Headset chat mixer grayed out

Discus and support Headset chat mixer grayed out in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The headset chat mixer is completely grayed out to where I cannot click on it to adjust it. The main problem with this is I cannot hear game audio... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cbagel10, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Cbagel10
    Cbagel10 Guest

The headset chat mixer is completely grayed out to where I cannot click on it to adjust it. The main problem with this is I cannot hear game audio because the cursor is completely at the right and obviously stuck. How can I fix this? I see posts saying plug the headset in slowly but this does not work.

:)

Cbagel10, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Frathos Win User

headsets not working after last update Xbox one

Are you plugging your headset into your controller? If so then have you checked the console Chat Mixer settings to see if it has been set to 100% Game Audio? The newer Dashboard has the Chat Mixer at the bottom of the Xbox nexus Home tab (bottom right speaker
    icon). If you see the Headset Chat Mixer slider is all the way to one side (eg Game) then move it towards the other side. Normally it would be at 50/50 mark.

If you have an older Dashboard then you'll have to look for the tab that includes the Chat or Audio setting (sorry, I don't recall whether everyone has been updated to the newer Dashboard style yet) and check/change the adjustments there.

If you have a wireless headset (eg Astro A50 series) then the Chat Mixer setting is adjusted on the headset itself. I'm guessing you don't have this type headset though as the Chat Mixer setting usually resets back to the middle (50% Game, 50% Chat) every
    time the console is restarted. Note that when an Astro A50 series is connected, the console Chat Mixer settings are grayed out since you have to make the adjustments on the headset itself.

Good luck!
  3. xMiracleWorkAx Win User

headset chat mixer

Can you supply me with more info ?

What do you mean you can't "move" the chat mixer?

Is the slider grayed out?

If it is you can try putting the headset cord in slowly, and I mean very slowly. If you do it right, you should hear static as it's going in, then it will let you adjust it. Hope this helps!
  4. RobertErpelding Win User

Xbox one elite series 2 no audio

UPDATE.

I figured it out.

Hard reset the xbox with the headset plugged in. The new controller has the chat mixer turned all the way to chat and not to game . Put the mixer back to the middle and it works. Without the hard restart, the option to adjust the chat mixer is gone.
  5. R4VER Win User

Mic Echo on Xbox One

Settings

Display and sound

Volume

Party chat output

Set as (Headset)

Also on chat mixer put it as headset only. Its should cancel out feedback on your side.
  6. Liam Roberts Win User

Mixer grayed out on the guide.

I am having the exact same issue. Any help here MS would be grand.
Thema:

1. Headset chat mixer grayed out - Similar Threads - Headset chat mixer

2. headset chat mixer greyed out

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset chat mixer greyed out: After updating my xbox one controllers ive been having a problem of not being able to alter the chat mixer in the audio/music settings even with headphones being plugged in. i dont even talk to...
  3. Xbox wireless headset 2021 chat mixer not working!

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wireless headset 2021 chat mixer not working!: So I’ve had the new Xbox wireless headset for about 2 weeks and all was fine until 2 days ago the game audio was really low but the chat audio was high looking further I noticed the headset chat...
  4. Headset chat mixer inaccessible

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset chat mixer inaccessible: My headset chat mixer slider bar, as well as the headset volume and mic monitoring bars cannot be accessed from the Audio and music button on the Home panel. Only the "Search for a music app*...
  5. Xbox controller won’t let me adjust headset chat mixer, If I plug it in slow, I can hear...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controller won’t let me adjust headset chat mixer, If I plug it in slow, I can hear...: [IMG] submitted by /u/McKinleyKiwi [link] [comments]
  6. Headset chat mixer bar stuck

in XBoX Accessibility
    Headset chat mixer bar stuck: My headset chat mixer bar is stuck on party and i cant slide it. I have tried a different controller and a different headset. I have also checked for a system and controller update but there...
  7. Headset chat mixer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset chat mixer: I don't get why we still have the (headset chat mixer) even though mixer isn't with xbox anymore just doesn't make any sense at all. Fix your **** people at xbox....
  8. Headset chat mixer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset chat mixer: I don't get why we still have the (headset chat mixer) even though mixer isn't with xbox anymore just doesn't make any sense at all. Fix your **** the people at xbox....
  9. Headset audio broken, chat mixer slider bar greyed out.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset audio broken, chat mixer slider bar greyed out.: I left to go to the store and came back, turned my console on and my chat mixer bar was greyed out and i couldnt hear any audio. So i tried unplugging in pluggin in the headset, restarted the...
  10. Cant Change Chat Mixer At All - Wireless Headset

in XboX Insiders
    Cant Change Chat Mixer At All - Wireless Headset: Cant hear a single thing anyone says. I have a wireless headset so I can’t unplug and plug it in. I tried my hold headphones with a wire and they were able to change the chat mixer, but that...