Headset/controller issue

Discus and support Headset/controller issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought the winter camo Xbox one controller and Astro a10’s. The headset works for a little while then randomly stops and nothing I do can get it to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DJH2, Oct 18, 2019.

1. DJH2
    DJH2 Guest

Headset/controller issue

I bought the winter camo Xbox one controller and Astro a10’s. The headset works for a little while then randomly stops and nothing I do can get it to work again. This is not an issue with the controller I recently bought (yet).
    I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix? I have also updated the controller and still have this issue.

:)

2. InsectCentaur37 Win User

Xbox controller reset

Try to use the headset to another controller.

If your headset works to another controller, then it is an issue with your controller that might need to be replaced or repaired.

You can try first to use another headset to the controller ( the one where your headset it not working ) to see if it is an issue with the headset.
  3. choppyseize Win User

head set not being XBOX are no longer working

It could be that the headset is faulty now or that the jack in the controller itself is the issue. How old is the headset and controller ? What brand is the headset ?
  4. Paul1708 Win User

How do I turn mute ( unmute ) off on Xbox 1

Hello there

The symobol at the top right isnt a mute symbol lots of people thing it is but it isnt. If there is a mic attached it turns too a pic of a headset. What confusses people is that sometimes the console or controller doesnt see the headset that is attached
    and there for doesnt show the headset pic.

A few things too do you need too find out if its a headset issue or a controller issue or possable (unlikley) a console issue

Make sure your controller is updated
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

Try the headset on a other device like a pc or phone if it works there you know it isnt the headset. If it doesnt work on a other device then the headset is falutly/brokon

Try pluging the headset into a other xbox controller sometimes the 3.5mm port on the controller goes bad and the console wont see the pic. If it works on a other controller then the controller is the issue.

If your in the xbox insider program there is a issue where some 3rd party headsets are having issues.
  5. REBECCALAARMAN Win User

Headset

So could it be a controller issue? And not a headset issue? Especially if the headset works on other devices?
  6. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox One Headset chat

Is the headset wired or wireless? If the headset is wired, it could be an issue with the cable connecting the headset to the controller.
Thema:

Headset/controller issue

1. Headset/controller issue - Similar Threads - Headset controller issue

2. Design Lab controller issues with the headset jack

in XBoX on Consoles
    Design Lab controller issues with the headset jack: My design lab controller will not work with my headset now. My headset works with all my other controllers still. The jack is messed up and I have tried using rubbing alcohol and the sound will...
  3. Xbox headset controller issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headset controller issue: Hi all I have an Xbox One console and have just bought a headset and mic. I have followed the set up instructions but under Settings - Devices & Accessories, the Volume option is greyed out so...
  4. Audio issues with 3 headsets, 2 controllers.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio issues with 3 headsets, 2 controllers.: I purchased an xbox1 S in November 2018. I also got an Astro A10 headset. After a few months the sound on the headset would cut out sporadically. I figured it was buggy head set, no big deal. I...
  5. Headset and Controller issues....HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset and Controller issues....HELP: Hello, Out of 4 controllers, only 2 of them will allow a headset to work, they did work fine till recently. This has been tried with serval headsets and consoles making the problem the...
  6. issues with xbox one control port for headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    issues with xbox one control port for headset: Hi, I have had 4 controllers since dec and they all last about 1 month before the port where the headset plugs in comes faulty any ideas why this is happening? bc489d45-2195-4b7e-a156-552b84bf14d0
  7. Controller/headset issues.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller/headset issues.: Is anyone else having issues with the 3.5mm jack ports on their controllers. Both my boys got new controllers and headsets for Christmas. The headsets work for a while then stop. We took one...
  8. Headset / Controller issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset / Controller issues: Hi All, Please assist as this is driving myself and kids crazy. We have bought recently an Xbox One S. The Controllers was working fine with the headsets and the family was happy. Then it started...
  9. XBox One X: Headset chat on 3.5mm controller port with home theater Dolby Atmos issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One X: Headset chat on 3.5mm controller port with home theater Dolby Atmos issues.: I just purchased a Xbox One X Gold Rush Edition. I purchased a Plantronics RIG 100HX to go with it because I wanted to use my Dolby Atmos capable surround sound home theater and chat at the same...
  10. Xbox one Wireless controller issue with headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Wireless controller issue with headset: Hi, When we connect the headset to the controller the headset doesn't work. I e no sound from the headset. Headset is ok, as it's working when listening to music on iPhone for example. It might...