Headset chat mixer not working

Discus and support Headset chat mixer not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So lately when I have been playing games I have been unable to turn down the other persons voice when chatting. When I go to the chat mixer it in audio... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ItsMaximus20, Mar 21, 2020.

1. ItsMaximus20
    ItsMaximus20 Guest

So lately when I have been playing games I have been unable to turn down the other persons voice when chatting. When I go to the chat mixer it in audio settings, the bar stays a solid color and will only turn the game down and not the voice of my friends.
    I have tried to soft reset, hard reset, factory reset, change controllers, change headsets, restart modem. I have always been set to headset only in audio settings and chat mixer is set to "do nothing". None of these things have helped. Does anyone know what
    could be the issue or something I could do that I have not listed? This has been happening for about a week and is beyond frustrating. Thanks in advance

:)

ItsMaximus20, Mar 21, 2020
  2. RobertErpelding Win User

Xbox one elite series 2 no audio

UPDATE.

I figured it out.

Hard reset the xbox with the headset plugged in. The new controller has the chat mixer turned all the way to chat and not to game . Put the mixer back to the middle and it works. Without the hard restart, the option to adjust the chat mixer is gone.
  3. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

no help just got off phone with xbox live call center ?

Hi Ozarkfox,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Forums!

From our understanding you are saying the mic does not work when friends are on mixer trying to chat with you but it works for friends not on mixer?

You also mentioned that it stopped working for in-game party chat for 7 Days to Die?

I know you said they can't hear you but you can hear them. Have you checked your mixer chat settings? You would go to: System, Settings, Display & Sound, Volume, and chat mixer. There you will adjust the settings to the appropriate level. What type of headset
    are you using (AfterGlow, Turtle Beach, Stereo, chat etc)

Check out
    Xbox One Chat Headset troubleshooting
    for more information.

Give this a try and we hope to hear back.
  4. blueyestm-[xboxvenue Win User

Headphones muted

I was just in chat because none of my headsets work and I also asked about that as well because mine does the same thing. Apparently it was from the update. I can't get that to unmute either. My main issue is that nobody can hear me via chat in party
    or game. I can hear them but they can't hear me. My chat mixer does not show up when I plug in the headsets. I've tried 2 different headsets and 2 controllers. Reset console and NAT settings in router. Nothing works. The chat mixer seems to be a bug
    which they are working on but I mean come on, I couldn't chat before this update so....

The headsets work testing Skype on the console and i tested them on the laptop so I know they function. It's really frustrating not being able to chat with your friends.
  5. Hulnia Win User

Only party audio playing through headset?

Headset chat mixer dosen't appear for me and the other two are at the maximum setting.
  6. R4VER Win User

Mic Echo on Xbox One

Settings

Display and sound

Volume

Party chat output

Set as (Headset)

Also on chat mixer put it as headset only. Its should cancel out feedback on your side.
Thema:

1. Headset chat mixer not working - Similar Threads - Headset chat mixer

2. Astro A50 Gen 4 headset not working in chat or game chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro A50 Gen 4 headset not working in chat or game chat.: So the last thread about the Astro A50 was not working is the same exact problem I was having. Brand new Astro A50 out of the box generation 4. No one can talk to me in Call of Duty Modern Warfare...
  3. capturing headset and game chat audio

in XBoX Accessibility
    capturing headset and game chat audio: When will you guys have a built in feature where it records your voice and gamechat as well as party chat, when recording clips? I would really like to see this feature come out and i know alot of...
  4. My headset works on Party Chat on xbox one, but when playing videos and other sounds, I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset works on Party Chat on xbox one, but when playing videos and other sounds, I...: Other sounds can be heard from HDMI (TV) but when we turned the HDMI off, we cannot hear anything. Even on headset. The headset is working just fine since I can talk to others via party chat but...
  5. Headset chat

in XBoX Accessibility
    Headset chat: My son has 3 headsets they all work on his switch. But on the x box the mic works one day and not the other. It’s really strange. Everything is set correctly. He can hear but he can’t talk. I have...
  6. headset chat mixer issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset chat mixer issue: After last update my headset chat mixer slider does not work. I slide it and it stays a solid color. I've tried hard reset and left it unplugged for 24 hours. Cleaned 3.5 plug, blew out controller...
  7. HEADSET CHAT MIXER MALFUNCTION

in XBoX on Consoles
    HEADSET CHAT MIXER MALFUNCTION: My Headset Chat Mixer is malfunctioning: when the slider is all the way to the right for 100% chat volume, the bar is red (which is normal). When the slider is moved to the left towards game...
  8. Chat mixer with headset and speakers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chat mixer with headset and speakers: Hi, when I enable party chat output through headset and speakers, the headset chat mixer does not work, so whatever adjustment I make, the audio in my headphone between party and game audio remain...
  9. Headset chat mixer slider missing from Volume settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset chat mixer slider missing from Volume settings: yesterday the headset chat mixer slider was in my settings but today it is not. 2nd gen Astro a50, 2.5mm/3.5mm cable from headset directly into 3.5mm port on controller. No adapter used. Why did...
  10. Missing the headset volume, headset chat mixer, & mic monitoring

in XBoX on Consoles
    Missing the headset volume, headset chat mixer, & mic monitoring: Under the setting tab that you can bring up from the left side of the screen, I do not have the option to adjust the headset volume, headset chat mixer, and mic monitoring. One picture is of how...