headset help

Discus and support headset help in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i'm using a set of turtle beach x32's running through a dss2 into the xbox one however my sound is not being converted from stereo to virtual surround... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jason L P Mc, May 9, 2014.

1. Jason L P Mc
    Jason L P Mc Guest

headset help

i'm using a set of turtle beach x32's running through a dss2 into the xbox one however my sound is not being converted from stereo to virtual surround are they not compatible with the xbox one or am my missing something i have my audio bitstream out set
    for dolby digital. desperately hoping that i do not need to get a new headset

:)

Jason L P Mc, May 9, 2014
  2. jamezz23
    jamezz23 Guest
    Headset help

Hey guys I've been trying to figure out how to make my a40's work correctly on the Xbox one and I am stumped.

The issue is the chat, I plug the headset into the mixamp for game volume and it's beautiful, but as soon as I plug in the 2.5 to 3.5 mm cable from the mixamp to the controller for the microphone the audio quality just gets shitty, more muffled and just not clear. The mixamp is updated, it just sucks not using your mic on rainbow 6 cause it distorts the game volume so much.

Anyone have this issue or possibly fixed it? Thanks

jamezz23, May 9, 2014
  3. Jamesx82x
    Jamesx82x Guest
    Headset help

The reason this is happening is because once you use the 2.5 to 3.5 mm cable to your controller your entire headset goes from using the mixamp to produce sound to using stereo sound from the controller. Im pretty sure this can be fixed by tweaking audio output settings in the Xbox to not use game sound through the controller. I dont have this headset to know 100% for sure if thats the case but this sounds like a very familiar issue Ive seen.

I think these are the 2 things you need to fix.

Display and sound > Optical audio > Select Bitstream out.

Display and sound > Bitstream format > Select Dolby Digital

Jamesx82x, May 9, 2014
  4. Andy Mulligan Win User

Xbox 360 headset - microphone not working

5. MessiahBrowny Win User

Controller, Headset, or Faulty Box?

6. XBF Steven R Win User

Headphones won’t stay connected

Hey there MJ!

Sorry to hear that you guys are experiencing difficulty.

It could be a couple of things, depending on the brand of headset. Generally, the steps outlined in

Xbox One Chat Headset troubleshooting
    would help with resolving most headset problems, so I would try those out if you haven't already.

Also, if it's some third party headset, it might help to get a Xbox One Headset Adapter, as it was designed to help with compatibility problems of any sort.

Hope this information was helpful.

Thanks for reading!
  7. Lust For Weed Win User

Headset Help

did you well update your controller ?
  8. xMABUHAY KAx Win User

Headset Help?

what kind of headset..if its the one that come with the xbox it has nothing to do with reciever on the console. Since its hooked up through one connection..the headset is either bad or you dont have the setting set up correctly in the 360 set up section.
    Is it a headset you need the old dongle thats no longer available or is it something else. Please be more specific.
Thema:

headset help

1. headset help - Similar Threads - headset help

2. Headset and Controller issues....HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset and Controller issues....HELP: Hello, Out of 4 controllers, only 2 of them will allow a headset to work, they did work fine till recently. This has been tried with serval headsets and consoles making the problem the...
  3. Headset Troubleshooting help needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Troubleshooting help needed: Every few minuets my headset audio will cut out completely for a bit then come back. I have tried two different Turtle Beach headsets (one battery powered, one cable powered), two different audio...
  4. Need help connecting headset to Xbox 1 controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help connecting headset to Xbox 1 controllers: This has been an ongoing issue. We have gone through 3 Turtle Bay 50X headsets trying to get to the root of problem. Initially the headsets would work, but after a few weeks they would stop. When...
  5. Specific headset does not work with specific controller. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Specific headset does not work with specific controller. Help?: I unplugged my headset for <5 minutes, and when I came back and plugged it back in the controller could not detect it. I tested the headset, which works fine on my laptop, and on another...
  6. headset problem plz help

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset problem plz help: So when i plug my Mic into any other controller my mic works fine but when i use my controller there is no sound and when you press the home button and you see a headset symbol but on mine its a...
  7. Headset Troubleshooting Help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Headset Troubleshooting Help!: Hi All, I have the older white xbox one controller (has the 3.5mm jack on it), and the other day bought the turtle beach recon headset. The way that I understand things with the xbox is that as...
  8. My Xbox One has suddenly stopped recognising that my headset is plugged in, help?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox One has suddenly stopped recognising that my headset is plugged in, help?: My Xbox One has suddenly stopped recognising that my headset is plugged in, and so, I don't get audio or the audio tab under notifications. It was working absolutely fine just the other day, but...
  9. headset not working on Xbox one controller, need help

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset not working on Xbox one controller, need help: My headset not working on Xbox one, it won't work on either controller and shows its not even attached on the screen when it is attached. please help. 5fffdf40-c527-4cfe-a7d1-37b7230cd621
  10. My daughter headset not working.. help!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My daughter headset not working.. help!!!: Hey my daughter had a new xbox one for xmas and a new headset but we have been having problems the headset not working she can't speak to her friends on fortnite!! I have no idea what to do please...