headset connected with optical cable

Discus and support headset connected with optical cable in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; If I connect a headset via an optical cable to the xbox one, does the microphone work or just the audio? a05fcbc2-364a-4e40-96f6-453de9b2e64f Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by PedroScardine, Apr 23, 2020.

1. headset connected with optical cable

If I connect a headset via an optical cable to the xbox one, does the microphone work or just the audio?

:)

PedroScardine, Apr 23, 2020
  2. T3chnlgydude Win User

My son is on second pair of the Xbox stereo headset and again the mic has stopped working!

Do you have another headset connected with an optical cable perhaps?
  3. SilentStryk09 Win User

Dude, Where is my sound?!?

what connection are you using for the TB headset? If it's also an optical cable, try switching that out. optical cables are quite fragile and a crack in the plastic could cause you to lose sound.
  4. bladerunnin Win User

Can't use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater with headset base station connected (Elite 800X and Astro A50)

If you have tried that but still can't enable Dolby Atmos while you have everything plugged in, then just disconnect the optical cable but leave the USB plugged in, which is what charges the headset, not the optical cable.
    The optical cable does not trigger the Xbox to see the base station...it's the USB cable that - when connected - prompts the Xbox to recognize the presence of the base station/headset and disables Atmos. So it's not possible to charge the headset and use
    Atmos.

The optical cable can stay plugged in at all times and does not effect the ability to enable Atmos.
  5. Geth Win User

6. Paraffin Alien Win User

Turtle Beach X12 Question

The audio adapter plugs into the large AV socket above the HDMI socket on the back of the console. The green-red/white audio cable that came with the headset then connects the headset to the adapter.

This then gives a direct audio signal from the console to the headset.

If you are the owner of an original Xbox 360 (large) and have purchased a headset that connects to the console via an optical cable, you will need to purchase the HDAV Adaptor(unless already supplied with your console at purchase). The HDAV Adaptor connects
    to the rear of the console and gives you the optical port not included on the console. (The slim Xbox 360 has an optical port as standard)

If using HDMI to connect to the TV you will need to purchase the HDAV Adaptor to use the headset. The AV port on the console is very close to the HDMI port, this means that when a HDMI lead is connected to the console the standard AV lead will not fit.

The HDAV Adaptor has been made to allow both itself and the HDMI cable to be connected at

the same time.

If your headset is a stereo headset (not connected via optical) and your TV does not have Red and White stereo audio phone's out. The HDAV adaptor is equipped with Red & White stereo audio out phones as well as an optical port so your stereo headset connects
    here.

It should also be noted that if a HDMI cable is not being used, i.e. a Component cable or composite cable is used, then wired headsets can piggy back with those connections so the HDAV adaptor is not needed.
Thema:

1. headset connected with optical cable - Similar Threads - headset connected optical

2. Alpha skip ahead headset not connecting/ mic not found

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead headset not connecting/ mic not found: I have the rig wireless headset and for some reason it won’t connect / be recognized by the system to use. submitted by /u/Madmexican87 [link] [comments]
  3. Issues with connectivity between console, controller, and headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with connectivity between console, controller, and headset: Hello Xbox community! I have had an issue with my wireless connection between my console and any wireless accessory I use for quite some time now. So I have a bit of history I wish to catch you...
  4. Connecting two headsets to one xbox one console. Please answer this question in FULL and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Connecting two headsets to one xbox one console. Please answer this question in FULL and...: I recently went to MANY different resources regarding this topic and no matter where I go, there are multiple answers and I do not know which one is the right one. I have one Xbox Live Gold...
  5. In voice chat, I can hear them but they can't hear me. My headset shows up as connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    In voice chat, I can hear them but they can't hear me. My headset shows up as connected.: When I'm in xbox live parties I can hear people but they can't hear me. I have double-checked that i'm not muted, not in game chat, and all my audio settings. Also, when I joined a party through...
  6. HyperX Headset not connecting anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    HyperX Headset not connecting anymore: My HyperX headset for Xbox One is no longer connecting. I’ve tried it on my laptop so I know it still works, but it will not work on any of our Xbox controllers (we have 3). We just got the Xbox,...
  7. Microphone not working (although the system sees headset with microphone connected)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working (although the system sees headset with microphone connected): Hi, I seem to be having issues with my headsets. Just bought an Xbox One a couple weeks ago, so both console and controller are brand new. When I plug-in my headset into the controller, the...
  8. Do XBox design lab controllers have a headset connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do XBox design lab controllers have a headset connection?: I would like to confirm if controllers that are personalized using the design lab option have a headset jack. 0135c5fb-4bc3-4fa6-832f-54c2efa41a24
  9. Sound thru tv is different when headset is also connected

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sound thru tv is different when headset is also connected: Hi there, So i have Xbox one s. Sony tv and soundbar. Other day we're watching Netflix on Xbox, a friend sent me a chat invite, i jumped in quick and the sound from the TV was different,...
  10. connect headset to 360 E with 3.5 mm plug (no optical connections)

in XBoX on Consoles
    connect headset to 360 E with 3.5 mm plug (no optical connections): I have a newer 360 E with the 3.5 mm plug in the back, no optical port. How can I connect a wired headset with microphone? I tried connecting a generic headset via the 3.5 mm plug. I got good...