took it back to the shop I bought it from (its within warranty) and they said that they would have exchanged it, but that now...
  10. Second Stereo headset broken in exactly same spot!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Second Stereo headset broken in exactly same spot!: I bought an XBOX one headset at Bst Buy at Christmas. After 3 weeks, the headphone snapped off of the part that goes over your head. I returned it to the store and they replaced it in 2 weeks. I...